Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Parents of School Children?

• 18-12-2006 1:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭

Ok so I was just wondering this as I sat in traffick this morning for two hours and looking out of every second or third car window was a kid wearing a school uniform. To any parents with kids going to school, how do your kids get there and back everyday?

How do your kids get to school? 25 votes

They get driven in a car
    0% 0 votes
    They walk
    56% 14 votes
    They get public transport
    16% 4 votes
    They cycle
    28% 7 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

I think for the most part you already have your answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,109 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

None of the above.

Mine go by private transport (school bus).

Yes, the school bus is private.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

I would ask why you want this information,
    Did you know there is a parenting forum
    and that the DTO have carried out a survey on this less then a month aga cia schools.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Moved over from AH. Feel free to throw it back, Thaed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

Driven in the morning and walk/cycle home. No option in the poll for different way home so I did not vote.

MrP

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭deisemum

Private school bus

• Registered Users Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭magnumlady

One school is 3 miles away, the other is 9 miles. No other option but to drive the kids to school.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭neoB

When my oldest god daughter sleeps over, she gets driven to school by me and her parents. Can't trust her to get on the bus to get home due to problems of her wandering off (previous times :( wrong location etc etc..). She lives too far away to even try to walk or cycle. 7 Years old, tbh she would probably get lost because she doesn't pay attention :/.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,746 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

My lad walks to & from Montessori - 1km round trip.
    When he starts school (4km round trip on country roads) he'll go by car until he is competent enough to cycle with Mrs Billy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

Mine are too young (6&4) to walk or cycle, so they're driven there and back

Advertisement