Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Rule changes for 2020?

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,493 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I can't believe we are moving to ppr. We already have a ppr league.
    This shouldn't have even been up for discussion.
    It was started as a standard scoring league and should be left as such. People looking for angles where they feel they might be better is what's going on here.
    It's easy to set up a new ppr league, a boards one with divisions. Why was there even a discussion on the scoring format?
    This league has been going a long time. Gotta have a bit of respect for those who set it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,151 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Didn’t even know there was a vote and I think I posted in this thread. Ha

Shame that PPR is in (and it’s my preferred format - just liked this one being different)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Cheers for organising as always Adrian

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

eagle eye wrote: »
    It was started as a standard scoring league and should be left as such. People looking for angles where they feel they might be better is what's going on here.
    It's easy to set up a new ppr league, a boards one with divisions. Why was there even a discussion on the scoring format?
    This league has been going a long time. Gotta have a bit of respect for those who set it up.

The way this league works is decided by the users, if the majority want to change then we will change.

It's a bit late to be saying this shouldn't have been up for discussion now. This thread has been open since November, giving everyone a chance to have their say and make their arguments etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,099 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Thanks for organising Adrian, great changes - looking forward to the year ahead.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

eagle eye wrote: »

The way this league works is decided by the users, if the majority want to change then we will change.

It's a bit late to be saying this shouldn't have been up for discussion now. This thread has been open since November, giving everyone a chance to have their say and make their arguments etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,032 ✭✭✭Guffy

adrian522 wrote: »

Tbf to eagle, this is something he said repeatedly also pointing out there was already a ppr league on the forum

adrian522 wrote:

I've been saying it all along. Where was the poll? Who said we were having a vote on it?

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058053908

You were one of the people that voted, you were also one of the people to suggest an item to be voted on.

Can we have a vote on n changing the waiver wire?
    I feel it should be reset every week to worst gets first.
    It's very unfair that a guy who gets no injuries can stay on top until a juicy player comes on the waiver wire. It's just helping those who are having a good season to get even better.
    If you were unlucky enough to lose two early picks to injury early on your season is basically over. If it reset you'd have a chance to get competitive again.

• Advertisement

You mean for next season or for this season?

I think it's too late for this season personally, We had a thread open for 6 months for suggestions on rule changes and this wasn't mentioned. Furthermore we voted on this in 2018, when the results were as follows:

Move to Free agent Budget - 12.68%
    Move to bottom of the list after you pick - 59.15%
    Order should reset every week - 28.17%

Has opinions changed that much in the 2 seasons since?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,151 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Way too late for any more votes IMO

Should only be done at the end of the season and once it hits August, every thing should be final

adrian522 wrote:
    Has opinions changed that much in the 2 seasons since?
    I think all.these other changes like flex and now ppr would affect it greatly.

Advertisement