Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Rugby World Cup Handicap bets

• 19-09-2019 8:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Anyone got any strong fancies before we kick off? Will be playing closer to the off myself for most games. Feel the weather and pitch conditions are going to be crucial over this weekend.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭markc91

Hes back!

• Subscribers Posts: 40,948 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

france -1 is the best value that i can see.

once you match the argies up front you cutr out their running threat, and france have the forwards to do this.

ill look at the over / under figure before betting (think the line will be 43.5) but i expect a high scoring game which could exceed 50 points.....

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Isotonic2

Going to have a small bet on the Russians +39.5 this morning. Japan as hosts may be a bit nervous and allow the Russians keep the score respectable early on. 40 points is a big cap and once the Russians score 10-12 points it should be enough to be on the right side of it.

Gonna have a few quid on Argentina to overturn the French in this mornings second game. A few wins in warm up games doesn’t make them the price they are. Argentina playing together all year and are well capable of winning this

Simple enough in NZ V SA. All Blacks -6. First big bet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭SonOfGoat

I had a decent few quid on New Zealand minus -6 against the South Africans. I got even money and I'm happy enough with that. I can see them beating them a lot more than 6 points.... Done the bet with Bet365

• Advertisement

Ireland -8

• Registered Users Posts: 10,614 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Could see some massive moves going forward now.
    NZ and SA in reality have nothing more to play for after their game and it will
    be interesting to see what sort of teams they both put out for their remaining matches against the weaker teams in the group.

Think the Russians will collapse today after the effort V Japan on Friday. Samoa to cover the 28. Medium stake

Backing Ireland -21. They target Scotland, win and qualify. Leitch the capt and best player by a mile on bench. Even if it does get wet ireland would be way more suited.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭evosteo

Isotonic2 wrote: »
    Backing Ireland -21. They target Scotland, win and qualify. Leitch the capt and best player by a mile on bench. Even if it does get wet ireland would be way more suited.

Wow 😮

• Advertisement

evosteo wrote: »
    Wow 😮

Get it back on Georgia in first game tomorrow. Second big bet of comp -16

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭franglan

Get it back on Georgia in first game tomorrow. Second big bet of comp -16

Any reason for the - 16? What's the rationale?

franglan wrote: »
    Any reason for the - 16? What's the rationale?

Apologies only seeing this now. Should have put a reason. Georgia are an up and coming team close to getting into the “6 nations”. Massive power up front against a very light Uruguayan team having just a 4 day turnaround. Scrum and lineout maul are as good as any tier 1 team and better than some. Due to the Uruguayan win against Fiji they won’t be taken lightly and will help to focus the Georgian minds. Cap would have been 30+ last week

• Registered Users Posts: 7,077 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Apologies only seeing this now. Should have put a reason. Georgia are an up and coming team close to getting into the “6 nations”. Massive power up front against a very light Uruguayan team having just a 4 day turnaround. Scrum and lineout maul are as good as any tier 1 team and better than some. Due to the Uruguayan win against Fiji they won’t be taken lightly and will help to focus the Georgian minds. Cap would have been 30+ last week

Anything else , you where on a great run.

Ireland to cover the 26 today. Samoa will get a score or two but I feel Ireland’s world cup starts today. It’s a big bet

• Registered Users Posts: 13,291 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Ireland to cover the 26 today. Samoa will get a score or two but I feel Ireland’s world cup starts today.

The weather is what would worry me. I know it's the other side from the typhoon but it'll still be raining heavily with poor pitch conditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

8-10 wrote: »
    The weather is what would worry me. I know it's the other side from the typhoon but it'll still be raining heavily with poor pitch conditions.

Yeah, I think the 29 available with bet365 is very high, Ireland have been pretty appalling, especially the last game. I thought Samoa were reasonably impressive last time out and can take a few scalps (literally), weather will play its part too. Really not clear on why the handicap is that level. If Ireland get 4 tries, there's little point in them taking any risks with a big game next weekend against a rested side.

That’s why betting exists. Opinions differ, personally as I say think Ireland cover and the weather actually encourages me. Lineouts, mauls penalties etc are our bread and butter

Good win under the circumstances 3/3

Two big ones for me me this weekend

Nz -7 evens. Best team by far in the comp, will put England to the sword.

SA -8 evens 2nd best team against a tired looking Welsh team. South African power to dominate up front, and provide fast ball for the backs

2 strong bets

• Advertisement

Off topic but Munster will destroy Ospreys tonight. Munster very strong and crowd at Musgrave really important in Pro14. Backing the -19 but think it could be chaos

Advertisement