Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy "original" battery?

• 24-09-2018 11:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭

As the title says - I want to replace the battery in my 2015 Macbook Pro but can only find aftermarket batteries online. Is it possible to buy an original, and if so can anyone point me in the right direction?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Not possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭PaddyFagan

Apple will I believe - with no Apple Store here, I think Belfast is the best option - see here for prices https://support.apple.com/en-gb/mac/repair/service

There are authorised Apple Repair places here - but I couldn't find a listing easily - starting with apple.ie support section probably your best bet

Paddy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Greentree_uk

should be easily ordered through an Authorised service provider like Compu b

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Dr.Sanchez

PaddyFagan wrote: »
    Apple will I believe - with no Apple Store here, I think Belfast is the best option - see here for prices https://support.apple.com/en-gb/mac/repair/service

There are authorised Apple Repair places here - but I couldn't find a listing easily - starting with apple.ie support section probably your best bet

Paddy
    should be easily ordered through an Authorised service provider like Compu b

Yeah, I've had a look and there are a few authorised repair places around Dublin. However, I'm trying to avoid a situation where I bring it in for a battery replacement and they say it'll take a day or whatever when I know I could do it myself in 30 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Greentree_uk

Dr.Sanchez wrote: »
    Yeah, I've had a look and there are a few authorised repair places around Dublin. However, I'm trying to avoid a situation where I bring it in for a battery replacement and they say it'll take a day or whatever when I know I could do it myself in 30 mins.

Yeah not possible I’m afraid apple agreements don’t allow it, best u could do is to contact them and see if they have one in stock, unfortunately apples ordering sw makes it even hard to preorder a part without a diagnostic so they will need that too. Which means u may need to stop by at least to allow them to run that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭calum

Dr.Sanchez wrote: »
    Depending on exactly which 2015 model you have, even iFixit suggests it's potentially a 2hr (or more) job... I know they're usually a bit pessimistic, but having looked at what's involved, I think I'd rather just let somebody else do it if it was mine!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Dr.Sanchez

calum wrote: »
    Depending on exactly which 2015 model you have, even iFixit suggests it's potentially a 2hr (or more) job... I know they're usually a bit pessimistic, but having looked at what's involved, I think I'd rather just let somebody else do it if it was mine!

Run a length of thin string or wire underneath each battery cell in a back in forth motion (like sawing) and that will solve the glue problem pretty quickly.

Advertisement