Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

02-02-2018, 23:28   #16
karenken20

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon5678 View Post
Hey. Nice. When was your house finished? Ours was actually built when we viewed back in November

It's been "finished" for a while now but the finishing touches have taken some time so come together. Our next door neighbour is in and all so I'm hoping we are not too far behind them. We put our deposit down last October the weekend the houses launched so it's coming up on 4 months now. If it goes beyond this month we will need to get another property valuation for the bank as a valuation only lasts for 4 months, but hopefully that won't be necessary.
Advertisement
03-02-2018, 07:32   #17
Thurn

Quote:
Originally Posted by karenken20 View Post
Quote:
Hey. Nice. When was your house finished? Ours was actually built when we viewed back in November

It's been "finished" for a while now but the finishing touches have taken some time so come together. Our next door neighbour is in and all so I'm hoping we are not too far behind them. We put our deposit down last October the weekend the houses launched so it's coming up on 4 months now. If it goes beyond this month we will need to get another property valuation for the bank as a valuation only lasts for 4 months, but hopefully that won't be necessary.
I am sure you will be in by the end of the month. I was told that I would be in too and mine is not even Finished!!
03-02-2018, 07:59   #18
karenken20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thurn View Post
I am sure you will be in by the end of the month. I was told that I would be in too and mine is not even Finished!!

Here's hoping! Our lease is up at the end of the month so we need to be out of our current home. What style house did you purchase yourself? Lots of people have moved in over the past 4 weeks or so.
03-02-2018, 08:23   #19
Thurn

Quote:
Quote:

Here's hoping! Our lease is up at the end of the month so we need to be out of our current home. What style house did you purchase yourself? Lots of people have moved in over the past 4 weeks or so.
A 3 bedroom town house (type H). My lane will be the last one to be finished. I live locally so I go nearly every day to check. My house is still inside the "site" fence. Only 3 houses left in it. So I know that realistically it will be difficult to move in by the end of the month... but I know they will do their best. I even see them working on Sundays.
03-02-2018, 08:39   #20
karenken20

Quote:
A 3 bedroom town house (type H). My lane will be the last one to be finished. I live locally so I go nearly every day to check. My house is still inside the "site" fence. Only 3 houses left in it. So I know that realistically it will be difficult to move in by the end of the month... but I know they will do their best. I even see them working on Sundays.

We bought the same type. We are locals too so are up and down a good bit probably driving the builders demented 😆
Advertisement
03-02-2018, 19:09   #21
dragon5678

Quote:
We bought the same type. We are locals too so are up and down a good bit probably driving the builders demented 😆
We're coming from Dublin so looking forward to going to a more quiet, less city life. We went for a type K. Really like the look of the Hs though but I don't think any were left when we were looking. Unfortunately missed the launch date and came about a month later :/

Really like Newbridge of what I've seen so far. Looks like we'll be needing a car next. Have my test on Wednesday so fingers crossed
04-02-2018, 18:23   #22
dragon5678

Quote:
I bought a house in that development and I think it’s a good choice. As some of you mentioned it’s a great location since it’s close to the station. Plus Newbridge has a lot of amminities and it is not just your typical commuting town.
Silverview, I would like to think that the road that joins the state to the train station will be done earlier than 2 years. The site between the apartment blocks and the paddocks its own by a different developer than Montane (paddocks’ builder). They got planning mid October for building another apartment block in that site and a planning condition was to build that road. I would hope it’s ready in the next year!!

Regarding commuting to Dublin it all depends where you go. I commuted to Dublin south side for years and I never realized how bad it was until I stopped doing it during my maternity leave. My bus was leaving at 7:15a.m. And I was getting there on the good days at 8:50. On the bus /car you always depend on traffic,road works,accidents... my husband has done easier commutes up to the red cow. Those are easy And under the hour. The best it’s the train . If you have a job in Dublin close to pearse, Tara or Connolly you are in business. In 50’ you are in and you can work/ relax on the train. We both tried it and so far it has been great. At the moment there is a petition to reduce rail fares for Newbridge . The idea is to add Newbridge in the Short Hop Zone as Naas and Kilcock. So if you are thinking to use the train might be useful to sign the petition.

Dragon5678 and Silverview are you both living there? My house it’s not finished yet. How long from snagging to moving in?
Hi Thurn

A question I had for you as I remembered it there, the train from Newbridge to Grand Canal Dock, is it busy in the mornings? Looking at getting the 7:00 or 7:19 service.

Last edited by dragon5678; 04-02-2018 at 18:28.
04-02-2018, 22:41   #23
LisaLee

Quote:
Hi Thurn

A question I had for you as I remembered it there, the train from Newbridge to Grand Canal Dock, is it busy in the mornings? Looking at getting the 7:00 or 7:19 service.
The 7:19 train has Newbridge as its first stop and it's normally not too crowded. Any time I've taken it, I've always had a seat.
07-02-2018, 20:25   #24
deisecelt

Hi all. We're moving in this sat. Exciting times. Does anyone know yet what internet providers cover the estate? Thanks
Advertisement
08-02-2018, 19:38   #25
Thurn

Quote:
Originally Posted by deisecelt View Post
Hi all. We're moving in this sat. Exciting times. Does anyone know yet what internet providers cover the estate? Thanks
Sounds exciting!! Only two days!!
I asked a while back and I was told the place it's wired for eir. There is also cable for virgin Atlantic that you can use for tv or broadband.
08-02-2018, 19:41   #26
Thurn

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaLee View Post
The 7:19 train has Newbridge as its first stop and it's normally not too crowded. Any time I've taken it, I've always had a seat.
Yes the same for me! So no need to rush for a seat
Thanks from:
08-02-2018, 19:46   #27
Thurn

Quote:
Hi. We have bought in The Paddocks too. We bought one of the 3 bed townhouse. We are being told we can do our snag this coming week or next week. Really hoping to be in by the end of this month.
Did you snag yet? I could not believe when I was told I can do mine by the end of next week. I have no doubt that you will be in by the end of the month!!
08-02-2018, 21:38   #28
karenken20

Quote:
Did you snag yet? I could not believe when I was told I can do mine by the end of next week. I have no doubt that you will be in by the end of the month!!
We are doing our Snag on Saturday. So excited to move now
08-02-2018, 21:46   #29
dragon5678

Quote:
We are doing our Snag on Saturday. So excited to move now
Oh cool

We were told today our Snag items are mostly done and should be finished by Wednesday, with a few for us to close on Friday.

Heading down on Saturday too to look at the snag fixes and meeting someone about an attic conversion. Looking forward to seeing the place one last time before we actually own it
08-02-2018, 22:00   #30
karenken20

Quote:
Oh cool
Heading down on Saturday too to look at the snag fixes and meeting someone about an attic conversion. Looking forward to seeing the place one last time before we actually own it
We just got the attic floored. Can't afford to get a conversion done yet but it's definitely on the cards a couple of years down the line. There is great space in the attic.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion