Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

08-07-2019, 19:17   #61
Life1234

Hi Ana Lalala,

Thanks for the message. We are only going to sign contracts this week so we aren't at that stage yet. Our house won't be ready until end of August so I think our snag list etc will happen then.

Is your house ready? It is a 3-bed semi detached?

What kind of things were on the snag list? Is there anything in particular that we should look out for?

Thanks so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by analalala View Post
Hi Life1234,

did you maybe have snagging already? Asking because we did this Today and the number of snags are unreal, house looks like is 10 years old and not 1 month old, still can belive...Anyway can you please share your experience. Thank you!

Last edited by Graham; 08-07-2019 at 19:38. Reason: quote fixing
Advertisement
13-08-2019, 10:18   #62
Life1234

Hi All,

Thanks for all your help to date with this. We have bought a house in The Paddocks. We are hoping to get in for Snagging by the end of the month / early September. Can anyone recommend a professional snagger that they used please?

Also, we are looking to get tiles in the kitchen / utility room, laminate floor in the sitting room, hall & bedrooms & then carpets on the stairs and landing. Can anyone advise on a supplier for this if they used one? I have been told that the tiles in the bathrooms come as per show house.

Also, we are looking to get blinds in the house, can anyone recommend someone for Venetian blinds, I notice that is what most people have on their houses in the estate.

Any help is much appreciated.
17-08-2019, 17:30   #63
Thurn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Life1234 View Post
Hi All,

Thanks for all your help to date with this. We have bought a house in The Paddocks. We are hoping to get in for Snagging by the end of the month / early September. Can anyone recommend a professional snagger that they used please?

Also, we are looking to get tiles in the kitchen / utility room, laminate floor in the sitting room, hall & bedrooms & then carpets on the stairs and landing. Can anyone advise on a supplier for this if they used one? I have been told that the tiles in the bathrooms come as per show house.

Also, we are looking to get blinds in the house, can anyone recommend someone for Venetian blinds, I notice that is what most people have on their houses in the estate.

Any help is much appreciated.

Congratulations on your new house you are nearly there!

I can not really help you with the snagging. I snagged the house myself with my father in law.

As you said the tiles in the bathrooms are as per show house so you do not need to buy tiles for the bathdrooms. However, the bathdrooms do not come with shower doors/enclosure so you will need to buy that. I got mine in B&Q at a very competitive price. The only downside of B&Q is that I had to order mine and took a few weeks for it to come. You can always ask Bryan if you can measure the shower tray so you can order it. Like this by the time you move in it is ready for you to install it.

I have laminate flooring everywhere else in the house. I bought mine in a place called Floor design in Kylemore Park North in Dublin. I was interested in 12mm laminate. It is difficult to find a supplier for 12mm at a good cost.

Bear in mind that I needed a fear bit since I have laminate everywhere.
I did lots of research and I found that Floor design had an excellent quality flooring at good price. They only supply the floor but they can give you a contact for somebody to install it at a competitive price.

As for the blinds I got mine in IKEA. They have them in a lot of sizes and colours and are super easy to install.

Good luck with the move!
18-09-2019, 21:51   #64
tomister

Hi all,

I've placed a deposit on one of the remaining 3 beds in phase 2 this week. Estate seems nice and quiet and I used to work in Newbridge so know the town.
Looking for some insights if anyone can help:
How was the builder to deal with?
Was it possible to make changes to the kitchen/utility room units?
Current timeline is completion in March - how have the timelines been for people?
Any major red flags come up in the snag?
How are people finding the estate in general?

Apologies for all the questions and thanks in advance!
29-10-2019, 15:36   #65
emzii666

Hi Everyone,

Hope all is well.
Has anyone moved in from Phase 2, or have done their snag list?

@tomister We dealt with Bryan the site manager, he was nice enough, we got his details from Sarah (Coonans Estates). Allowed to to see it as it was being constructed, and into the show house for measuring the floors . We went with carpetright Naas, if you are going there ask for Gary lovely man, he remembers all his customers!

You will be need to contact Cawleys furniture (Cherry Orchard Industrial Estate) to make any amendments to the kitchen/utility units. We dealt with <SNIP>

Timeline for us was originally September (from the real estate agent) when we went to sign contracts it was then October. Snag is due end of this month/beginning of November *fingers crossed* we have been emailing for more details but thats as far as we really get. They are waiting on ESB connections.

I hope this was of some help wish I had more info and best of luck in March!

Thanks from your soon to be neighbour!

Last edited by Graham; 30-10-2019 at 22:02. Reason: name/number removed
Advertisement
30-10-2019, 20:20   #66
tomister

Quote:
Originally Posted by emzii666 View Post
Hi Everyone,

Hope all is well.
Has anyone moved in from Phase 2, or have done their snag list?

@tomister We dealt with Bryan the site manager, he was nice enough, we got his details from Sarah (Coonans Estates). Allowed to to see it as it was being constructed, and into the show house for measuring the floors . We went with carpetright Naas, if you are going there ask for Gary lovely man, he remembers all his customers!

You will be need to contact Cawleys furniture (Cherry Orchard Industrial Estate) to make any amendments to the kitchen/utility units. We dealt with <SNIP>

Timeline for us was originally September (from the real estate agent) when we went to sign contracts it was then October. Snag is due end of this month/beginning of November *fingers crossed* we have been emailing for more details but thats as far as we really get. They are waiting on ESB connections.

I hope this was of some help wish I had more info and best of luck in March!

Thanks from your soon to be neighbour!
Thanks for the info! Contracts came back today from the vendor's solicitor so I can start getting in touch with Sarah to get Bryan's details. Want to get measurements done so I can price furniture etc.

Looking forward to moving down. Seems like a nice quiet estate.
Hope your snag goes well and you get the keys in a few weeks!

Last edited by Graham; 30-10-2019 at 22:02. Reason: name/number removed
11-12-2019, 19:30   #67
fo.a

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomister View Post
Thanks for the info! Contracts came back today from the vendor's solicitor so I can start getting in touch with Sarah to get Bryan's details. Want to get measurements done so I can price furniture etc.

Looking forward to moving down. Seems like a nice quiet estate.
Hope your snag goes well and you get the keys in a few weeks!

Have you moved in yet? How long did it take for you to get the keys?
Were you able to speak to Bryan and make any changes?

Thank you for the help
11-12-2019, 19:53   #68
tomister

Quote:
Originally Posted by fo.a View Post
Have you moved in yet? How long did it take for you to get the keys?
Were you able to speak to Bryan and make any changes?

Thank you for the help
Hi fo.a,

My house is across the green from the show house so I’m not due to get keys until March.
Spoke to Bryan but my kitchen was already fitted so couldn’t make changes. Coonan estates were not very clear that there were no options on the kitchens etc. Bryan was very helpful though
Have you bought a house here yourself?
11-12-2019, 20:32   #69
fo.a

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomister View Post
Hi fo.a,

My house is across the green from the show house so I’m not due to get keys until March.
Spoke to Bryan but my kitchen was already fitted so couldn’t make changes. Coonan estates were not very clear that there were no options on the kitchens etc. Bryan was very helpful though
Have you bought a house here yourself?
Hi Tomister,

Thank you for the quick response and information.
We've put the deposit in so hopefully will sign the contract soon as we've had issues with the mortgage for some time. We're probably in a similar situation as we'd probably be too late to make any changes...

We'll be close by as ours is just down the road from the show house, so would be happy to meet once we move in.
Advertisement
22-12-2019, 15:01   #70
Kadu1234

Hi all,

I just put a deposit on a 3 bed semi in the Paddocks aswell....exciting times!!!
Is there an option to move things around the kitchen....I never asked Coonans. Also are any of the white goods/hob/oven included with the kitchen?

Thanks
22-12-2019, 16:14   #71
tomister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadu1234 View Post
Hi all,

I just put a deposit on a 3 bed semi in the Paddocks aswell....exciting times!!!
Is there an option to move things around the kitchen....I never asked Coonans. Also are any of the white goods/hob/oven included with the kitchen?

Thanks
Congratulations and welcome to the estate!
If the kitchen is yet to be fitted you might be in luck. Cowley’s are very nice to deal with so ask Sarah for their details and get on to them. I wasn’t able to as the kitchen was fitted by the time everything was signed.
Only thing that’s there is the kitchen extractor fan. DID in the town have some good deals on in the sale and will hold until the house is ready.

Best of luck!
23-12-2019, 10:12   #72
Kadu1234

Hi Tomister,

Thanks for the reply.
Reading back over the thread it sounds like the house i picked will be backing onto your row of houses.

Do you think they will be ready in March...I was over looking at the site at the weekend and there is still a few houses in that block to be built. I wonder will they release your row of houses first before they release the ones behind.

I'm presuming the roadway will have to be completed all the way around before they hand over the keys!!!
23-12-2019, 13:39   #73
tomister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadu1234 View Post
Hi Tomister,

Thanks for the reply.
Reading back over the thread it sounds like the house i picked will be backing onto your row of houses.

Do you think they will be ready in March...I was over looking at the site at the weekend and there is still a few houses in that block to be built. I wonder will they release your row of houses first before they release the ones behind.

I'm presuming the roadway will have to be completed all the way around before they hand over the keys!!!
I have to say they've gone up pretty quick. When I was down for my first viewing my house was only at the roof stage and when I went back for the second viewing it was all water tight. The houses behind mine hadn't started then and they're all water tight now too.

They were focused on finishing the other side of the estate, down behind the show house as those were to be released before Christmas. Was down about 2 weeks ago and they've that side done with the road re surfaced and everything. They're starting the road on our side after Christmas.

For my own house Bryan is saying mid Feb for completion but this will depend on the services like ESB and then the road itself. Will be in contact with him in the New Year as I need to get the valuation sorted for the mortgage.
Did they give you a timeline for yours at all?
02-01-2020, 12:00   #74
Kadu1234

I haven't got a date at the minute....think they said April initially.
I double checked with Coonan's and they said that there is no option to make changes in the kitchen as fit and finish is standard.
Asked about outside tap, socket and light at the back door but waiting to hear back on these.
10-01-2020, 13:49   #75
tomister

Spoke to Bryan this week to organise valuation and he's hoping I should be ready in 7-8 weeks. This could be delayed by the ESB doing the connection which I've heard happens a lot. Other than that they seem pretty much on track. Ground works should be done in 4-5 weeks

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion