Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Booze deals [Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭you2008

mac.in wrote: »
    Last year I remember having seen Hennessy at €25 or €50 for 2 that finally comes to €25. With voucher it would have effectively costed €20.

now this year

https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=252238483 :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Lidl have 12 x 500mls cans Guinness (floating widget) for €15.00

• Registered Users Posts: 27,880 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Supervalu:
    * Jack Daniels €20
    * Bushmills €20
    * Jameson €20
    * Paddy 1 litre €26.50

Most offers run until the 25th, except the Jameson which is until the 20th.

Tesco have the Jack Daniels & Jameson for €20 also, Jameson comes in a gift set with highball glasses.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

My local Super Valu (Bray) was doing 5L mini kegs of Veltins for only €10, down from €24.95. I picked up two, and they had about 6 left. Will pop back later.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭McCrack

dont be greedy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,919 ✭✭✭dodzy

McCrack wrote: »
    dont be greedy

Greed is absolutely condoned, and, dare I say, encouraged, around here! And so it should be.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭mistersifter

20 bottles of Hop House for 18 euro in Tesco - picked up two today ( 2.73 per litre I think)

18 bottles of corona for 20 euro.

20 bottles of molson for 15 euro

Edit: also picked up a 70cl bottle of Baileys for 10 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭mossy464

Roe and Coe 25 in Tesco.

That's a good price for this right?

https://m.tesco.ie/mt/www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=298936780

• Registered Users Posts: 27,880 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

mossy464 wrote: »
    Roe and Coe 25 in Tesco.
    That's a good price for this right?
    https://m.tesco.ie/mt/www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=298936780

Yep usual rrp is 35e... defo worth trying a bottle at that price.
    Jameson set with glasses is 20e also, if you like branded glassware.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭testtech05

odyssey06 wrote: »
    Yep usual rrp is 35e... defo worth trying a bottle at that price.
    Jameson set with glasses is 20e also, if you like branded glassware.

Had a look in headford road shopping centre in Galway this evening, no sign of the set with the glasses in case anyone else is looking for them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

vicwatson wrote: »
    Lidl have 12 x 500mls cans Guinness (floating widget) for €15.00

They also have Baileys @ €10 - rude not to
    and
    Box of stella (330 ml) x 24 for €20.50 (0r a shade over 20 bucks) currently cooling in my beer fridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,367 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Tesco
    4AwaL05.png

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Frank_1969

Hennessy now @ €25 in Dunnes

Suoervalu
    60NXkZC.png

Aldi 24/11
    fQ4S107.png

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I was looking at lidl Christmas brochure and noticed that this selection beer box was supposed to be co Int in lidl but with all the specials bring affected cause of the restrictions, if anyone spots this box , please post here.

https://www.rsvplive.ie/life/lidl-selling-craft-beer-selection-22964987

Think it’s due in on 26th November, I think this is one of those products that will fly of the shelf.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

fulhamfan wrote: »
    Just back from Dunnes where Baileys is 10 and Hennessy is 28 but after vouchers Baileys is 8 and Hennessy is an unbelievable 22.40. I have never seen it so cheap and unlike some of the other shops, Lidl in particular and Tesco a bit of late, their is plenty of stock!!

Bacardi 1L €25 is a pretty decent price as well. 70cl beside it I think was around €22.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 peculiargroove

Yes, it's just as good as bacardi. Plus is mixes well for cocktails.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭cython

fin12 wrote: »
    I was looking at lidl Christmas brochure and noticed that this selection beer box was supposed to be co Int in lidl but with all the specials bring affected cause of the restrictions, if anyone spots this box , please post here.

https://www.rsvplive.ie/life/lidl-selling-craft-beer-selection-22964987

Think it’s due in on 26th November, I think this is one of those products that will fly of the shelf.

I'd expect that to proceed as normal to be honest, though it may be short lived, as you say. The specials that have been nixed have been those that are in the same vein as the areas cordoned off in other mixed retailers, while booze has been permitted to be sold throughout, so the rationale behind pulling some doesn't really apply to this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,824 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

kn wrote: »
    Bacardi 1L €25 is a pretty decent price as well. 70cl beside it I think was around €22.

700ml of bacardi is 17odd in super value

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Tastes differ but i definitely wouldnt agree with the as good as Bacardi claim. It is grand if you are going to be making sweet cocktails with it.
    It is certainly good value, particularly as Bacardi and Havana are rarely on special.

Tastes differ but i definitely wouldnt agree with the as good as Bacardi claim. It is grand if you are going to be making sweet cocktails with it.
    It is certainly good value, particularly as Bacardi and Havana are rarely on special.

I would be just buying rum to make pinna coladas so prob better of getting the cheaper version.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Bigmac1euro

fin12 wrote: »
    I would be just buying rum to make pinna coladas so prob better of getting the cheaper version.

I used that rum for pinna coladas and it worked out perfectly, was drinking them all summer.

I used that rum for pinna coladas and it worked out perfectly, was drinking them all summer.

Ha lol, they are delicious and make sure u play that cool pina colada song while drinking them, think that song is hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,616 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Anybody near the border, Sainsburys are having a 25% off sale on 6+ bottles wines & champagne.
    Ends 13th December so might get a trip up after 1st December.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭tallaghtfornia

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Anybody near the border, Sainsburys are having a 25% off sale on 6+ bottles wines & champagne.
    Ends 13th December so might get a trip up after 1st December.

Anyone know what the the ques are like to get in lately ? have not been up there since last Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Must give it a go then as an alternative to Bacardi.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 24 Farrell D

Hi folks anyone getting 470ml cans of Guinness or staying with the 500ml, any deals around?

Had a can of beamish the other day wasnt bad will try Murphy's out of the can and kilkenny drought next

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭FLOOPER

Farrell D wrote: »
    Hi folks anyone getting 470ml cans of Guinness or staying with the 500ml, any deals around?

Had a can of beamish the other day wasnt bad will try Murphy's out of the can and kilkenny drought next

Seems all the main retailers are doing 470 ml Guinness slabs for 24 now. No discernible difference in taste but the head isn’t as proud.

Lidl doing 8 cans Beamish 500ml for 10. Grand for a change.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement