Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What jobs have you planned for your camper

Options
  • 15-11-2018 11:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭

Seems this time of year I'm always fixing, fitting refitting or rejigging something on the van before the weather gets too cold. What are ypu guys planning?

Currently waiting on eberspacher standpipe for the diesel heater to finally plumb the diesel heater into the main tank.

Just took delivery of a stainless silencer to replace the 'around the world for sport' RHD ducato exhaust thats been blowing for a few months.

Planning to undersling the leisure batteries and charger while doing the exhaust to get back some room in the van.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,811 ✭✭✭Alkers

Replacing the material in the blinds and I've a complete overhaul of the cooling system planned for early in the new year .

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭autumnalcore

Simona1986 wrote: »
    Replacing the material in the blinds and I've a complete overhaul of the cooling system planned for early in the new year .
    Are they pleated blinds?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,811 ✭✭✭Alkers

Are they pleated blinds?

Roller blinds but they're translucent and I want to use blackout material instead

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Oil service before winter, fit a fan/s to blow air out of the fridge vents and a controller for the same in the van.
    Set up a dehumidifer.
    I have probably forgotten some stuff that I neglected to write down as I should have.

Simona1986 wrote: »
    Are they pleated blinds?

Roller blinds but they're translucent and I want to use blackout material instead
    B&Q blackout material is pretty decent one 6ft blind makes a lot of small ones.

Thought you might be using the schottis pleated blinds from ikea for cassette blinds, bit of a rigmarole to do.

• Advertisement

Standpipe for my eberspacher arrived from Russia whole package reeked of pickles for some reason, delivery guy was asking me what was in it. Russians must have dipped it in gherkins or somethingðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭jamesd

Going to fit the fiamma locks onto the rear storage doors and then try and change out the lock on the existing fiamma security 46 Handle on the main door as I never got a key for it.

Have a new 3 bike rack to fit onto the rear for next year and also interested in swapping the lights inside the camper all to led's.

Interested too in how to do a good clean of the water tank and piping to have it done for next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

I too am swapping out lights for LED replacements. I'm alos toying with the idea of hooking Lighting, Hot water and a few other controls into Alexa, Cos you know, I can.

I want to do Solar, too, I just haven't got a round to a solid parts list.

Side note: Italian wiring makes me sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,695 ✭✭✭CelticRambler

Just general repairs and maintenance here - all little the To-Do items that never got done because of never being at home to receive deliveries of the relevant bits and pieces (because I'm too stingy to pay exorbitant French prices)

I'd really love to repaint the whole exterior - 15 years of dedicated service has definitely taken the shine off the bodywork - but the reason I'm not on holiday this winter is because my "proper" house needs more R&M than the camper, so I've got to prioritise. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Moomat

Top of the list - get my licence renewed!

It's over 3.5t but I let that portion of my licence lapse as I haven't been behind the wheel of a truck in a long while.

Once that's done I'll get it to somewhere I can work on it and start getting through my to do list. This time, like every year, I've promised myself to have it ready for early season ('19) - perhaps this time will be the first :D

• Advertisement

Theres a time limit to reclaiming lapsed licence categories make sure to calltgem to find out.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Moomat

Theres a time limit to reclaiming lapsed licence categories make sure to calltgem to find out.

I think it's years. Mine is out a few months but as it runs for 5 years, I never even thought of it as the B licence still has a few years left on it.

I'm currently working on a dual input Electric/Solid Fuel wood burning stove.

468935.jpg

Proof of concept works.
    I'm going to develop an insulated magnetic coupling heating coil and a remotely housed control and driving unit.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭zambo

fitting a heat exchanger to the truma boiler to have hot water when i arrive and considering a water/air heat ex to warm back of van when driving.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Drain out, clean, and refill the water tanks.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

Getting my T25 ready for selling, as its no longer used enough to keep it,
    sadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭jamesd

jamesd wrote: »
    Going to fit the fiamma locks onto the rear storage doors and then try and change out the lock on the existing fiamma security 46 Handle on the main door as I never got a key for it.

Have a new 3 bike rack to fit onto the rear for next year and also interested in swapping the lights inside the camper all to led's.

Interested too in how to do a good clean of the water tank and piping to have it done for next year.

Started my jobs yesterday
    1 )Fitted a new 3 bike rack, the holes were already drilled but the wrong rack plates on the van so swapped over to the new ones and the holes matched up exactly so handy job.
    Do people leave the bike racks on the vans even if not transporting bikes ?

2) Fitted 2 fiamma security locks onto the rear storage area doors - bought a 3 pack so they would have the same keys.

3) Removed the type 46 fiamma security handle from the cabin door side , removed it's lock, cleaned it and put in a new lock barrel as I did not have a key for one that was in it.
    Working perfectly now, have ordered the top and lower plastic covers for this lock also now.

4) Main cabin door lock was giving issues, removed the full door lock and replaced the lock barrel and found the old barrel had a broken end on it so new one now locking perfectly.

Few more jobs to go:
    Change over 2 new rear tyres onto it.
    Check all brakes, no issues but will check when wheels are off.
    3 of the rear storage area locks (2 locks each side) are not working and the key does not match them so I am going to swap out the 4 locks and get 1 key to suit them all.
    Where would I get these locks - they are the compression type lock , or even barrels would do me, no brands or models on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Ordered a 5th gear selector kit from Germany for the Ducato.
    Lost 5th half way down France in August.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Ordered a 5th gear selector kit from Germany for the Ducato.
    Lost 5th half way down France in August.

They are replaceable without pulling the box are they not?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

CJhaughey wrote: »
    They are replaceable without pulling the box are they not?

Yes, just remove the end cover, and it's all there.
    As long as it's not anything further in!

• Advertisement
Advertisement