Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

wheres your wedding ring Honey ?

Options
  • 19-12-2006 11:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭

During the past 2 weeks of office parties, I have found 3 wedding rings in my cab...All male wedding rings. They are in the carraige office but how do you explain this when you get home to herself ? It fell off....yea right. Would not like to be in their shoes...:eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Ouch.
    Well, at least you have some spare for when it happens you ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Unfortunately, there's nothing new here...a friend of mine does this all the time :( :mad:

I don't go out with him anymore and have let his wife know (a good friend of many years too). That was a hard thing to do but he put me in the situation so...tough! :)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I knew a girl (friend of a friend) who used to don a fake engagement ring when going out because she got more male attention... She was infact single... She swore by it... :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Lust4Life

My hubby accidentally shipped his to China while working at a packing/shipping company.

Well, that's his story anyway. :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 11,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Lust4Life wrote:
    My hubby accidentally shipped his to China while working at a packing/shipping company.

Well, that's his story anyway. :rolleyes:
    A+ for originality anyway :D

Why do people bother getting married at all if they still want to play the field? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

my dad was twiddling his between his fingers one day and dropped it, it rolled into a drain on the street. I wouldn't have believed him except I was walking along beside him

He was gutted, tried his best to get it out and got covered in filthy slime for his efforts but just find it

• Registered Users Posts: 16,727 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

miamee wrote:
    A+ for originality anyway :D

Why do people bother getting married at all if they still want to play the field? :confused:

because people think they want something, then they dont, then they want something else, but that something else could be something they just want there and then or something they want for a long while. ya see C F?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 11,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Trilla wrote:
    because people think they want something, then they dont, then they want something else, but that something else could be something they just want there and then or something they want for a long while. ya see C F?

Clear as mud T :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I have a really bad habit of taking mine on and off my finger when fidgeting. I'm not even aware I do it half the time. My dad has lost 2 rings to date so looks like I prob will at some stage. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭damonjewel

I'm on my 3rd ring now, lost one whilst swimming and the other I think I lost on a drunken binge. My wife made me get a ring a couple a sizes to small for my finger and it won't budge at all.

• Advertisement

damonjewel wrote:
    I'm on my 3rd ring now, lost one whilst swimming and the other I think I lost on a drunken binge. My wife made me get a ring a couple a sizes to small for my finger and it won't budge at all.
    Smart lady :D

I understand some people lose jewellery easily but being lost in the back of a taxi at Christmas tims is just a teeny weeny bit suspicious :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭threebeards

At my brothers stag in Liverpool, I was twiddling with my ring in the middle of a packed pub and the inevitible happened....it fell on the floor. I was like a crazed lunatic asking people to move their chairs and look under tables. My biggest fear was going home and telling my wife that I'd lost it. Thankfully I found it and have since welded it to my finger for fear of that situation arising again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Reminds me of Hal in 'Malcolm in the Middle'
    "I lost my wedding ring three years ago.
    This is part of a lawnmower."

Advertisement