Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
View Poll Results: Who Will The Dems pick in 2020
Harris 51 6.09%
Bernie 205 24.46%
Clinton 27 3.22%
Brooker 8 0.95%
Biden 352 42.00%
Gillbrand 6 0.72%
Oprah! 41 4.89%
Warren 85 10.14%
Klobuchar 7 0.84%
Michelle Obama 44 5.25%
Cuomo 12 1.43%
Voters: 838. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Closed  

17-09-2020, 23:14   #6421
Water John

If Trump wins and the Dems turn the Senate, things would get really interesting. Highly unlikely as it seems Trump is dragging down the rest of the ballot.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
17-09-2020, 23:53   #6422
TomOnBoard

James Comey (remember him?) is due to testify before Graham's Senate Judiciary Committee on Sept 30.

I'm not so sure its a wise move for Graham to have him in just weeks before the Election. Like, Jimmy Boy has a bit of a history of doing things that affect elections... Just sayin'...

Maybe Redemption is on Jimmy's mind???

Last edited by TomOnBoard; 18-09-2020 at 00:52.
Thanks from:
17-09-2020, 23:55   #6423
TomOnBoard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Water John View Post
If Trump wins and the Dems turn the Senate, things would get really interesting. Highly unlikely as it seems Trump is dragging down the rest of the ballot.
Look upon that as Plan C... If Trump wins and Dems take the Senate and retain the House, Impeachment No. 2 by August 2021.
(2) thanks from:
18-09-2020, 00:36   #6424
StringerBell

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbusesToilets View Post
It's incredible McConnell persists, one of the most insincere and odious individuals I've ever come across in politics. His wife is a crook too, up to her nose in self enrichment schemes.
This is a rare occasion (in politics at least) where I am in total agreement with you on both counts.

He persists the same reason most do I guess, power and greed. I give the devil his due, but when he is gone everyone will be better off.
Thanks from:
18-09-2020, 06:25   #6425
Overheal
Covfefe Connoisseur

Send a message via ICQ to Overheal Send a message via Skype™ to Overheal
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbusesToilets View Post
It's incredible McConnell persists, one of the most insincere and odious individuals I've ever come across in politics. His wife is a crook too, up to her nose in self enrichment schemes.
Amen!
Advertisement
18-09-2020, 06:45   #6426

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itssoeasy View Post
Susan Collins is done. She stood up for trump and she in all likelihood will feel the political consequences of that but so should all the rest. It looks like Mitch McConnell is opening up a lead of his challenger but Lindsay Graham is in a tight race in South Carolina.
I wonder will this make the republicans think twice about going for a new Trump in the future. I think it really hurts them in Congress. It makes winning blue states nearly impossible and winning light red states much harder.

Susan Collins had nowhere to go. Attacking Trump would have lost her the race as his base would abandon her and not ditching him makes it impossible to pick up light blues and even some light reds.
18-09-2020, 07:51   #6427
duploelabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomOnBoard View Post
Look upon that as Plan C... If Trump wins and Dems take the Senate and retain the House, Impeachment No. 2 by August 2021.
Impeachment 2: Electric boogaloo.

Seriously though, losing the senate along with a Dem house would mean curtains for Trump. Can't magine what charade might happen if that were to happen
18-09-2020, 08:36   #6428
Quin_Dub

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomOnBoard View Post
James Comey (remember him?) is due to testify before Graham's Senate Judiciary Committee on Sept 30.

I'm not so sure its a wise move for Graham to have him in just weeks before the Election. Like, Jimmy Boy has a bit of a history of doing things that affect elections... Just sayin'...

Maybe Redemption is on Jimmy's mind???
That is the day after the 1st debate - Clearly an attempt to shift the news narrative on the day after the debate.

It might or might not work.

No doubt it will provide Fox with a few "clips" of some GOP Senator launching some diatribe about the "Witchhunt".

But as you say will be interesting if Comey decides that the gloves are off and just goes for it.
Thanks from:
18-09-2020, 08:53   #6429
StringerBell

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5GMadeMeDoIt View Post
I wonder will this make the republicans think twice about going for a new Trump in the future. I think it really hurts them in Congress. It makes winning blue states nearly impossible and winning light red states much harder.

Susan Collins had nowhere to go. Attacking Trump would have lost her the race as his base would abandon her and not ditching him makes it impossible to pick up light blues and even some light reds.
Nah the benefits to them putting forward a competent politician who can act trumpian for the base far outweigh the costs, control of the SC and jurisprudence for multiple generations for one thing.
Advertisement
18-09-2020, 09:11   #6430

Quote:
Originally Posted by StringerBell View Post
Nah the benefits to them putting forward a competent politician who can act trumpian for the base far outweigh the costs, control of the SC and jurisprudence for multiple generations for one thing.
I've heard a few people say that the danger is what happens when the GOP find a 'competent' Trump. Surely a very large component of what makes Trump what he is, IS his incompetence. His stupidity is an essential ingredient in his makeup. It lets him get away with what he gets away with because it is pretty much impossible to engage him on any sort of intellectual level. Once a politician engages on an intellectual level, they are there for the taking.

Short of finding someone smart who is able to act like Trump 100% of the time without breaking character, 'Competent Trump' is an oxymoron.
18-09-2020, 09:17   #6431
StringerBell

All they have to do is follow the blueprint of how he carries on publicly, and for his audience and tweak it so that he can actually make deals behind the scenes. Have an actual plan that goes beyond "will I look good here, was I strong?" "Is it ever enough orange make-up?"

A competent politician playing the role of the idiot is well within their ability. Look at Boris.
18-09-2020, 12:12   #6432
correct horse battery staple

https://www.axios.com/fbi-director-r...5d16dc918.html

In the meantime we have the FBI director confirming a
Quote:
"very active efforts by the Russians to influence our election in 2020," primarily to "denigrate Vice President Biden and what the Russians see as kind of an anti-Russian establishment."
Politically its going to be very interesting to see in which fashion will Trump come down on him now, he cant be too harsh as that sort blows his "law and order" message out of the water (tho its already sinking due to all the holes in the hull)
Thanks from:
18-09-2020, 12:17   #6433
Igotadose

Quote:
Originally Posted by correct horse battery staple View Post

Politically its going to be very interesting to see in which fashion will Trump come down on him now, he cant be too harsh as that sort blows his "law and order" message out of the water (tho its already sinking due to all the holes in the hull)
This one's easy. They'll do nothing. Some noise and bluster and I'm sure an investigation scheduled for late November/December if anyone bothers to look.
18-09-2020, 12:43   #6434
Quin_Dub

Quote:
Originally Posted by correct horse battery staple View Post

He's already tweeted trying to claim that China is the bigger threat because of mail-in voting blah blah blah

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...49921173762049

And as you can see , Tweeter have his it with a "Learn how Mail-in voting is safe and secure" warning.
18-09-2020, 21:14   #6435
everlast75

Out with somebody else's chequebook. The only way he solves his problems...

https://twitter.com/CNNPolitics/stat...384555526?s=19

Too little to late, given his disgusting remarks previously?

Or will this win voters over?
Thread Closed