Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Antifa [Mod Warning on post #1 - updated 08/08/19]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,239 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Marcos wrote: »
    Look, why are you surprised? Didn't they try and attack that Daryl Davis the guy that spoke to and befriended 200 KKK members and persuaded them to leave that organisation?

Antifa blockaded a conference he was speaking at in Philadelphia and when he invited them in to speak to them, they refused and called him a White Supremacist. :eek:

Who or why does not matter.

Intimidation, thrill of the mob, the excitement if beating random people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Lads, some folk are not here to discuss these issues, just to push an agenda. Waste of time

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

notobtuse wrote: »
    I got it from several reliable news sources. No annoyance whatsoever.

They weren’t very reliable it seems.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

Brian? wrote: »
    They weren’t very reliable it seems.
    How so?

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,625 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

• Advertisement

I'm blocked from seeing the video unless I sign up. Got another source?

You post a tweet but can’t watch a video on twitter??

they/them/theirs

How so?

Because they posted incorrect information

they/them/theirs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Tasfasdf

Overheal wrote: »

As Overheal would say how do we know its the same girl, the quality is ****e.

Tasfasdf wrote: »
    As Overheal would say how do we know its the same girl, the quality is ****e.

A good point :pac: be a good lack and link the “original” video and we can exchange notes.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

The names of numerous donors to journalist Andy Ngo’s GoFundMe have been released by antifa activists on Twitter, doxxing the names of those donating to the journalist’s medical funds.

The doxxing was done on the belief that Andy Ngo faked a brain hemorrhage after being subjected to a public beating on June 29 at an Antifa protest in Ngo’s hometown of Portland.

https://www.thepostmillennial.com/andy-ngo-donors-have-names-released-doxxed-by-antifa-radicals/

• Advertisement

biko wrote: »

Doxxing is no fun. The coward's Swatting.

Where is the dox though? Hate to keep flogging that horse, but when it comes to Andy Ngo's baseline credibility I can't discount the possibility that again, he didn't or does not operate an Anti-Fa account just to hype up his own chaos.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,934 ✭✭✭20Cent

The actual article says they don't know who did it but the target audience won't get that far they've clicked already and fallen for the grift.

Discussed earlier in the thread. I'm very skeptical, fair play if anyone is convicted for stalking or whatever tho

Swedish chapter of Antifa is AFA
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antifascistisk_Aktion
    In January 2006, Swedish AFA members attacked the Norrköping immigration office and threatened officials
    In July 2007, AFA members threatened and attacked an immigration judge in Gothenburg
    The judge's front door was hit with an axe, and the house was vandalized with red spraypaint
    Personal information about the judge and other judges was posted on the Internet

An editorial in the tabloid newspaper Expressen argued that the label 'anti-fascist' was misleading, because the organization's methods, such as stealing the subscriber list of the National Democrats newspaper, and threatening the subscribers are counterproductive and similar to methods used by fascists.

Hey Bilko, how about some of your own opinions instead of just dumping randumb sh1t, in the in the thread.

There's a good fella.

My opinion? Antifa is crap and simple cowardly thugs.
    There, happy now?

I don't think there is much I can say to convince you to agree, hence the posting of their actions instead.
    You can ignore me, but you can't ignore real news.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Woodsie1

20Cent wrote: »
    Hey Bilko, how about some of your own opinions instead of just dumping randumb sh1t, in the in the thread.

There's a good fella.

The hypocrisy of you.
    At least Biko is keeping the thread on the topic of antifa instead of you and your comrades link dumping "alt-right" stuff in a thread about antifa.

Woodsie1 wrote: »
    The hypocrisy of you.
    At least Biko is keeping the thread on the topic of antifa instead of you and your comrades link dumping "alt-right" stuff in a thread about antifa.

Freedom of speech thought ye were for it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Woodsie1

20Cent wrote: »
    Freedom of speech thought ye were for it!

Sure make a thread about it instead of trying to derail this one.
    Ive no problem with that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

Why bother posting if it’s all going to be childish nonsense?
    So you agree you’ve the mind of a 12 year old?
    Serious question, what age are you? If I was to guess by that post I'd say no older than 12.

Rather than just ignoring the post, to which you chose to respond to, you continued to respond after trying to get a response. Each time in a 'holier than thou' way you went after the poster and not the post!! It's the height of petulance to repeatedly attempt to try and belittle a poster through the use of infantile behavior. Hypocrite! As a mod (in another thread)you should know to ignore these things if you don't like them.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,948 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Which was completely wrong. It doesn't make his economic policies any less left wing.

So ignoring the tyrannical regime he led and presided over, because he subscribed to the correct economic policies, he is left-wing.

I would never say Castro was not left wing by the way. Stalin was also left-wing.

The nuance of the entire left/right paradigm seems to escape you.

Not at all, I just want to get to the nub of what is left-wing these days.
    It appears the social stuff doesn't matter. Its all about economics. So one can be quite liberal, but because they believe in free markets, they are not left-wing, so I guess that makes them right-wing, because they are not Paul Murphy.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,948 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Why are you posting this absurd manner? I suggest you look up the word proxy.

Apologies, I thought you meant that they were acting as a proxy for someone else.

However, the narrative of my question remains unanswered.
    I asked you a number of times now, who is the most successful left-wing politician of the last 20 years.

Your nonanswer speaks volumes, by the way.

markodaly wrote: »
    So ignoring the tyrannical regime he led and presided over, because he subscribed to the correct economic policies, he is left-wing.

I would never say Castro was not left wing by the way. Stalin was also left-wing.

Who’s ignoring the bad things Castro did? Not I. Stalin started left wing and became an authoritarian nut job who invented a state religion to keep power.

Do you think I feel everyone on the left is inherently good and on my side? They aren’t.
    Not at all, I just want to get to the nub of what is left-wing these days.
    It appears the social stuff doesn't matter. Its all about economics. So one can be quite liberal, but because they believe in free markets, they are not left-wing, so I guess that makes them right-wing, because they are not Paul Murphy.

The social stuff is of little consequence to me. Others might feel differently. As I say, it’s a broad spectrum. So broad it’s almost useless. I prefer to judge it purely based on economic policy.

I know very little about Paul Murphy. You’ll have to fill that one out for me. I don’t live in Ireland.

they/them/theirs

markodaly wrote: »
    Apologies, I thought you meant that they were acting as a proxy for someone else.

However, the narrative of my question remains unanswered.
    I asked you a number of times now, who is the most successful left-wing politician of the last 20 years.

Your nonanswer speaks volumes, by the way.

Daniel Ortega is trying his best, in spite of fighting the CIA for 20 years.

In Spain, Felipe González; from 2004 to 2011 under José Luis Rodríguez Zapatero; and currently since 2018 under Pedro Sánchez

You live in a social democracy, often led by centerists. Most states in Europe as social democracies. You know this. What point are you
    Actually trying to prove? Are we going the “all left wing politicians as closet despots” route again?

they/them/theirs

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,285 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Rather than just ignoring the post, to which you chose to respond to, you continued to respond after trying to get a response. Each time in a 'holier than thou' way you went after the poster and not the post!! It's the height of petulance to repeatedly attempt to try and belittle a poster through the use of infantile behavior. Hypocrite! As a mod (in another thread)you should know to ignore these things if you don't like them.

If you have a problem with a post or poster report it and leave the modding to the mods

The fact Brian? is a mod elsewhere is totally irrelevant - he is a regular user in this forum

Any questions PM me - do not respond to this warning in-thread

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Fascists deciding who people should and should not be able to listen to.

https://twitter.com/MrAndyNgo/status/1197403507671715842

Fascists deciding who people should and should not be able to listen to.

https://twitter.com/MrAndyNgo/status/1197403507671715842

I don't know the man. But you have made me dislike Andy Ngo. He's the Hannity of the far right, who pretends he's not far right. I don't think he really is, it just pays better to be the minority on the wrong side of society.

We need anti-fa. Every time a Boris Johnson burns a twenty pound note in front of a homeless person. Every time a Trump gains power and every time a self entitled brat uses the abuse of minorities to keep himself in privilege.
    Thugs are thugs. The Republican party, Legion of Mary and Antifa have thugs.

• Advertisement

We need anti-fa.

No we don't.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement