Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
View Poll Results: Who Will The Dems pick in 2020
Harris 51 6.09%
Bernie 205 24.46%
Clinton 27 3.22%
Brooker 8 0.95%
Biden 352 42.00%
Gillbrand 6 0.72%
Oprah! 41 4.89%
Warren 85 10.14%
Klobuchar 7 0.84%
Michelle Obama 44 5.25%
Cuomo 12 1.43%
Voters: 838. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Closed  

18-09-2020, 21:20   #6436
Timberrrrrrrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by everlast75 View Post
Out with somebody else's chequebook. The only way he solves his problems...

https://twitter.com/CNNPolitics/stat...384555526?s=19

Too little to late, given his disgusting remarks previously?

Or will this win voters over?
I suppose throwing Billions of dollars at them is better than throwing paper towels like he did before.
Advertisement
18-09-2020, 21:30   #6437
TomOnBoard

Michael Moore, who called Trump's victory more or less right, is saying that the Biden campaign in his home state of Michigan is even poorer than Hillary's was in 2016. Trump squeaked through in Michigan. Moore claims that there is little campaign presence on the ground and an almost total failure to engage with black and hispanic voters with most of the limited obvious attention being paid to try and take votes from Trump by focusing on Republican leaning undecideds.
18-09-2020, 21:52   #6438
Water John

Biden speaking ATM in Minnesota, quite impressive.
(2) thanks from:
18-09-2020, 23:21   #6439
Gbear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomOnBoard View Post
Michael Moore, who called Trump's victory more or less right, is saying that the Biden campaign in his home state of Michigan is even poorer than Hillary's was in 2016. Trump squeaked through in Michigan. Moore claims that there is little campaign presence on the ground and an almost total failure to engage with black and hispanic voters with most of the limited obvious attention being paid to try and take votes from Trump by focusing on Republican leaning undecideds.
Is that maybe down to the whole plague thing going on?
Thanks from:
19-09-2020, 07:12   #6440
everlast75

RBG has passed away. R.I.P.

Now, you understand McConnell's standing on appointing a SC judge? Merrick Garland?

Well, not anymore!

https://twitter.com/ESCochrane/statu...230022156?s=19

Trump's only chance of winning imho is via the courts, so they'll try cram another one through.
Advertisement
19-09-2020, 07:22   #6441
Brian?

Send a message via MSN to Brian?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomOnBoard View Post
In fairness Moore is a doom monger, he was right about Trump but only because he kept predicting the worst.

I refuse to believe that the Dems wouldn't learn something from 2016. They're spending big where it needs to be spent. If they can flip Florida, Trump is done. Michigan can't save him.
19-09-2020, 09:13   #6442
StringerBell

Is there any chance that McConnell ramming through the federalist society's next judge will be the act that seals their doom in the White House and the senate?

Obviously the base will be happy I don't mean it will turn anyone but it may be an appalling enough act of hypocrisy and callousness so close to the election that it has an impact on any remaining fence sitters etc?

You can expect nothing from a pig other than a grunt so the nomination process will only go one way, this opportunity is too big for them to turn down but surely, surely this time there will be repercussions for how truly disgusting their behaviour is?

Maybe I'm being too naive.
19-09-2020, 09:17   #6443
Igotadose

Quote:
Originally Posted by StringerBell View Post
Is there any chance that McConnell ramming through the federalist society's next judge will be the act that seals their doom in the White House and the senate?

Obviously the base will be happy I don't mean it will turn anyone but it may be an appalling enough act of hypocrisy and callousness so close to the election that it has an impact on any remaining fence sitters etc?

You can expect nothing from a pig other than a grunt so the nomination process will only go one way, this opportunity is too big for them to turn down but surely, surely this time there will be repercussions for how truly disgusting their behaviour is?

Maybe I'm being too naive.
Very good chance. There's a list of names out there already (read this on some RW rag this a.m.) Moscow Mitch has already released a statement that they would.
19-09-2020, 09:33   #6444
StringerBell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igotadose View Post
Very good chance. There's a list of names out there already (read this on some RW rag this a.m.) Moscow Mitch has already released a statement that they would.
No I know he will, sorry you must have misunderstood the post. Without doubt he is going to fill that position, or at least he will be desperately trying, if you re read the post you'll see I'm asking what effect that might have on the election.
Advertisement
19-09-2020, 09:49   #6445
duploelabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by StringerBell View Post
No I know he will, sorry you must have misunderstood the post. Without doubt he is going to fill that position, or at least he will be desperately trying, if you re read the post you'll see I'm asking what effect that might have on the election.
Pretty sh!tty thing to do, considering her dying wish was not to be replaced until the new president is elected

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...e-b490603.html
19-09-2020, 09:50   #6446
Igotadose

Aha my bad. Sorry didn't understand it, somewhat out of sorts this a.m. on the news hearing from friends&family in the US.
You raise a good point - why bother vote if this position is filled, if you're an evangelical? I guess the argument is the federal judges need to be converted, too, so there's always more 'work' to do.

I don't think the #IMPOTUS is fool enough (though, you never know) to NOT nominate an SC judge, using the 'vote me in or you're out of luck' argument. He will nominate someone.
19-09-2020, 10:33   #6447
Shelga

Quote:
Originally Posted by duploelabs View Post
Pretty sh!tty thing to do, considering her dying wish was not to be replaced until the new president is elected

Her dying wish is all well and good, but what does the law actually say? Haven’t seen anything about whether Trump is legally able to replace her before the election or not.
Thanks from:
19-09-2020, 10:40   #6448
StringerBell

Quote:
Originally Posted by duploelabs View Post

Mitch Mconnell.
Thanks from:
19-09-2020, 10:43   #6449
Igotadose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelga View Post
Her dying wish is all well and good, but what does the law actually say? Haven’t seen anything about whether Trump is legally able to replace her before the election or not.
He can replace her up to the inauguration day next year (assuming he doesn't win.) Can be replaced whenever the Senate is in session to vote on it. He just nominates someone, can do that as early as today and you can be sure there's a list of names. Probably won't happen before next week, he'll want to make hay with the name.
19-09-2020, 10:44   #6450
StringerBell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelga View Post
Legally? of course he can fill her seat, and he will try. Not really him though, this is one of the scenarios that trump gets credit/blamed for when its actually very little to do with him.

The Federalist Society, hell Mcabe apparently have pretty much solely selected his picks (not just Supreme Court, all his judicial appointments), trump according to reports wanted to nominate Rudy Giuliani and other similarly bat**** crazy suggestions.

The Christian fundamentalists will not let this opportunity to take control of the legal branch completely slip by them without a big fight.
Thread Closed