Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

12-02-2020, 21:14   #2341
clearview99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplejess27 View Post
Hi Clearview99
As far as I know they are strict with price and size of house. HTH
Yeah I'd say that - still, not that clear cut in reality - it's worth noting that Gorey is the only designated rent pressure zone in Co. Wexford - there must be a reason behind that!!!! The RI criteria should look more at specific towns/areas as opposed to just county by county. Gorey is home to two 1000+ secondary schools (one of which is the biggest in the country) and both are full to capacity. The population of the town is growing rapidly and this is driving up house prices given that demand is exceeding supply
Advertisement
13-02-2020, 11:07   #2342
Tumbleweed2

Quote:
Originally Posted by clearview99 View Post
Thanks for the response - I'm looking at a house that's a little over the 250k limit - I can make the difference with savings (just about) but unsure if the council will approve it as it's over the rebuilding Ireland limit. Gorey prices are far higher than other parts of the county - it has commuter town status so why wouldn't they! This house ticks all the boxes for me and tbh if the bank had of stretched on the mortgage I wouldn't need to go down the RI route. House prices in Arklow are in line if not below Gorey prices yet it benefits from a 320k limit!
Yeah it's a little unfair but unfortunately it's set in stone.
If you are buying new build you can have a chat with the developer. I know someone that got approved in Wicklow for a house costing €327k and they paid the €7k under the table.
13-02-2020, 11:49   #2343
Jafin

Send a message via Skype™ to Jafin
Submitted my application yesterday and included a letter from AIB with approval in principle that I got by applying online, that was fine. Also included the output sheet from Permanent TSB's online calculator and got an email this morning saying that they can't accept the calculator output sheet. I've looked on the RIHL website and it says that what I gave them is perfectly fine. Is there any way I can go about telling them that it should be fine according to the official guidelines, or asking if they can double check, and that multiple other councils have accepted this as evidence without me sounding like a complete so-and-so?

My salary cert in my application will expire in 10 days and I work Monday to Friday 9:30 to 6pm in a job where it can be difficult for me to get someone to cover me if I need to do something during that time, so I don't even know if I can get an appointment with PTSB in time to get a proper letter of refusal before the salary cert expires.
13-02-2020, 13:21   #2344
optogirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jafin View Post
Submitted my application yesterday and included a letter from AIB with approval in principle that I got by applying online, that was fine. Also included the output sheet from Permanent TSB's online calculator and got an email this morning saying that they can't accept the calculator output sheet. I've looked on the RIHL website and it says that what I gave them is perfectly fine. Is there any way I can go about telling them that it should be fine according to the official guidelines, or asking if they can double check, and that multiple other councils have accepted this as evidence without me sounding like a complete so-and-so?

My salary cert in my application will expire in 10 days and I work Monday to Friday 9:30 to 6pm in a job where it can be difficult for me to get someone to cover me if I need to do something during that time, so I don't even know if I can get an appointment with PTSB in time to get a proper letter of refusal before the salary cert expires.
This really annoys me - they have it on their own FAQ section as acceptable. Why are they making it as difficult as possible. It's not as if different banks have wildly different lending criteria.
13-02-2020, 13:46   #2345
Tumbleweed2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jafin View Post

I literally rang Ulster bank direct mortgages told them want I wanted, they said no, I asked for a decline letter to be issued with me in confirming same and they emailed it to me same day. If you dont want confrontation and want to seem accommodating give them a go.
Advertisement
13-02-2020, 14:48   #2346
Jafin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumbleweed2 View Post
I literally rang Ulster bank direct mortgages told them want I wanted, they said no, I asked for a decline letter to be issued with me in confirming same and they emailed it to me same day. If you dont want confrontation and want to seem accommodating give them a go.
Oh it's not even that I'm afraid there will be confrontation or anything, I just don't want myself to come across as a d**k. Regardless I've emailed them back asking politely if they wouldn't mind double checking because the website for RIHL says that what I gave them is acceptable evidence. If not I'll just have to try my best to get something else in time. Thanks for the tip on Ulster Bank, I'll keep them in mind should I need to go that route.
Thanks from:
14-02-2020, 10:21   #2347
Jafin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumbleweed2 View Post
Sorry to quote you again. I was just wondering do you have a number for ringing Ulster Bank about it? I looked all over the website and all I can find is a button to request a call back, no direct number that I can actually call myself. Or is it your local branch that you phoned? Thanks

Edit: Nevermind, I eventually found the phone number. Even better is that they're open until 8pm tonight, so I can ring them after I get home from work.

Last edited by Jafin; 14-02-2020 at 10:44.
14-02-2020, 13:35   #2348
Whodanoob

Do you think RI might be scrapped since Fianna Fail are quite critical of it? I think there would be uproar if that happened.
14-02-2020, 20:25   #2349
Leinad321

Submitted my application this afternoon to my local authority. Fingers crossed! No questions were asked, my envelope was just stamped! Maybe it was an opportunity to ask questions, but i was just happy to get it in! Needed to apply for a mortgage with KBC in order to get an insufficient offer letter so that took some time. Bank of Ireland were more straight forward, i was emailed an insufficient offer letter a few days after a meeting with a mortgage advisor. Anyone doing / done a 175sqm self build?

Last edited by Leinad321; 14-02-2020 at 20:31.
Advertisement
15-02-2020, 11:01   #2350
xxsammyxx085

Hi guys, wondering if anyone here might be able to clarify something for me.... we have our mortgage approved. We were looking at a self build as house prices here for what we need are extortionate for really old, cold houses.... we were wondering if the council will let us build.... but only get it to a builders finish on the money we have... or will they make us have everything kitted out in the mortgage amount?? Any advice appreciated
15-02-2020, 11:02   #2351
BKWDR

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxsammyxx085 View Post
Hi guys, wondering if anyone here might be able to clarify something for me.... we have our mortgage approved. We were looking at a self build as house prices here for what we need are extortionate for really old, cold houses.... we were wondering if the council will let us build.... but only get it to a builders finish on the money we have... or will they make us have everything kitted out in the mortgage amount?? Any advice appreciated
Define 'kitted out'
15-02-2020, 11:05   #2352
xxsammyxx085

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKWDR View Post
Define 'kitted out'
Emm.... do we need floors tiled, wooden floors skirting boards.... I know we need a kitchen and bathroom.... would we have to have the an suite in if we have a main bathroom done??
15-02-2020, 11:13   #2353
BKWDR

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxsammyxx085 View Post
Emm.... do we need floors tiled, wooden floors skirting boards.... I know we need a kitchen and bathroom.... would we have to have the an suite in if we have a main bathroom done??
AFAIK they're more concerned with the build aspect and higher level stuff such as waste water drainage windows etc. It'll all have to be signed off by qualified professional.
Thanks from:
15-02-2020, 14:23   #2354
xxsammyxx085

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKWDR View Post
AFAIK they're more concerned with the build aspect and higher level stuff such as waste water drainage windows etc. It'll all have to be signed off by qualified professional.
Super thanks a mill
15-02-2020, 15:49   #2355
KH1591

Quick question for anyone who has applied and drawn down their mortgage with this scheme

Do you have to have the solicitor fees and stamp duty before they process the application? Our plan is to put our application forward with our 10% deposit.. once approved we will move home and save the solicitor fees / stamp duty but wondered if they would approve us without having the full solicitor fees saved?
Just wondered what others peoples experience with this part of the process was
Thanks

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion