Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky HD channels list + common extras to add

• 21-10-2008 11:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭

Hi there,

I am getting Sky HD on Friday and I am very confused about what HD channels I will get as part of the "World" package with Sports and Movies mix.

I am particularly unsure about the following HD channels; BBC HD, ITV HD and CH4 HD, and whether or not I will get them as standard. Could someone please advise?? I would really like to know what HD channels I should have before the installer tries to leg it out the door!!

Also, I have looked a the sticky post about adding "Other" channels. But there seems to be a huge amount of them so was hoping that someone would post their reccomendations as to which ones are worth manually storing!! I presume that there is a lot of repeated content in these BBC variations for example.

NB: As its Sky HD im getting it is primarily HD channels that I am interested in, even if it is only partially HD.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
    George.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭joolsveer

I have Sky HD and I don't get Channel 4 or ITV HD. If I want to see BBC HD I have to go to Other Channels and cannot record it.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭GEO147

joolsveer wrote: »
    I have Sky HD and I don't get Channel 4 or ITV HD. If I want to see BBC HD I have to go to Other Channels and cannot record it.

So are you saying that you dont get CH4 or ITV HD at all, even through manual tune? Please elaborate!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,099 ✭✭✭John mac

GEO147 wrote: »
    So are you saying that you dont get CH4 or ITV HD at all, even through manual tune? Please elaborate!

yes these channels are not available on Irish Sky HD
    in fact ITVHD is not available on sky at all.(even in England)

John mac wrote: »
    in fact ITVHD is not available on sky at all.(even in England)

Ok thanks. So is there a definitave listing of what HD channels I will get as standard?

And then what can be manually tuned?

This is very confusing!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭tomslick

You can only get C4HD with an english FTV card but it is "free". Not much on it so it's not work the hassel. C4HD cannot be tuned because its symbol rate is 29000 and the sky box is locked to 27500 and 22000. ItvHD is tunable but nothing comes up as the codec is different to mpeg4 as sky use. There is even less on ItvHD.

Hope this helps.

redout wrote: »

This listing shows BBC DH and 4HD! Is this correct for Ireland or just for UK?

Thanks to everyone for the help but I must say that im still confused and unsure what I am paying for!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Pat Gleeson

Thanks to everyone for the help but I must say that im still confused and unsure what I am paying for!!

That list is for the UK only.

Here is the list for Ireland:

EPG No.

Entertainment
    170 Sky1 HD
    193 FX HD
    258 Sky Arts HD
    273 Luxe TV HD
    278 Sky Real Lives HD

Movies
    313 Sky Premiere HD
    314 Sky Screen 1 HD
    332 Sky Screen 2 HD
    334 Sky Comedy HD
    335 Sky Action HD
    336 Sky Family HD
    337 Sky Drama HD
    338 Sky Sci Fi / Horror HD
    339 Sky Modern Greats HD

Sport
    408 Sky Sports HD 1
    409 Sky Sports HD 2
    412 Eurosport HD
    450 Sky Sports HD 3
    452 Rush HD

Documentary
    536 Discovery HD
    543 National Geographic HD
    545 History HD

Box Office / Pay-Per View
    752 SBO HD 1
    753 SBO HD 2

If you have a Sky World sub, you will receive the above HD channels in your package, and BBC HD, once you've added it manually.

BBC HD has to be added manually, as it does not appear in the Irish EPG.

Channel 4HD cannot be added manually as it has a Symbol Rate that cannot be accesed manually on a Sky box.
    ITV HD is an interactive element on the ITV channel, and can't be accessed on a Sky or any other box, except a Freesat box.

More channels are on the way such as MTV HD (A mix of MTV HD and Nickelodeon HD), Crime and Investigation HD, and Biography HD.

Rumours abound about others: Sky News HD, and C4 HD for Ireland.

Hi Pat,

Thats exactly the type of reply I was looking for.

Thanks,
    George.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭revileandy

Anyone got the details for tuning in BBC HD?

Cheers

yes!

see stickies!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 ChingfordSpur

yes!

see stickies!!!!!!!!!

You took the time to reply to this, without helping the guy out! :confused:

see edit.

i told him where to look.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

You took the time to reply to this, without helping the guy out! :confused:

I saw him telling the poster where to look. Is that not helping?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 ASTRALSAT

hi try this site for tuning extra channels on your*********************. gives frequencies too,

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Shoie

see stickies!!!!!!!!!

Hi all

I too am trying to tune BBC HD using other channels on my Sky+ box and got the following from the stickies - 10.847 V, 22.0, 5/6 - however when I hit find channels BBC HD is not on the list, just Cambridge and Channel Islands. Has it been taken off or are there new setting?

Thanks

Advertisement