Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Organised Raid by up to 100 Youths in Cork City Centr

14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,516 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

recedite wrote: »
    Again, that's a full scale bank robbery/heist, not looting.

“Ah now that’s too much looting to be lumped in with all that looting”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭recedite

Overheal wrote: »
    “Ah now that’s too much looting to be lumped in with all that looting”
    That's how it works. Rob a shop and you're a scumbag.
    Rob millions from a bank and you're a hero.

Bank robbers are not scum bags?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭recedite

They tend to be popular heroes yes. Nobody likes the banksters.
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2763296/

• Registered Users Posts: 18,073 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Rob a nation and you're a RobbingBandit aka Bertie

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

As are similar statements about the USA that so frequently pass here with as much comment or less. Welcome.
    Those anti US comments are stupid also. Do as you say, not as you do?
    Yes many years.

Pipe bombs and guerrilla warfare are in the country’s modern history but looting I’m told is the ‘bridge too far, the type of sordid thing god-fearing pearl-clutching Irishmen have only ever seen from their television screens that has only been important now by the blacks’ - as I said, that premise is a load of bollocks.

I really dont see the point of getting offended by your history: have you seen the US’ ledger? It’s filthy. Thicken up lads.
    Then don't leap upon every comment that might seem slightly negative towards a particular demographic so.

Raconteuse wrote: »
    Those anti US comments are stupid also. Do as you say, not as you do?

there is nothing “anti” about acknowledging Ireland’s history of guerrilla warfare and domestic terrorism.
    Then don't leap upon every comment that might seem slightly negative towards a particular demographic so.

I don’t? You and I have never had a conversation to my recollection and there are countless bigoted/racist/sexist comments on boards that are not “leapt upon” by me. Don’t be so triggered.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

You should probably try to develop a deeper understanding of why those places were destroyed.

You should probably try to develop a deeper understanding of why those places were destroyed.

Doesn’t deflect the point I’ve made.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Seems like there was a raid planned for Dundrum today. Garda all over the place and stationed there for most of the night. Even P-Macs (the pub) had bouncers on the door which I've never seen.

The place where I work were told to have the shutter keys ready if the alarm was sounded.

Obviously it's a different gang but this seems to be a thing now.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

Think you mean house. But maybe the odd horse too.
    In fairness, there was some looting during the civil/independence wars, but there is always some killing, looting and raping in every war.
    We can't really compare that to the organised looting of consumer goods and luxury items during peacetime.

The liberties in dublin emptied during the events at easter week 1916 and looting was widespread , , its often ignored because we like to think we are better than that but looting is a fine example of people dropping to the lowest common demoniter of humanity

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭MarkY91

mynamejeff wrote: »
    The liberties in dublin emptied during the events at easter week 1916 and looting was widespread , , its often ignored because we like to think we are better than that but looting is a fine example of people dropping to the lowest common demoniter of humanity

That was 103 years ago ffs. So these people are that backward that you compare people from a century ago to them...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

MarkY91 wrote: »
    That was 103 years ago ffs. So these people are that backward that you compare people from a century ago to them...

meh !
    come back to me in 100 years and we will see how we are getting along why dont ya

• Registered Users Posts: 8,152 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

go figure

Advertisement