Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Scanner problem

• 20-10-2018 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48,131 ✭✭✭✭

Hi again

Got to grips with most aspects of my beautiful new Macbook but have one problem.
    I have a very handy portable scanner i use for work. Its a Canon lide 120 which is powered by USB port on whatever device it is attached to.
    I have been unable to get it to work with MacBook. I thought that mayb connecting to MacBook to power would sort it but tried that last night and no joy.
    I have downloaded driver, update Mac Os all to no avail.
    No real help online
    Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,163 ✭✭✭✭ED E

USB 2, Power consumption
    approx. 2.5W (in operation, maximum)

Thats 500mA draw, should work everywhere.

A) Is it lighting up in whatever way it does normally?
    B) Are you using the stock cable?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,131 ✭✭✭✭km79

ED E wrote: »
    USB 2, Power consumption
    approx. 2.5W (in operation, maximum)

Thats 500mA draw, should work everywhere.

A) Is it lighting up in whatever way it does normally?
    B) Are you using the stock cable?

When it’s plugged in it starts to “whir” normally as the scanner moves inside
    It doesn’t do that now

Yep same cable . Only got the scanner last month

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

It's possible the app or driver isn't compatible with Mojave. Try using Image Capture, which is Apple's built-in scanner app. If that doesn't work, try VueScan.

It's possible the app or driver isn't compatible with Mojave. Try using Image Capture, which is Apple's built-in scanner app. If that doesn't work, try VueScan.

Thanks ye are mighty altogether
    Image capture worked
    Might try vuescan as well to see if it is better

Downloaded vuescan and much preferred it
    Until i noticed the PDFs were all watermarked :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Yeah, I meant to mention it wasn't free. Image Capture should do everything you need, though.

Advertisement