Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring 2020 - General Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,747 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Bucketing down all morning in Limerick City. Awful day, cold too...around 10c.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I almost hate to mention it but after a few days of computer says yes/no/yes/no it now says yes for a settled spell developing around the 17th onwards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Logan Roy

Dismal day in Cork, wet, extremely overcast, mild. Anything is better than this.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,131 ✭✭✭✭km79

Very very wet on south mayo
    Floods on roads again

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

GEFS 12z 5 day upper pressure forecast.

S1Y9ZZq.gif

Hopefully not another false dawn.

New Moon

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

we've had about 10 false runs over the past month, let's hope this one verifies because if it does, it is a definitely pattern change to something far dryer. A few dry days between lengthy periods of deluges does not in any way solve the saturation levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,054 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

The rain has eased off here in Castlebar. Very windy though , however its the mildest night in a while. 12 degrees.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭Darwin

Endless rain here in Laois, heaviest it has been all day. Local river has risen by over 1 metre since this morning and still rising.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,770 ✭✭✭appledrop

It's like the dry week never happened. Everywhere was starting to dry up but today's deluges were just unreal.

Surface water all over the roads + fields will be all flooded again.

When is it ever going to stop raining!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I've a pool of water in my lawn. I'm on a hill :(

North Kerry

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

appledrop wrote: »
    It's like the dry week never happened. Everywhere was starting to dry up but today's deluges were just unreal.

Surface water all over the roads + fields will be all flooded again.

When is it ever going to stop raining!

looks very unsettled up to about March 16th, after that there is a chance things may start to dry out. A very unsettled week to come and Thursday looks potentially wintry as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Rotten night.
    Meath

plenty of water logging is back here in Meath after yesterday's deluge. Rained close to 24 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,621 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Well it looks like the end to the near constant deluge could be in sight in about a weeks time; the jetstream tending to go north, which means an end to the conveyor belt of lows. It will be dry but we could end up with something a bit colder for the time of year.

Well it looks like the end to the near constant deluge could be in sight in about a weeks time; the jetstream tending to go north, which means an end to the conveyor belt of low. It will be dry but we could end up with something a bit colder for the time of year.

this has to be one of the longest and wettest zonal patterns we have ever had. Since 20th of September we have been hammered with rain and wind and very little alteration in temperatures. Probably no more than 11 or 12 dry days since then over a 6 month period!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭lolie

Lovely fresh evening out.
    Nice stretch in the evenings and great to hear the birds still mad singing at 7pm.

lolie wrote: »
    Lovely fresh evening out.
    Nice stretch in the evenings and great to hear the birds still mad singing at 7pm.

Nice moon also on the rise to the east now. Almost full.

Status Yellow - Snow/Ice warning for Donegal

Showers will turn increasingly wintry during Wednesday with a mix of hail, sleet and snow, leading to icy conditions on untreated surfaces. Some localised accumulations will occur.

Valid: 15:00 Wednesday 11/03/2020 to 08:00 Thursday 12/03/2020

Issued: 19:00 Tuesday 10/03/2020

• Registered Users Posts: 13,678 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Gonzo wrote: »
    this has to be one of the longest and wettest zonal patterns we have ever had. Since 20th of September we have been hammered with rain and wind and very little alteration in temperatures. Probably no more than 11 or 12 dry days since then over a 6 month period!

Worst stretch of bad weather by far that I can remember. Felt like a storm at times today. If this is to become the norm I need outta here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Worst stretch of bad weather by far that I can remember. Felt like a storm at times today. If this is to become the norm I need outta here!

Lanzarotte is your friend TM😎

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,678 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Lanzarotte is your friend TM��

I've a mate there who said it's going to be 26c tomorrow, the bastard.
    The icing on the cake of this weather is that we probably wont be allowed fly anywhere now for ages!

Lanzarotte is your friend TM😎

That's where I was hoping to escape to in a few weeks but who knows where we will be allowed go by then!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Hopefully you’ll get going we’re back out at Easter ourselves fingers crossed. I can’t tell you how good it is here. Actual proper nice weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,621 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Looking stormy and cold on thursday according to 12Z GFS

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

I've a mate there who said it's going to be 26c tomorrow, the bastard.
    The icing on the cake of this weather is that we probably wont be allowed fly anywhere now for ages!

I cracked back in January and booked a week in Spain, been craving some heat and sunshine for ages but looking increasingly likely we won't be able to go now, sickened :(

I cracked back in January and booked a week in Spain, been craving some heat and sunshine for ages but looking increasingly likely we won't be able to go now, sickened :(

I think all of us on this thread cracked + booked a sun holiday. The constant rain for 6mths has been too much.

I always go away in summer but about 6 years since I went away before that. Typical I picked the wrong year!

I still have a holiday in Spain during July, hopefully things will have settled down by then, not cancelling anything until I see how the next 3 months pans out.

Birdnuts wrote: »
    Looking stormy and cold on thursday according to 12Z GFS

Gerry Murphy on the forecast at 9.30 also said they are watching a small low and warnings may come into effect tomorrow.

On the plus side next week is looking much better with light winds and very little rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Wild wuthering wind and hard, heavy rain. The sounds a constant leitmotif, redolent of a world in turmoil.

At first light yesterday, a wander meandering along a lane here; battling the wind was invigorating and elemental.

Beat the rain home.

Everything out here is late; but yesterday saw a couple of daisies and the rose hedging and fuchsia are showing small hesitant buds.

Never before in my years here in Ireland have I needed to light fires in March. Needing to tail them off. But chilly indeed.

A day ahead to hunker down and stay home. Listening to the wildness outside, safe and snug.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Fab sunrise. Meath

Advertisement