Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

08-02-2018, 23:23   #31
dragon5678

Quote:
Originally Posted by karenken20 View Post
We just got the attic floored. Can't afford to get a conversion done yet but it's definitely on the cards a couple of years down the line. There is great space in the attic.
I really wanted to get ours floored but the OH said why floor it when we can convert it so we went down that route.

I was surprised to see the space in ours, and theres loads of headroom too.
Advertisement
05-03-2018, 17:58   #32
lunasaskye

Welcome to everyone moving into The Paddocks. I hope you will be very happy in your new homes and it will be a nice neighbourhood to live in. I am in a few weeks and settling in well as not from the area but have good friends in nearby Naas and Sallins. It will be great when the access road opens especially for those commuting on the train. It would also be great once more residents move in to look at setting up a Residents Association or even a WhatsApp Group for those who wish . For example, you might have been able to help someone out during the recent storm. One thing I have noticed about access through The Meadows is that none of the street lights are working there so I am going to email Kildare CoCo. as we also have no street lights set up so it is a long stretch of houses with no public lighting. Best of luck with the move and in your new home and life in The Paddocks.
05-03-2018, 18:58   #33
karenken20

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunasaskye View Post
Welcome to everyone moving into The Paddocks. I hope you will be very happy in your new homes and it will be a nice neighbourhood to live in. I am in a few weeks and settling in well as not from the area but have good friends in nearby Naas and Sallins. It will be great when the access road opens especially for those commuting on the train. It would also be great once more residents move in to look at setting up a Residents Association or even a WhatsApp Group for those who wish . For example, you might have been able to help someone out during the recent storm. One thing I have noticed about access through The Meadows is that none of the street lights are working there so I am going to email Kildare CoCo. as we also have no street lights set up so it is a long stretch of houses with no public lighting. Best of luck with the move and in your new home and life in The Paddocks.

Just in relation to the lack of street lights in the Meadows there has been an ongoing issue with the Receiver appointed to the Meadows and Kildare County council about this. The last update a few weeks ago was that the Receiver had given money to the council to get the lights situation sorted. The issue is that the Estate is not yet signed over to the Council.

We are in just over a week ourselves. Finding it difficult to get set up with Broadband. Has anyone gotten sorted with this get?
06-03-2018, 06:24   #34

How much are the detached houses selling for?
06-03-2018, 10:19   #35
Thurn

You should check with the Agents because last time I checked in daft there was only one house left to be sold. The agents are Coonan from Maynooth.
Advertisement
07-03-2018, 09:45   #36
Thurn

Quote:
We are in just over a week ourselves. Finding it difficult to get set up with Broadband. Has anyone gotten sorted with this get?
I can not comment on that because I did not move in yet 😑 . What is the problem with it? The connection or the companies being slow to come over to set it up?
07-03-2018, 10:31   #37
karenken20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thurn View Post
I can not comment on that because I did not move in yet 😑 . What is the problem with it? The connection or the companies being slow to come over to set it up?
The connection it seems. Can't even get a company to come out as they say there is no connection in the estate. This is despite there being Virgin Media boxes in the house. Neighbours are in 4 weeks and have no broadband yet.
07-03-2018, 11:52   #38
Thurn

Quote:
The connection it seems. Can't even get a company to come out as they say there is no connection in the estate. This is despite there being Virgin Media boxes in the house. Neighbours are in 4 weeks and have no broadband yet.
wow! I do not understand that. I was just in and I was shown the boxes... So what are you supposed to do?
07-03-2018, 12:00   #39
deisecelt

I'm just off the phone with eir. I must of been passed through to every department. Anyway there are no plans for them to put a line into the paddocks in the near future which also rules out sky as they use the same line. I was speaking to virgin and it's a company called Smallworld that installs their lines and they are to come back to me. A glimmer of hope with virgin but I wouldn't hold my breath on getting tv or broadband anytime soon
Advertisement
07-03-2018, 22:03   #40
lunasaskye

We got our broadband with Virgin. Sky said they couldn't service this area. This was a few weeks back. I got a reply from Kildare CoCo regarding The Meadows lighting. They state Airtricity are due to fix the issue between 16-19th March. I have set up a group on Facebook called Newbridge Residents Community Forum to discuss issues and get recommendations and advice.
(2) thanks from:
08-03-2018, 07:42   #41
dragon5678

We had ordered Sky broadband, KN engineer came and said there's no line so we can't do anything. Waited 2 weeks for them to say that.

We have virgin coming over this afternoon to get installed. Next door have it and works great. All the paddocks addresses now come up in the online checker I believe and when I rang I got a free install to put in the connection point as its all blank plates in ours.
22-03-2018, 16:03   #42
Kass13

Hiya
Welcome everybody
We bought in The Paddocks recently and getting our house snagged tomorrow and Monday.
Any hints on what to look out for?
How long did they take to complete all the snags?
22-03-2018, 16:15   #43
Thurn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kass13 View Post
Hiya
Welcome everybody
We bought in The Paddocks recently and getting our house snagged tomorrow and Monday.
Any hints on what to look out for?
How long did they take to complete all the snags?
My snagging was quite straight forward. The finishes were really good in my house. There were very few things and they were all done very promptly. Snagging was done, fixed and revised under a week.

I think that the slower part of all will be the County Council signing off. I have been waiting now for 2 weeks!! I was told that in some cases the County council can take up to 4 weeks to do the signing off. Considering that next week is Easter I have no hope what so ever to move in any time soon.
22-03-2018, 16:41   #44
Kass13

Was the house painted in white before the snag or after?

Don’t worry!
Max two weeks more and you can move in!
Were you abke to do anything inside (floors,etc.) before Co Co signs off?
22-03-2018, 17:17   #45
Thurn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kass13 View Post
Was the house painted in white before the snag or after?

Don’t worry!
Max two weeks more and you can move in!
Were you abke to do anything inside (floors,etc.) before Co Co signs off?
The house was painted before the snagging. I was told I could do flooring before moving in.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion