Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apps for Mac

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,667 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Has anyone used Gifox? Any other gif recorder apps worth considering?

I'm also looking for a screenshot/capture app. Something similar to the Evernote helper that will sit in my menu bar and let me capture several screenshots at once.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,120 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Anyone looking to get rid of Evernote should check out Bear. New app for Mac and iOS. Free to download but you need a subscription for syncing and certain pro features, but it's very cheap: 1.50 a month or 16 for the year. And there's a trial. Supports Markdown and images. Beautiful interface.

MacStories has a good overview here.

I ditched Evernote a good while ago and have mostly been using Apple's Notes app, which is pretty good but I'm very impressed with Bear Notes.
    is one note not a no brainer to use? Microsoft even have a migration tool for it plus its free.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,667 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I tried OneNote but didn't like it. I can't remember the reasons why now. I think the interface, especially of the iOS app, put me off. Like Evernote it seemed targeted mostly at business users.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭DeconSheridan

Macs Fan Control Keeps the machine cooler under heavy usage..

EtreCheck Get under the hood of OSX

• Registered Users Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Hush Nag Blocker. Will block those annoying cookie acceptance pop-ups that appear on all websites and then reappear again if you revisit. Also works on Safari on iPhone and iPad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,033 ✭✭✭OU812

Subscriptions for this type of thing are ridiculous. The baked in notes is excellent for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭Doodah7

• Registered Users Posts: 6,033 ✭✭✭OU812

Apologies. I replied to another post but didn’t quote it

Advertisement