Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Strangers calling you 'my friend'?

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Try as a Dub, meeting someone from Cork who refers to you as 'girl' when you are a fully grown woman & have never met someone from Cork before:pac:

People in various places still do this to me in my 70s

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3 Sean McNamara

I hate when you go to a more causal restaurant in Ireland or the UK and the waiter/waitress calls you 'mate' or tells you to 'come this way folks'. It's far too relaxed for its own good, and I will often pull them up on it, or simply not leave a tip. Sir and Madam is the only way a waiter/waitress should refer to a customer.
    Does it get awkward when you call them up on it? To they often take it well?

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭COVID

Try as a Dub, meeting someone from Cork who refers to you as 'girl' when you are a fully grown woman & have never met someone from Cork before:pac:

I'm a fully grown man, and Corkonions call me 'boy', I like it!

How do you get to be a fully grown Dublin woman without meeting someone from Cork?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 arex93

My friend, love, girl.... Its fine. But pet or chicken is strange. I've heard a few times and I knew that it was not in a bad way - I hope - but like... Calling me chicken... Really?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

Augeo wrote: »
    How do you get to be a fully grown Dublin woman without meeting someone from Cork?

By avoiding going anywhere near Cork!:D

Advertisement