Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap Broadband, for light use.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Joshua J

seanin4711 wrote: »
    how do you find pure?
    ookla on the line?
    Have Pure just over a week now and not a bother. Just did speedtest there getting 91/19. For a euro a day I'm happy out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,085 ✭✭✭seanin4711

Joshua J wrote: »
    Have Pure just over a week now and not a bother. Just did speedtest there getting 91/19. For a euro a day I'm happy out.

wifi good?

wifi good?
    I had Vodafone FTTC before and see no difference tbh but I'm only streaming and surfing really, nothing too intensive. Get homeplugs if you're worried about wifi.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭gussieg

At my friend's place she signed up to pure is working fine so far, just looked on their website and their latest offer is all the way down to 24 a month with a * next to it, so could be the lead in price, must be for season of the blackfridayness.

gussieg wrote: »
    At my friend's place she signed up to pure is working fine so far, just looked on their website and their latest offer is all the way down to 24 a month with a * next to it, so could be the lead in price, must be for season of the blackfridayness.
    That's 24 for 6 months then 50 after, 18 month contract. There are better deals to be had.

• Advertisement

That's 24 for 6 months then 50 after, 18 month contract. There are better deals to be had.

35 a month from eir?
    never thought i would say it but it aint bad

35 a month from eir?
    never thought i would say it but it aint bad

With €30 setup fee works out at 450 for the first 12 months. Pure 30 for 12 months with free activation is €360 for first 12 months. With eir you do get their sports package so I'm sure it would be a better choice for some but if all you want is broadband then Pure is the best around atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Del007

With €30 setup fee works out at 450 for the first 12 months. Pure 30 for 12 months with free activation is €360 for first 12 months. With eir you do get their sports package so I'm sure it would be a better choice for some but if all you want is broadband then Pure is the best around atm.

Have you a link for the 35 euro for 12 months?

From what I can see, it says 35euro for 6 months and then 55 euro after that

Del007 wrote: »
    Have you a link for the 35 euro for 12 months?

From what I can see, it says 35euro for 6 months and then 55 euro after that

https://www.eir.ie/bundles/

eir would be the first to get siro though,no?
    thats why i would possibly go with them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

eir would be the first to get siro though,no?
    thats why i would possibly go with them!

Siro is eir's competition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭Thomyokk

I see that pure don't answer the fones now that I've signed up

Tha was one good thing about Vodafone ,you got through straightaway

None of this hanging on the fone while they tell you how much they love you

30 bucks for BB and phone

sky best deal was 42 down from 55 plus.
    good luck to them

• Registered Users Posts: 6,973 ✭✭✭Barr

OmegaGene wrote: »

That 35e a month looks a great deal . How do you get to watch the sports on tv. Do you still need a sky box?

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Logo

With Eir €30 setup fee works out at 450 for the first 12 months. Pure 30 for 12 months with free activation is €360 for first 12 months.
    I'm with Eir atm and the contract is up next week and I'm tempted to switch to Pure. Does anyone have experience of switching from Eir - do they stop billing at the switch date (as I was advised) and will the activation fee still apply as I am already with Eir.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,758 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Logo wrote: »
    I'm with Eir atm and the contract is up next week and I'm tempted to switch to Pure. Does anyone have experience of switching from Eir - do they stop billing at the switch date (as I was advised) and will the activation fee still apply as I am already with Eir.
    I just got my fibre bb activated 2 days ago with Pure having left Eir. No activation fee and final Eir bill to be sorted out yet but I'll update here when I get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,435 ✭✭✭caviardreams

muffler wrote: »
    I just got my fibre bb activated 2 days ago with Pure having left Eir. No activation fee and final Eir bill to be sorted out yet but I'll update here when I get it.

What is involved in the activation/set-up? I have no phone line or anything at present and the information on the site confused me a bit re needing a phone line and what is required for installation/set-up. Is there a cost, or do they come out and set up for free?

Thanks

What is involved in the activation/set-up? I have no phone line or anything at present and the information on the site confused me a bit re needing a phone line and what is required for installation/set-up. Is there a cost, or do they come out and set up for free?

Thanks
    You will need an active line but I dont know if Pure will arrange that or not and what, if any, additional charges would apply in that situation. Pure, just like Vodafone and Sky among others, use the Eir infrastructure so there's never a problem with switching between those providers once you have the active line.

Once you have an active line Pure post out the modem and its self install which only takes a couple of minutes. The most awkward part is then linking other devices to it via wifi - PCs/laptops, tablets, mobile phones etc but again it doesnt take long to connect by entering the new access key into the various devices.

You will need an active line but I dont know if Pure will arrange that or not and what, if any, additional charges would apply in that situation. Pure, just like Vodafone and Sky among others, use the Eir infrastructure so there's never a problem with switching between those providers once you have the active line.

Once you have an active line Pure post out the modem and its self install which only takes a couple of minutes. The most awkward part is then linking other devices to it via wifi - PCs/laptops, tablets, mobile phones etc but again it doesnt take long to connect by entering the new access key into the various devices.
    I got Pure in without an active line. Was with Vodafone till 6-7 months ago then canceled with no good deals about. Pure sent me a modem and a KN engineer called around a couple of days later and installed it. No fees.

I got Pure in without an active line. Was with Vodafone till 6-7 months ago then canceled with no good deals about. Pure sent me a modem and a KN engineer called around a couple of days later and installed it. No fees.
    Well, you can certainly order it but before using the fibre BB you do need an active line otherwise you have nothing to connect the modem to. :)

• Advertisement

Logo wrote: »

Is it just because of the price that you are thinking of switching ? Just wondering as I am thinking of changing to eir with their offer

I am with sky at the moment which I cant fault (except the price) :(

What are they like to deal with . Were you happy with modem/service they provide

I've already given my notice and the service is down for cancelation. It's a relief to be honest as Im sick of the horse trading with sky over price.

Also Eir giving the sports which is a huge draw for me.

better to upgrade router or is it ok?

Eir are losing sports soon according to another poster

Yikes , anyone know more about this :mad: though I would be watching sports for the year when I signed up.

i read the thread again just for you lol
    post 52 someone states it is finished in july next year

Didn't expect you to read through the thread :pac: if there was a super thank button I would press it for you :D

better to upgrade router or is it ok?
    Its early days yet as I've only had it since Friday last but so far it seems to be ok. I do notice the speed (wired from router to PC) a little down on what I was getting with Eir but I'll leave it a few days before I contact them about it. With Eir I was getting around 75mb but now its about 65 - 67 approx. Wifi upstairs is running close on 50 so cant really complain about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Tockman

Anyone know if the 30pm Pure deal is still available?

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭mjp

Where would I get best broadband deal for 4 months where I'm not tied into a contract. Moving out of my apartment in April and contract up with virgin in January. Need speeds of about 20mb speeds for my android tv box.

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Fishy1

Tockman wrote: »
    Anyone know if the 30pm Pure deal is still available?

It looks like it’s increased to €35 per month for 12 month contract, including anytime calls to Irish landlines. Have a look at bonkers.ie or switcher.ie.

I changed from Eir to Pure (when the €30 offer was available). So far so good :)

• Advertisement

went from sky (55€ pm+) to pure telecom (30pm).
    same wifi strength and speed on ethernet confirmed on ookla.
    happy days.
    called customer service twice and i was through to a rep within 60 seconds both times!

Advertisement