Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

09-06-2017, 10:29   #31
Tox777

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1989 View Post
I got an email recently from them with the initial phase pricing as follows: "We will have a variety of both 3 & 4 bedroom houses in the initial phase ranging in size from 1,175 Sqft (109 Sqm) – 1,735 Sqft (161 Sqm). Prices will be starting at €470,000 for the 3 bedroom houses and €560,000 for the four beds."
I registered on their website, but don't know why I didn't get any email like this about the price...
Advertisement
09-06-2017, 11:51   #32
Gabrielle2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndrome777 View Post
does anyone know are there any plans of connecting Clay Farm or any surrounding estates on to Ballyogan road, to get easier access to luas??
Clayfarm has received a couple million in LIHAF to build infrasture
09-06-2017, 12:46   #33
zom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrielle2010 View Post
I don't mean to tar all welfare receipients with one brush ...
I saw recently new social housing open in Dublin 6 and pretty decent families got it (good looking couples + kids, good clobber, gadgets, language and behaviour, two cars etc..).
09-06-2017, 14:28   #34
Gabrielle2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by zom View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrielle2010 View Post
I don't mean to tar all welfare receipients with one brush ...
I saw recently new social housing open in Dublin 6 and pretty decent families got it (good looking couples + kids, good clobber, gadgets, language and behaviour, two cars etc..).
I said I'm not painting everyone with the same brush. I was on welfare when i was unemployed. You didn't read the rest of what I said or misinterpreted what I said/ took it out of context. Do you think the system is fair that a middle income family can only afford to live in a crumy apartment, have 1 decent car and the other is a banger trying to get a morgate to live somewhere half decent. I have to tell my son no he can't have a garden because we came currently to rent a house. We can't own a dog which we've wanted to for years. We can't plan our second child because we don't have the space and can't afford a bigger place. We live in Stepaside but will probably only get a home in Wicklow, Meath or Kildare- if our morgate approval goes ahead, especially given that I'm on contract. We don't exactly have choice.
Our taxes are funding the Rebuilding Ireland scheme- one of which is Clayfarm. The circulars stated that affordable housing was to be provided as part of being a recipient to the fund. However that is certainly not he case in Clayfarm or soon to be Cherrywood. Taxes and funding isn't going to help middle or lower income families, it's just helping out developers who would normally have to foot the bill for infrasture.
Fair right?
Where as social housing receipts have choice and get to stay in Dublin because people get all up in arms if they have to leave their area. Over half of those on the social housing list rejected their choice of housing some reasons stated are 'because it doesn't have a garden' or it's not in an area they like.
I have a friend who doesn't work and lives on social welfare and got to choose her house with a lovely big garden in an area of her choice. Yet people like my husband and other friends of mine have had to look at moving outside of Dublin, pay our kids in creche and commute to work. The system Seems very fair. And I also have friends, like a lovely elderly couple who live in social housing.
I'm not denying there are people with real need but its not fair having a system that doesn't reward work and make it more difficult for those who do. If we become unemployed we'd get housing, medical, study grants etc and more not currently available to us. The welfare system was originally created as short term aid. Not a way of life and for some- not all, it's a way of life.

Last edited by Gabrielle2010; 09-06-2017 at 15:01.
Thanks from:
09-06-2017, 15:41   #35
bubblypop

You could always go on social welfare & put yourself on the housing list in dun laoghaire/rathdown.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
09-06-2017, 16:51   #36
Gabrielle2010

Sounds like a plan!
Pity, I like my job.
30-06-2017, 09:30   #37

Are there any renderings/images of what the houses and development will look like?
21-07-2017, 11:56   #38
awec

Mod: Rugby, ZTest
Has anyone seen any plans or brochures for these?

They are supposedly on sale in September but there are no details other than the price that I can find.
21-07-2017, 11:59   #39
Gabrielle2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by awec View Post

They are supposedly on sale in September but there are no details other than the price that I can find.
https://www.irishtimes.com/news/envi...omes-1.3161788

In the Irish Times today.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
21-07-2017, 13:07   #40
MaudL

Quote:
Originally Posted by awec View Post

I registered on the website a while ago and received the below information. Then replied to the email with further questions and got the same canned answer Haven't seen anything else since...

''I hope all is well and thank you very much for your enquiry in relation to Clay Farm, Leopardstown, Dublin 18.

This is a really exciting project to be involved in with Park Developments. The Park Developments Group is one of Ireland's most respected and long established development and building companies. Established in 1962, it has forged a reputation for building high quality residential and commercial properties and we are looking forward to launching the first phase of 3 & 4 bedroom houses this coming September at Clay Farm.

The registration page has just gone live and more marketing materials will be released in the very near future. www.clayfarm.ie

We will have a variety of both 3 & 4 bedroom houses in the initial phase ranging in size from 1,175 Sqft (109 Sqm) – 1,735 Sqft (161 Sqm). The overall site includes a 22 Acre Eco Park which will be delivered in the second phase, a fantastic amenity on your doorstep. The site entrance is also ideally positioned directly opposite Leopardstown Valley Luas Stop bringing passengers into Dublin’ City Centre in 25 minutes. Leopardstown shopping centre is also less than 150m from the developments entrance including anchor tenants Dunnes Stores.''
Thanks from:
21-07-2017, 13:18   #41
awec

Yea I saw they were building a lot more but they're keeping it all very quiet regarding what they are building right now. I have no idea if I am interested or not cause I can't see any plans.
21-07-2017, 15:42   #42
Gabrielle2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaudL View Post
I registered on the website a while ago and received the below information. Then replied to the email with further questions and got the same canned answer Haven't seen anything else since...

''I hope all is well and thank you very much for your enquiry in relation to Clay Farm, Leopardstown, Dublin 18.

This is a really exciting project to be involved in with Park Developments. The Park Developments Group is one of Ireland's most respected and long established development and building companies. Established in 1962, it has forged a reputation for building high quality residential and commercial properties and we are looking forward to launching the first phase of 3 & 4 bedroom houses this coming September at Clay Farm.

The registration page has just gone live and more marketing materials will be released in the very near future. www.clayfarm.ie

We will have a variety of both 3 & 4 bedroom houses in the initial phase ranging in size from 1,175 Sqft (109 Sqm) – 1,735 Sqft (161 Sqm). The overall site includes a 22 Acre Eco Park which will be delivered in the second phase, a fantastic amenity on your doorstep. The site entrance is also ideally positioned directly opposite Leopardstown Valley Luas Stop bringing passengers into Dublin’ City Centre in 25 minutes. Leopardstown shopping centre is also less than 150m from the developments entrance including anchor tenants Dunnes Stores.''
I registered and they did contact me with prices. Maybe give them a ring? They are releasing phase 1 in September. I was honestly taken aback by the price especially because the development is in receipt of LIHAF funding which has reduced their costs significantly but not having to pay anything towards infrastructure. Receipt of funding was suppose to speed up the development process and provide an affordable aspect however I don't see this at all. The developer just wins at the end of the day.
We have been looking in the area and thought long and hard after losing out on new builds. The thing is new builds usually don't come with flooring, lights etc and even sometimes doesn't include the kitchen which you have to work into your budget. You also have a risk of the developer not completing your house or completing the snag list. We thought new build would be better but the fact you have to get tipped off by the developer or EA just to get in before launches is just super crazy. The second hand market also has its drawbacks but at least you know what you're getting and get the structural survey done to confirm there's nothing seriously wrong. We finally got a lovely home and went sale agreed this week. Its honestly such a weight of our shoulders. House hunting is not fun!
21-07-2017, 15:48   #43

We drove by to take a look a couple of weeks ago. We left hoping that those buildings at the front aren't houses (and are hopefully apartments instead) because they are NOT good looking buildings!
21-07-2017, 15:58   #44
Gabrielle2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaMarcusHustle View Post
We drove by to take a look a couple of weeks ago. We left hoping that those buildings at the front aren't houses (and are hopefully apartments instead) because they are NOT good looking buildings!
Have to agree.
I saw the plans. Those front ones appear to apartments and Part V. I also wouldn't want to be right by the esb substation. Think at the back closer to the mountain would be nice. Generally the third phase ones are nice. The developer has got further plans for the site next to Clayfarm. Think there will be circa 2000 homes.
21-07-2017, 16:07   #45
awec

The ones at the front are 3 story houses and they are pretty bad looking alright.

I am guessing they will be 3 bed as I am not sure why anyone would pay 560k+ for a 4 bed terrace house.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion