Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

A Quote A Day.

• 25-08-2019 3:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭

In this thread, I will post a profound and/or chucklesome quote daily (don't quote me on that).

“One cannot escape from the world with greater certainty than through art, and one cannot relate to it with greater certainty than through art.”

―Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Feel free to share your own favourite quotes.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Sheridan81

"You know, if it turns out that there is a God, I don't think that he's evil. I think that the worst you can say about him is that basically he's an underachiever." -Woody Allen

“Some people have a way with words, and other people...oh, uh, not have way.”

― Steve Martin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Tammy!

'Well, I don't use the toilet much to pee in. I almost always pee in the yard or the garden, because I like to pee on my estate' - Iggy Pop

"If God did not exist, it would be necessary to invent him"-Voltaire

if God really existed, it would be necessary to abolish him. -Mikhail Bakunin

• Advertisement

"I have always been a huge admirer of my own work. I'm one of the funniest and most entertaining writers I know." Mel Brooks

"A moment of patience in a moment of anger saves you a thousand moments of regret."

— Ali Ibn Abu Talib

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭TheFortField

“Life is like a camera. Just focus on what’s important, capture the good times, develop from the negatives, and if things don’t work out, just take another shot.”

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭xerces

"The other folks in the marketplace may have no interest in the dharma, but this cup of tea is very good. The Buddha made this cup of tea. The Buddha is this cup of tea."

- Ramaji, 1000

A personal favourite from my own enlightenment journey.

What is a cynic? A man who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Oscar Wilde

• Advertisement

“Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.

Samuel Beckett

If you're going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy - Charles Manson.

"They change their sky, not their soul, who rush across the sea."-Horace

“What luck for rulers that men do not think.”—Adolf Hitler

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭pavb2

Many a mickle macks a muckle - Gordon Jackson

"Sometimes only one person is missing and the world seems depopulated."-Alphonse De Lamartime

• Registered Users Posts: 13,405 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

“We are such stuff as dreams are made on, and our little life is rounded with a sleep.”

The Tempest, William Shakespeare

Advertisement