Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

14-11-2011, 10:28   #46
Dodge

The pre-Monday Night Football State of Play

Inchicore Warriors will be expected to overtake the Lucan Liverbirds this evening. Currently 10.46 behind, they have Rodgers and Finley tonight for GB while the Liverbirds are finished

Stompers need 2 points from the Packers D to overcome Bobo’s Clowns

In a battle of 6-3 teams, Dolfans need 24.3 from Adrian Peterson to overtake Dundalk Oriels. Could be very close as these battle for division lead

Spawn of Spongey need 5.9 from Jordy Nelson to overtake The Ironsides and claim top spot in their division

The Dublin Blades have almost sealed victory over The Wildcats who are 68 behind with only Greg Jennings left

Likewise Super Best Friends are done but have a 49 point lead over New York Rebels with only Ryan Grant to come

Muppeteers have beaten Cork Eagles. They’re 7 ahead with Percy Harvin to come while the Eagles have finished

And in the only game that is actual finished, Packer Wackers have beaten Mehtastic by 43 points, reaching .500 and solifying his Division lead
Advertisement
14-11-2011, 15:50   #47
Frisbee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
The Dublin Blades have almost sealed victory over The Wildcats who are 68 behind with only Greg Jennings left
I have faith in you Greg!!
15-11-2011, 09:49   #48
Spongey1975

Current playoff standings with 4 weeks to go

1 (1) Inchicore Warriors (9-1)
2 (6) Spawn of Spongey (7-3)
3 (NE) Dundalk Oriels (7-3)
4 (4) Packer Whackers (5-5)
5 (5) Stompers (7-3)
6 (2) Cork Eagles (6-4)

in the hunt....Dolfans (6-4), The Ironsides (5-5), Dublin Blades (5-5), Super Best Friends (5-5), Muppeteers (4-6)

3 weeks to go and it looks like Inchicore are almost certain of their playoff place, the next step for him will be to secure the first round bye and automatic promotion to the premier. After that its really tight for the rest of the playoff spots with 5 teams currently outside the playoff spots within one game of the playoff positions
15-11-2011, 10:02   #49
raddo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
In a battle of 6-3 teams, Dolfans need 24.3 from Adrian Peterson to overtake Dundalk Oriels. Could be very close as these battle for division lead
Adrian couldn't drag Dolfans over the line this week, but ultimately it was Cam Newton's low numbers that cost me dearly.
15-11-2011, 14:12   #50
D3PO

Things really hotting up. My last 3 games are all agains tteams vying for the playoffs but Larr.

Larry Fitz and Brandon Llyod are both getting hot at the right time and my opponents have been hit a little

Dundalk will be without Aerian Foster this week which might give me the edge, and last game of the year v Stomper now means I face a side without their QB in Matt Schaub and thankfully he has jack all to back him up.

Mightdo a greenbay sneaking in at the end and winnign it all
Advertisement
16-11-2011, 13:15   #51
Itssoeasy

I've hit a wall the great start I had is now proving to be a god send as ive only won one of the last four(I think) having gone perfect for the first five, six weeks.
16-11-2011, 15:32   #52
Frisbee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itssoeasy View Post
I've hit a wall the great start I had is now proving to be a god send as ive only won one of the last four(I think) having gone perfect for the first five, six weeks.
I couldn't buy a win at this stage. The loss of Kenny Britt so early killed me as my WR is pretty poor (Jennings aside). Coupled with the fact at how much of a let down Flacco has been it looks like I'll be saying hello to Division 2 next year
22-11-2011, 09:54   #53
Spongey1975

Current playoff standings with 2 weeks to go

1 (1) Inchicore Warriors (10-1)
2 (2) Spawn of Spongey (8-3)
3 (NE) Dolfans (7-4)
4 (4) Packer Whackers (5-6)
5 (6) Cork Eagles (7-4)
6 (5) Stompers (7-4)

Playoff/Relegation battle
Subdivision 1
Inchicore Warriors has already secured the win in this group and with it a first round bye and promotion to the Premier League. Behind him Stompers is currently in one of the wildcard spots at 7-4. Lucan Liverbirds at 5-6 has an unlikely mathematical chance of making the playoffs but is only one game above the current relegation mark of 4-7. Mehtastic is currently in the relegation zone in 13th place with 4-7.

Subdivision 2
This group reminds us of last years NFC West. Packer Whackers are currently in the lead with a below par record of 5-6. Only the group winners here will get into the playoffs and the Muppeteers at 4-7 are in a position to challenge for that playoff spot. The Wildcats are currently in 14th place at 3-8 and in the relegation zone but amazingly is still in with a mathematical chance of winning the group and snatching that playoff spot. New York Rebels lie in 15th place at 2-9 and whilst still in with a chance of avoiding relegation he will need to win both remaining games and hope for other results to go his way.

Subdivision 3
A three way battle in this group has Dolfans currently leading the group at 7-4 on points scored. Dundalk Oriels lie in second place in the group at 7-4 and is currently one place outside the wildcard spots on points scored. The Ironsides lie one game further back at 6-5 and are still in with a chance of making the playoffs. One thing for certain is that Bobo's Clowns will be removed from the Boards league for inactivity. He currently lies in 16th spot at 2-9

Subdivision 4
Spawn of Spongey currently leads the group at 8-3 and is the current No. 2 seed in the playoffs. Long time leaders of the group Cork Eagles are a game back at 7-4 and are currently in one of the wildcard spots. Dublin Blades at 6-5 are also in with a chance of the playoffs. Super Best Friends at 5-6 whilst still in with a mathematical chance of grabbing a wildcard spot should look over its shoulder at the relegation battle as well.

Two weeks to go and all to play for
(3) thanks from:
22-11-2011, 10:22   #54
raddo

What's the story with the playoffs??
Not counting my Dolfans chickens as yet but how does it work?
Do players on teams that are not involved become FA's or are they just forgotten about?
Advertisement
22-11-2011, 10:32   #55
Dodge

Quote:
Originally Posted by raddo View Post
Do players on teams that are not involved become FA's or are they just forgotten about?
No, the players are locked into those teams. Some leagues have a consolotion bracket to keep players involved
22-11-2011, 11:05   #56
Spongey1975

Quote:
Originally Posted by raddo View Post
Players stay on the teams they are on now and dont become FAs unless the owner drops them. The trade deadline as well is Friday 25th November.
Thanks from:
22-11-2011, 11:19   #57
Frisbee

Just one more win!

Just ONE!

It's not too much to ask for
22-11-2011, 12:08   #58
D3PO

really hotting up for me now.

Defeated one playoff potential team in Dundalk Oriels last week, and face two teams in the current playoff spots in the last two Dolfans then Stompers.

So my chances of making the playoffs are severly diminished. Hopefully I can make it but I think I will be looking back at this season and thinking that Win that got taken away from me with a stat correction and losing to the inactive Bobos clowns before the bye weeks kicked in and when he actually had a full team stoped my chances of glory.

hopefully Im wrong though.
28-11-2011, 08:36   #59
Raoul

Can't believe I got beat this week, Dundalk oriels. I had the second top score. Came up against Tom Brady and green Ellis and helu. Going to have a lot to do to get to the playoffs now.
28-11-2011, 12:02   #60
D3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raoul View Post
Can't believe I got beat this week, Dundalk oriels. I had the second top score. Came up against Tom Brady and green Ellis and helu. Going to have a lot to do to get to the playoffs now.

i should beat your divisional rival Dolfans though (despite doing my best to lose) so you will still be level with Ironsides i suspect going into the last game a win and a defeat for them and your in.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion