Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ryanair and Eir voted the worst for customer service during Covid crisis - Agree?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Eir are permanently the worst. Surely the massive fall off of customers (including myself) hasn't been worth outsourcing their customer service to India.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

I was always a die hard Ryanair fan until I had to process my refund thus year.

Now I hate them, and they'll be my choice of last resort.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

Eir are permanently the worst. Surely the massive fall off of customers (including myself) hasn't been worth outsourcing their customer service to India.

Have they? I had a big debacle with them earlier this year and it was pretty much all Irish people dealing with me.

In any case, terrible customer service, very little to do with the people on the phones but moreso to do with the infrastructure and processes Eir have in place i believe.

Would also agree with Bank of Ireland. Extremely poor service most of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭veryangryman

Fastway Couriers are sh1te of the most scuttery brown colour. If youve used them, youll know

• Registered Users Posts: 5,462 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Vodafone are the worst I have ever dealt with by a country mile, it was genuinely astounding how many times they consistently did the exact opposite of what they promised. Have had bad experiences with Three too but not quite as bad. In general phone/broadband providers seem to offer shocking customer service - you'd think that at least one of them would realise this as it would not take much to have a real advantage over your competitors.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭wally1990

My sister works in eir and is WFH and I hear some of ****e she deals with due to Co workers (**not saying she doesn't make mistakes but this is what I hear /see)

Customers ringing up after being hung up on /disconnected,
    Clients being told ring X department to resolve Y query which is completely incorrect and they can't Transfer calls to certain departments (how F**King stupid IMO)
    Her work internal email address being handed out to Customers (big no no)
    Fake names being given by Co workers (based on why customers have said)
    Customers claiming they were told X to close the sale and billing is completely different
    Customers absolutely losing their all mighty reason(men) and shouting at her when they need something /external work outside of the standard done and there is a cost involved outside of the provision of mobile/broadband
    service(changes to the property let's say)
    Third party KN group damaging peoples property upon installation (roofs, walls etc) customer naturally contact EIR, awful phone calls obviously

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Eir

Waiting for half an hour

cut off

Waiting for 59 minutes

Cut off

Appalling

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

I was with meteor for years and then Eir took over. Never had problems with them until I bought a new phone online. Meteor used to be next day delivery but Eir was 2-3 days.

I waited a few days and no delivery. Waited a week or 2 and nothing.

Then I started to ring them. I spend an hour on hold, nothing, 2 hours on hold, nothing. After about 6 weeks I even rang them, went to do my weekly shop, got home and was still on hold for 3 hours, nothing. I then contacted my bank AIB and they sorted it out straight away, I got a refund.

A few days after my refund the phone suddenly appeared. I had already purchased the same phone with another network and had left Eir (it was prepay). I wrapped the phone up and posted it back to them explaining my displeasure, that I didn't want the phone and want nothing to do with the company again. The dopes refunded me again and I was up about €140 :pac:

If you have a problem with Eir, send them a letter in the post. It's much more effective.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,044 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Vodafone ain't much better if at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭redlead

I must be the only person in Ireland that has had nothing but a positive experience with Eir customer service. They've always sorted me out anytime I've had an issue.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

redlead wrote: »
    I must be the only person in Ireland that has had nothing but a positive experience with Eir customer service.

You literally are

They're a bunch of absolute cúnts

And I only use that word for the really "special" people

I see Peter Mark on the list. Didn’t they introduce some ridiculous pricing structure when hairdressers opened back up earlier in the year? Something about extra cost for root growth and a different cost if you’d home dyed?

Gardai making both lists. Now that's covering all the bases

• Registered Users Posts: 13,806 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I love when AGS get included in these things. The feedback will never be mainly positive because, well, they arrest people. No one is happy to be arrested, and most of the people they arrest think they're innocent and the big bad Garda is out to get them (completing ignoring the house they broke into, drugs they dealt, or person they glassed). Just a lose-lose situation really!

Luckily haven't had to contact anyone on that list.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

Eir.
    The worse customer service I've ever experienced.

How a company can employ such incompetenta is inexplicable. The only thing that keeps me with them is the lack of energy required to switch to a slightly less incompetent company.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,806 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I don't think it's the people of Eir who are the main issue. From what I've heard, the company is far from helpful for them, and basically doesn't give direction on certain things. Having worked in a number of call centres, I can see why they may drop calls, etc. Lying is different though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭rn

Eir is without doubt the worst I've dealt with, probably dealt with them on 12-15 occasions. I include my dealings with gomo in that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

My friend works for Ryanair & I've said to her, even before covid, that I would be fired after two weeks if I had to deal with their passengers! They can be so thick.

When the flights started back after the first lockdown, you would have people turning up without checking if there were any restrictions on the destination they were travelling to.

Then you have people pretending that they didn't know they needed a particular document to fly.
    She was boarding a flight & had one group with a passanger even pretending to be a captain, & that he didn't need any documents to fly:rolleyes:
    Captain & his buddies missed their flight that day.

Or that it was a requirement to wear a mask to go onboard, & even causing blue murder at being told they needed to buy a mask from the airport (I think they have machines that sell them all over the airport now).

The whole world was watching the news, & were online daily checking to see if things were getting back to normal. NOTHING was going back to being as it was before.
    People turning up without checking what was required first, have no one to blame but themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

I'd vote for Ryanair for the self-serving shamelessness of M O'L pretending he's an expert on public health during a pandemic. And screwing customers over refunds - to the point of flying intentionally empty planes - as much as possible.

Even Eir aren't quite as psychopathic as that.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,496 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

My friend works for Ryanair & I've said to her, even before covid, that I would be fired after two weeks if I had to deal with their passengers! They can be so thick.

Don't think that's specific to Ryanair passengers. I'm pretty sure I witnessed the following every time I've been waiting to go through security...

Security: "Any liquids in your bag"
    Passenger: "No"
    Security: *pulls out massive bottle of shampoo* "You can't bring this through"
    Passenger: "Oh, I didn't know that was liquid"

I'm not exactly well traveled, but I swear people's IQs drop the second they enter an airport

• Advertisement

When the flights started back after the first lockdown, you would have people turning up without checking if there were any restrictions on the destination they were travelling to.

Then you have people pretending that they didn't know they needed a particular document to fly.
    She was boarding a flight & had one group with a passanger even pretending to be a captain, & that he didn't need any documents to fly:rolleyes:
    Captain & his buddies missed their flight that day.

Or that it was a requirement to wear a mask to go onboard, & even causing blue murder at being told they needed to buy a mask from the airport (I think they have machines that sell them all over the airport now).

The whole world was watching the news, & were online daily checking to see if things were getting back to normal. NOTHING was going back to being as it was before.
    People turning up without checking what was required first, have no one to blame but themselves.

I agree with this to a point.

there is the other side, the rude staff, the annoying for the sake of being annoying, not showing any flexibility and still trying to sting people needlessly.

Planes are half full, they need customers and yet they still pounce on bags that are borderline. They still snap at people. They dont wear the masks themselves inside the airport even that is also a rule.

Allow me to tell a short story. Travelled with wife and 2 kids, 1 and 2 years of age. We had 2 checked bags and at the time, the carry on each. My wife broke her leg and in Dublin airport, she doesnt go through with you but on her own and meets you on the plane. I managed to squeeze all out belongings into 2 checked bags but it weighed 54km. Our allowance overall for the flight was 20kg + 20kg + 40kg carry on = 80kg. Would they allow me to proceed? nope, empty the bags. I asked politely, I tried reasoning with them that actually it was easier for them as well as the plane is full, nope. I tried begging that 2 very young kids and bags on my own was a real headache, nope.

So had to buy a bag to put the extras in and bring it with me. When we got on the plane, guess what? no ****ing room and it had to go in the hold! Now you tell me why that made sense? why they couldnt show some human compassion?

I don't think it's the people of Eir who are the main issue. From what I've heard, the company is far from helpful for them, and basically doesn't give direction on certain things. Having worked in a number of call centres, I can see why they may drop calls, etc. Lying is different though.

This. It's incredibly disingenuous to blame the people on the frontline when calling contact centres. The can only go by the processes that they have and don't have scope generally to go outside of them. Sure you will get through to better agents than others but in gereral the ineptness of a contact centre has little to do with frontline staff but moreso the company's structure and business model itself.

There is an incentive in Ryanair with staff getting bonuses for money collected for overweight bags & charging for bags even slightly oversized. My friend says she doesn't get involved in that, but that other staff climb over each other to deal with passengers that they see can be charged. Imagine.
    I worked there before, not with Ryanair though.

Not all airlines use the same system either.
    Some will allow you to pool your total weight together, but other airlines don't. Be careful with that.
    If you had a baggage allowance of
    20kg x 2 (checked bags)
    10kg x4 (carry on bags)
    Thats 80kg total.

But if you had
    30kg x 2 (checked bags)
    10kg x 2 (carry on bags)
    Again 80kg total,
    but once you enter in the two 30kg bags into each passengers checkin, the system(depending on who you are flying with) will register those bags as being overweight (over your 20kg allowance that you have paid for each).
    There is simply no way to override that unfortunately.

Totally understand the inconvenience of you having first, to buy another bag in the airport, then having to drag it around when you had kids with you too.
    Then having the bag not even going onboard with you in the end, when you feel it could have just been taken at checkin!

Some airline take carry on bags free at checkin. Others don't.
    Again, no way around it.
    If staff took that bag at checkin, the system will ask for a payment.
    If they took a carry on bag thinking it was ok(maybe new staff), well then the passanger wouldn't be able to be boarded at the gate because they would have an outstanding payment on their reservation.

When carry on bags are taken free of charge, & put into the hold at the gate, it is because yes the flight is full as they will announce, but also because they can see that not many checked bags have been taken at checkin.
    This is only known towards the end of checkin, minutes before a flight is due to start boarding.

Very few people travel with just a handbag, therefore that means that most people on that flight are expected, by staff & dispatch, to be travelling with carry on bags.
    & that there MIGHT not be enough space on board for all those cabin bags to fit. So the staff need to take a certain amount of carry on bags & put them into the hold.
    Sometimes passengers do end up unexpectedly travelling light, & that is where you get 'last time I was travelling, there was loads of space empty on board'. Staff are just trying to think of worst case scenario.

Cabin bags actually cause so much hassle for crew on board. They delay flights too(amongst other things obviously).
    Delayed flights cause more delayed flights believe it or not.
    Delayed flights cause airline fines.
    Delayed flights lead to passengers possibly missing their connecting flights.
    Staff writing out reports, changed gates last minute, stressed passengers, staff having to stay back after doing a long shift, sometimes having started at 3am.
    Nobody wants/likes delayed flights.

Side note, some carry on allowances can be 12kg, or as little as 8kg. Check with your airline.
    Maximum bag allowance in 32kg. No staff is (rightly) allowed lift anything over 32kg, no matter what allowance you have paid for.

Moral of the(long) story is, check with your airline before flying. Staff are just following the big boys rules

Degag wrote: »
    This. It's incredibly disingenuous to blame the people on the frontline when calling contact centres. The can only go by the processes that they have and don't have scope generally to go outside of them. Sure you will get through to better agents than others but in gereral the ineptness of a contact centre has little to do with frontline staff but moreso the company's structure and business model itself.

Who is blaming the individual? The company has been found to have terrible customer service. Thats accurate.

Who is blaming the individual? The company has been found to have terrible customer service. Thats accurate.

There have been a few comments in here calling the front end staff incompetent etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,883 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Fastway Couriers are sh1te of the most scuttery brown colour. If youve used them, youll know

I used them once to make a delivery. Never again. Kept me waiting all day and never answer the phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭cannotlogin

I don't think Ryan Air are too bad. They promise very little and that's exactly what you get. Don't use them where time is an issue or where I have to be somewhere that my luggage is 100% essential. You get what you pay for.

On the other hand, there isn't one mobile/broadband provider in the country with an sort of decent customer service. Eir are the absolute worst but they others aren't too far behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭2lazytogetup

Eir are the worst. and thats going back to 2008 ive had problems with them.

if Eir offered me 2euro a year broadband, i wouldnt take it. they are that bad and not worth the hassle.

at least with ryanair they are cheap and you know what you are getting.

at least with ryanair they are cheap and you know what you are getting.

You'd think that, but no, the amount of times you hear Ryanair passengers screaming in the airport because they have to pay for a boarding pass.
    They expect their boarding pass, priority boarding, 20kg bag, a meal & a hot shower for the grand total of €25 that they have paid for their flight.

Can be very entertaining to watch when you don't have to deal with those customers yourself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Milena009

I used them once to make a delivery. Never again. Kept me waiting all day and never answer the phone.

So much that.
    Fastway are pretty much worse courier company I dealt with
    I think Ryanair is not as bad as loveholidays.
    Its a package holiday company so hotel + flights but come June / July and then separate Holiday in September I had to pro actively reach out to hotels if they are open if anything and yet
    Their only support was via chat (miracle to get on)
    If your hotel was closed but flight going ahead... They were Washing their hands off of you ..... Mine is sorted but wow

Advertisement