Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will Britain ever just piss off and get on with Brexit? -mod warning in OP (21/12)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

high_king wrote: »
    Excellent Clip. You gotta love it when by accident, the media types slip up, and real people get a moment to broadcast the actual truth.

How was that a slip-up, exactly? Why do you think 'the media types' interview real people, if not to hear their actual point of view?

That journalist would have been thrilled with that interview. It was pithy, it was passionate, it had a great soundbite along the way (Great/little Britain), and it was completely authentic.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 418 ✭✭high_king

davedanon wrote: »
    How was that a slip-up, exactly? Why do you think 'the media types' interview real people, if not to hear their actual point of view?

That journalist would have been thrilled with that interview. It was pithy, it was passionate, it had a great soundbite along the way (Great/little Britain), and it was completely authentic.

lol yeah right. . it was live mess up on their part . . and will never see the light of day again on the BBC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

high_king wrote: »
    lol yeah right. . it was live mess up on their part . . and will never see the light of day again on the BBC

They may not have expected it, but spontaneous reactions like that are what tv reporters crave. And it was broadcast, wasn't it? How was it a 'mess up'?

Don't you know anything about the media? I do.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

They may not have expected it, but spontaneous reactions like that are what tv reporters crave. And it was broadcast, wasn't it? How was it a 'mess up'?

What do you think about the reporters quip at the end (just before cut in some versions, cut out on others) of "Obviously a labour [supporter]"?

I found that odd. Almost pejorative.

If you actually believe that, looks like I know a LOT more about the media.

• Advertisement

I found that odd. Almost pejorative.

Glad to see at least some posters here are a little more perceptive.

• You couldn't invent this clusterfúck that Brexiteers have created:

Australia and others ask for Brexit trade compensation

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Any chance someone has a link to that cosy interview in the pub between Kuennsburg and Johnson? Going mad trying to find the full version

• Registered Users Posts: 13,144 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Im no fan of Jonson but this American moaning about him ghosting her is a non-story. It might become something with all the furore around upper class brits and women

• Registered Users Posts: 23,370 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

EJ7L6YNWoAIp8-o?format=jpg&name=small

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

Has anyone seen cryptocurrency?

I invested a load of money based on his advice and I have questions about the outcomes.

They were not what he repeatedly and aggressively repeated and predicted.
    I want my money back.
    Thanks in advance

Has anyone seen cryptocurrency?

I invested a load of money based on his advice and I have questions about the outcomes.

They were not what he repeatedly and aggressively repeated and predicted.
    I want my money back.
    Thanks in advance

In another thread complaining that English people suffer more racist abuse in Ireland than the Irish ever have/do from the brits. Got to hand it to him he trolls hard.

Has anyone seen cryptocurrency? back.
    Thanks in advance

I think he has been busy making this for the Conservative's official Youtube channel.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

Dominic Cummings resigned as spad three weeks ago. Weird that didn’t make the news

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭joseywhales

It's like when that witch gets doused with water, the inevitable shreeks of a miscreant empire with noone left to listen. And in the end just pity like a scene from a tortured soul in Dante's inferno.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,370 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

The separation of Northern Ireland from the UK is underway...

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-50733840

UK ports 'preparing to host EU customs checks'

The shipping industry is drawing up plans for EU border checks in Britain for trade bound for Northern Ireland.

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 32,802 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Does Arlene and wee Jamie know yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭cryptocurrency

NIMAN wrote: »

who cares, UK would be wise to dump the basketcase ans the 12 bln it pays in to keep the lights on. Dump it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭threeball

NIMAN wrote: »

They didn't matter when they were in government, they certainly won't matter now. I'd say Boris would rather tell the truth than bring that bunch in again.

• Advertisement

threeball wrote: »
    They didn't matter when they were in government, they certainly won't matter now. I'd say Boris would rather tell the truth than bring that bunch in again.

If the UK dumped the north could it not impose full checks on all goods between irealdn and the UK

who cares, UK would be wise to dump the basketcase ans the 12 bln it pays in to keep the lights on. Dump it.

This Brexit craic is going to be expensive. Between a tanking economy and paying for the upkeep to northern Ireland for at least the next decade while it transitions theres some tough times ahead.

If the UK dumped the north could it not impose full checks on all goods between irealdn and the UK

Theoretically it could but it wouldn't play well in Brussels so they'd get absolutely hammered there and then its really curtains.

This Brexit craic is going to be expensive. Between a tanking economy and paying for the upkeep to northern Ireland for at least the next decade while it transitions theres some tough times ahead.

What tanking economy?

All those who predicted the economic explosion of the UK over this are going to look like proper imbeciles over the coming decade and I will be first to remind them. Anyone who says this will have no right to offer an opinion on anything as thye will just be seen as outright stupid.

Save that.

I have started pulling people up on it already with a timely interuption of "sorry, you are too thick to engage with "

Theoretically it could but it wouldn't play well in Brussels so they'd get absolutely hammered there and then its really curtains.

You make out the EU has power. It's a tin pot club of **** weak nations who if the UK took the shackles off could plough them into submission.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,631 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

What tanking economy?

All those who predicted the economic explosion of the UK over this are going to look like proper imbeciles over the coming decade and I will be first to remind them. Anyone who says this will have no right to offer an opinion on anything as thye will just be seen as outright stupid.

Save that.

I have started pulling people up on it already with a timely interuption of "sorry, you are too thick to engage with "
    QFT
    If I understand you correctly you are saying that anyone who gets a prediction wrong is an imbecile and will have no right to voice any opinions ever again?
    Can that be taken retroactively?

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,215 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

You make out the EU has power. It's a tin pot club of **** weak nations who if the UK took the shackles off could plough them into submission.
    Can I bill you for the cleaning of my keyboard? This nonsense comment made me spill my morning coffee while I was laughing .

ELM327 wrote: »
    Can I bill you for the cleaning of my keyboard? This nonsense comment made me spill my morning coffee while I was laughing .

no it didn't, you made that up to try and sound like your opinion is right and it isn't.

OldGoat wrote: »
    QFT
    If I understand you correctly you are saying that anyone who gets a prediction wrong is an imbecile and will have no right to voice any opinions ever again?
    Can that be taken retroactively?

I am saying that those who have been saying about the disaster that will happen to the UK over brexit has been wrong on everything and will continue to do so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,059 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I am saying that those who have been saying about the disaster that will happen to the UK over brexit has been wrong on everything and will continue to do so

what about all those that said that britain would definitely leave on Oct 31st? Are they wrong about everything as well?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement