Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

23-03-2018, 05:17   #46
tradesman
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kass13 View Post
Hiya
Welcome everybody
We bought in The Paddocks recently and getting our house snagged tomorrow and Monday.
Any hints on what to look out for?
How long did they take to complete all the snags?
Can you explain tomorrow and monday to snag? Why 2 days
Advertisement
23-03-2018, 06:03   #47
Kass13

We have friendly structural egineer so we asked him to come over to take a look today and proffesional snaggers coming on Mon
10-05-2018, 20:32   #48
Kass13

Hi All
Is the WhatsUpp group active already?
11-05-2018, 13:09   #49
dragon5678

Quote:
Hi All
Is the WhatsUpp group active already?
Hi Kass

Not sure. I haven't heard of one yet.
11-05-2018, 13:27   #50
Kass13

Have you heard of the burglary in the estate on Thu night?
Two houses have been broken into and gas boilers stolen.

Would be usefull to set up something to keep people in the loop on what is going on and to stay safe and aware?
Thanks from:
Advertisement
11-05-2018, 13:32   #51
Kass13

We’re @ M. Woods no 189
Pop in after 8pm to exchange phone no’s so we can set up sth

Last edited by Kass13; 11-05-2018 at 13:37.
11-05-2018, 22:20   #52
lunasaskye

Quote:
Have you heard of the burglary in the estate on Thu night?
Two houses have been broken into and gas boilers stolen.

Would be usefull to set up something to keep people in the loop on what is going on and to stay safe and aware?
That is awful to hear. Saw a garda car and locksmith van earlier in the week. Are the houses broken into occupied? We upgraded security with homewatch. We have a system app on phones called HKC secure comm and it alerts you if alarm goes off and which window or door as alarms and you can set/unset alarm through app . Alarm sensors on them all and motion sensors and perimeter sensors. Alarm was included in the house as it is a show house. That will be great to set up a neighbour watch type committee and whatsapp group to help us all look out for each other in this new community. I hope everyone is settling in well and hope to meet some new neighbours soon.
11-05-2018, 22:38   #53
lunasaskye

I set up a facebook group a while back called Newbridge Residents Community Forum. Feel free to join.
Thanks from:
17-05-2018, 17:42   #54
bob b

Hi, I know this is a question that's been asked a lot and directions have been given to different agents and daft but I can't find out how much a three bed is roughly worth whether mid terrace, end terrace or semi d. Also they are expanding the paddocks (:-)) but any idea when they think the houses will be finished by?

Thanks so much and approx prices are ok too, we are so stretched for budget in Dublin.

Bobby
Advertisement
10-06-2019, 23:11   #55
Life1234

Hi all,

We viewed a 3 bed semi detached house for phase two in The Paddocks this week. We loved the house & we have reserved one.

We are currently waiting on the H2B to get back to us & everything should get up and running. We are moving from Dublin & the commute from Newbridge to Pearse Street (where my partner works) seems fine. We have looked online and we cannot seem to see prices for the train. Would anyone happen to know the approx monthly fare for the train from Newbridge - Pearse Street? Also, we have been told that the move in date should be August / September. Can I ask a couple of things please in relation to this.

1. If they are saying move in date is Aug / Sep, by your experience did this run over by much? When should be expect to move in?

2. How is the estate to live in currently? Is it a safe area?

Thanks so much in advance for the help.
10-06-2019, 23:15   #56
Life1234

Hi,

We viewed a 3 bed semi detached house for phase two in The Paddocks this week. We loved the house & we have reserved one.

We are currently waiting on the H2B to get back to us & everything should get up and running. We are moving from Dublin & the commute from Newbridge to Pearse Street (where my partner works) seems fine. We have looked online and we cannot seem to see prices for the train. Would anyone happen to know the approx monthly fare for the train from Newbridge - Pearse Street? Also, we have been told that the move in date should be August / September. Can I ask a couple of things please in relation to this.

1. If they are saying move in date is Aug / Sep, by your experience did this run over by much? When should be expect to move in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon5678 View Post
Hi All

Just went Sale Agreed on a 3-bed semi house in the 1st Phase of The Paddocks in Newbridge. Has anyone else been to view the development? What are your thoughts?

Moving out of Dublin to go there and the commute doesn't look too bad for the frequent train service.

Looking forward to finally living in a house that we own
12-06-2019, 12:09   #57
Thurn

I am not sure about the price of the train to Pearse Station. However, if you are planning to do that journey on a daily bases you should look into the tax saver scheme. You save a lot of money buying it through the scheme. You can buy tickets monthly or annually. If you buy them annually your saving will even be greater because you pay for 10 months but you get a 12 month ticket. As it is now Newbridge is not included in the Dublin leap zone so it is not as cheap as travelling form Sallins the next station up. However, this might change as there are a lot of petitions ongoing to get Newbridge included in the leap zone area.

Regarding the moving in date. In my case I was told that I could move in March but it actually ended being April. However, in the builders defence, last year we had a lot of bad weather. We had 2 lots of heavy snow and this delayed everything. Your best bet is actually come to see the house. In your case the site is within an open house state so you can drive over to see the progress any time. Also you can always drop and email to the builder to find out about the progress. He is brilliant and he even allowed me to go into my house several times to see the progress.

As for the safety of the state. I can tell you that is very safe. I just have to tell you that my neighbour next door left her front door wide open for a whole morning and by the time I realised and I closed it was lunch time and nobody had even noticed.

The area is also safe. There are primary and secondary schools in within walking distance. I actually walk into town several times a week and with Newbridge having a shopping centre (with most of the shops one needs) and tkmaxx I hardly ever go to Dublin for anything. Obviously the town will be 10 minutes closer once they open the road joining the state to station road. Unfortunately, the road is to be built by a different developer that is taking his time on getting the road... however, even like this I walk into town so its not far at all.

It is a new house state so we have a few issues that go with being so new. For example we are not in google yet so some neighbours have issues with deliveries. We have several of each house numbers but nobody knows which one is the right number 5 because the names of the streets are not up yet.

Up to now we did not have a green area which meant that the children did not have a place to play. However, by the time you move in I guess that the grass will be ready even for mowing! because its already coming up.

As you can see all the complaints are actually not important. I have been living here for a year and I am very happy about it.
There is a whatsup group that is quite active so when you move in make sure you to join in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Life1234 View Post
Hi,

13-06-2019, 09:37   #58
Life1234

Thanks for the update!

Hi,

Thanks so much for that message, it was extremely helpful. We will look into the tax saver scheme for the train.

The auctioneers have said that the move in date is September / October so hopefully it does not run out too long. We have been up a couple of times this week to see the house / area for the one we have reserved. As soon as everything is totally confirmed I will get onto the builder & see if we can come see the house.

We are delighted to hear that the estate is safe. It really does tick all the boxes for us & the amneities around the area seem brilliant. I don't think we will have to go to Dublin for anything other than visiting family / work as everything is on our door step.

Is there talk of when the new road (pedestrian access into The Paddocks) will be built?

I noticed that The Paddocks isn't on google maps yes. Over time, I am sure that will update. That is great about the green area for the children too.

Thank you so much for sharing this, it has really put our mind at ease. We will make sure to join the WhatsApp group when we move in, thank you.

Can I ask, has anyone availed of the HTB scheme? How was the whole process from start to finish?

Thanks for all the help! Really appreciate it.
20-06-2019, 23:17   #59
lunasaskye

Hi, my husband gets the train to Dublin daily. He gets the tax saver ticket through his employment. It is always packed on the train on the downside. We moved here due to his job and because it is commutable to Dublin as we were so priced out of Dublin. We didn't have much delay moving in as it was a showhouse we bought. We were the first to move in 16 months ago. We have no reason to believe it is not safe and lucky to have lovely neighbours and we help each other out and are friends now. The access road is dependent on another developer. All the plans are on Kildare County Council site under Stennock/Leeson Bros. No experience of h2b as we are second time buyers. Good luck with everything.
08-07-2019, 18:26   #60
analalala

Hi Life1234,

did you maybe have snagging already? Asking because we did this Today and the number of snags are unreal, house looks like is 10 years old and not 1 month old, still can belive...Anyway can you please share your experience. Thank you!

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion