Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

01-12-2018, 23:57   #781
Raoul

I picked up Spencer Ware the other day. Could be a difference maker for the Oriels!
Advertisement
04-12-2018, 09:07   #782
Johnny_Fontane

Well done to all those who made the playoffs.

Fourth & Forever and Sin City automatically get promoted to the Premier league.

I managed to somehow conspire to miss the playoffs even though I won. Had been fifth going in before this week and here I am today missing out on the last spot! Outscored the whole league by 130 points, but hey that fantasy.

Best of luck to all in the playoffs.
(3) thanks from:
04-12-2018, 09:20   #783
Blured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny_Fontane View Post
Well done to all those who made the playoffs.

Fourth & Forever and Sin City automatically get promoted to the Premier league.

I managed to somehow conspire to miss the playoffs even though I won. Had been fifth going in before this week and here I am today missing out on the last spot! Outscored the whole league by 130 points, but hey that fantasy.

Best of luck to all in the playoffs.
Very unlucky, top scorer in the league and missing the playoffs is tough.

Looking forward to renewing my divisional rivalry with Spongey Hates Flex
04-12-2018, 23:50   #784
Coeus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blured View Post
Very unlucky, top scorer in the league and missing the playoffs is tough.
Yes very unlucky.

I had my worst week of the year (missing Trubisky and Gordon and then McCoy breaking his leg) but got lucky to come out on the right side of the season tiebreakers and points for by 1 point over Oriels to get the bye this week. Hopefully my guys are back after the bye week so my team is competitive again.
05-12-2018, 10:18   #785
Raoul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coeus View Post
Yes very unlucky.

I had my worst week of the year (missing Trubisky and Gordon and then McCoy breaking his leg) but got lucky to come out on the right side of the season tiebreakers and points for by 1 point over Oriels to get the bye this week. Hopefully my guys are back after the bye week so my team is competitive again.
I hadn't even realised it was so close! 1 point!!
Advertisement
05-12-2018, 15:04   #786
Spongey1975

Quote:
Looking forward to renewing my divisional rivalry with Spongey Hates Flex
Wouldnt call it a rivalry if i havent won a game against you Funny thing i've made the playoffs in 3 of my leagues this year and each one im playing the WC match against an opponent who's beaten me in the last 2 weeks of the season. Revenge is coming

That K***** *unt fella rightly screwed me up at the wrong time but still in the mix
05-12-2018, 15:16   #787
LuckyLloyd
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny_Fontane View Post
It's not fantasy at all actually. Most mature leagues use points for as tiebreaker. It's much fairer than other options.
05-12-2018, 18:08   #788
adrian522

Disagree, Fantasy football is a week to week game and its about wins and losses and not total points over the season, same as the real game.
Thanks from:
05-12-2018, 18:17   #789
LuckyLloyd
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian522 View Post
Disagree, Fantasy football is a week to week game and its about wins and losses and not total points over the season, same as the real game.
You can’t play defense in fantasy though. Moreover, at the end of the year when teams are tied in the week to week system it is clearly better to split them by the better measure of skill.

In the real NFL there is a skill to preparing for familiar divisional opponents of course, and biasing tie breakers on that basis but it doesn’t stack up in fantasy. The manager putting up more points over the season has put together a better roster / made superior start / sit decisions and has demonstrated more skill over the course of the year. They deserve to progress where win / loss is tied.

We can vote on it over the summer anyway.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
06-12-2018, 16:29   #790
Spongey1975

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian522 View Post
I agree completely. Fantasy is a week to week game. You can finish with the second highest score in a week and lose and finish with the second lowest score in a week and win. Thats not fair but its fantasy. I would call it unfair to know that you have beaten someone and they take your playoff spot because they were lucky to avoid injuries all season (not saying Blacque only got highest score cos of no injuries). Luck plays a huge part in fantasy and in my eyes makes it more enjoyable and i say this as the guy with the second highest score of the league.

I was flying it in first place and confident of getting back to the Premier and then my starting RBs decided to get injured and suspended and now in real danger of a Wild card exit. I dont call it unfair, i call it unlucky and wouldnt have it any other way
06-12-2018, 17:41   #791
Johnny_Fontane

I suppose one of the issues, is that in a 16 team league you don't get to play everybody and that was part of my downfall. In this case where I somehow fell out of the playoff positions after winning, about 30 things had to happen for me to be knocked out and its just hard luck.
07-12-2018, 08:18   #792
Blured

Wow, Henry outscores Fornette 47 to 4, not a great for me
07-12-2018, 09:36   #793
Spongey1975

Quote:
Wow, Henry outscores Fornette 47 to 4, not a great for me
Cant believe i made the call to slot Henry into my lineup yesterday. Now i just need the rest of my guys to not f**k it up (quality coaching advice to my team )
Thanks from:
07-12-2018, 09:55   #794
adrian522

Flex not looking too bad now
Thanks from:
07-12-2018, 18:00   #795
Spongey1975

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian522
Flex not looking too bad now

Still hate the flex, will never like it but will use it while it's a rule

Quick Reply