Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

14-02-2020, 08:07   #2881
kanahavel

Quick update from my end ..

I rang the revenue team yesterday and I told the agent I would like to talk to EO / Supervisor. Then I explained my situation and the EO took my issue and told me will give an update around 12.

When I checked my application around 11, it was approved already and then everything went smooth.

The EO called me exactly at 12 and confirmed looks like your issue got fixed.

Looks like they are handling a large number of HTB issues and they will prioritise according to the situation.
Advertisement
15-02-2020, 17:06   #2882
HassanBarak

Error in generating Help to Buy Code

Hi,

I assume someone would have faced this issue. My 2019 return is submitted and have also received refund from revenue for overpaid tax in 2019. When i am trying to generate a help to buy code i am getting the following error:

Something went wrong and we are having trouble processing your request at this time.

Please come back later and try again.

Error ID: htb:6723137742048122821

The error is only appearing when i include Year 2019. If i exclude 2019 i am able to generate a help to buy code. I am facing this issue for last 4 weeks, have raised 3 queries on MyAccount but no one replied back.

I have called revenue help multiple times but of no use. Can somebody please guide if someone was facing the above error and it got resolved.

Thanks a million in advance.
17-02-2020, 11:43   #2883
john.Reid

Advice

Hi everyone,

think this is my first message on boards.ie

Anyway,

I had an approved HTB application last year, full relief was given @20k.

Our new house is ready to go since the first week of Jan, when I went in in early jan out HTB was expired. I had to re-apply (no big deal). Was waiting on my P21 for weeks.

I got that sorted about 2 weeks ago and our joint HTB application was approved on Valetines day - Happy days!

When I went in to add our contract and claim it I realised that now we were only getting 10,500k relief. We did get awarded an incapacitated child tax credit in 2019 and refunded tax for the previous 4 years. so this may have affected things?

does anyone have a similar story. I'm calling them regularly but just anxious to get an answer as all of our budgeting etc was on the basis of full relief.

J
17-02-2020, 11:47   #2884
beazee

Quote:
Originally Posted by john.Reid View Post
Hi everyone,
t now we were only getting 10,500k relief. We did get awarded an incapacitated child tax credit in 2019 and refunded tax for the previous 4 years. so this may have affected things?
HTB is limited to:
5% of the purchase price
full amount of income tax paid in the last 4 years

You were refunded tax for years prior - thus paid less tax in the 4 years before HTB claim - I guess the 10.5K amounts to actual amount of income tax paid after refund.
Thanks from:
17-02-2020, 11:48   #2885
jimmy86

Hi John,

What's the value of the house? You will only get 5% of the purchase price up to a maximum of 20k, The house would need to be 400k to get the full amount.
Advertisement
17-02-2020, 11:48   #2886
jimmy86

Hi John,

What's the value of the house? You will only get 5% of the purchase price up to a maximum of 20k, The house would need to be 400k to get the full amount.
17-02-2020, 11:56   #2887
john.Reid

Quote:
Originally Posted by beazee View Post
HTB is limited to:
5% of the purchase price
full amount of income tax paid in the last 4 years

You were refunded tax for years prior - thus paid less tax in the 4 years before HTB claim - I guess the 10.5K amounts to actual amount of income tax paid after refund.
Hi,

The house is 385k, so was working on the basis of 19,250 relief.

Manically trying to work out how much PAYE I/we have paid over the last 4 years now!

EDIT (again)

Just reviewing my P21's (adjusted for my new credit in aug 2019) it looks like me alone I've paid 22k in tax

Ah i'll just have to wait and see!

Last edited by john.Reid; 17-02-2020 at 12:18.
17-02-2020, 16:10   #2888
tongey89

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanahavel View Post
Quick update from my end ..

I rang the revenue team yesterday and I told the agent I would like to talk to EO / Supervisor. Then I explained my situation and the EO took my issue and told me will give an update around 12.

When I checked my application around 11, it was approved already and then everything went smooth.

The EO called me exactly at 12 and confirmed looks like your issue got fixed.

Looks like they are handling a large number of HTB issues and they will prioritise according to the situation.
May be a stupid question but what is an EO? I have had that error for 3 weeks now and haven't heard anything yet.
17-02-2020, 16:43   #2889
Renjit

Hello everyone

I am applying for HTB as joint application. My spouse needs to approve from her revenue account. But she encounters error when she tries to join the group

"Something went wrong and we are having trouble processing your request at this time.

Please come back later and try again."

What should I do?
Advertisement
17-02-2020, 16:50   #2890
Renjit

Quote:
Originally Posted by af666x View Post
Just a quick question RE individual vs group applicants - we're getting the same HTB error, and we've confirmed the error is on my partner's end (i can create the application and add her, however when she tries to join, or create her own application, she gets an error).

If I were to apply as an individual applicant, would this cause any significant problems?
All applicants mentioned in the mortgage terms should be included as per HTB summary guide.
18-02-2020, 09:59   #2891
Cutielaide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renjit View Post
Hello everyone

I am applying for HTB as joint application. My spouse needs to approve from her revenue account. But she encounters error when she tries to join the group

"Something went wrong and we are having trouble processing your request at this time.

Please come back later and try again."

What should I do?
We experienced this same issue at the beginning. Try excluding 2019 or whichever year that's causing the issue.
18-02-2020, 15:47   #2892
Renjit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutielaide View Post
We experienced this same issue at the beginning. Try excluding 2019 or whichever year that's causing the issue.
I need to select one year at least. And 2019 is the only latest year available. Before that she wasn't working. I selected 2018 too and filed an income tax return for the same even though she wasn't earning then.

So it looks like, same years should be selected by both applicants, otherwise it throws error.
18-02-2020, 17:14   #2893
Cutielaide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renjit View Post
I need to select one year at least. And 2019 is the only latest year available. Before that she wasn't working. I selected 2018 too and filed an income tax return for the same even though she wasn't earning then.

So it looks like, same years should be selected by both applicants, otherwise it throws error.

That wasn't the case for us. I selected 15, 16, 17, 18 and my partner selected 16, 17, 18 , 19.

My partner was getting that error originally but once the 2019 overpayment was paid into his account, we were able to get pass it.

I will suggest you keep on ringing them. Most likely an overpament or underpayment on her side.
23-02-2020, 09:53   #2894
Mossyman

Just would like to update my situation where I couldn't get the application to go through, getting the error message everytime from both my account and my wife's. We were abroad up until last year so were only using 2019 to be assessed.

I had been calling Revenue a few times a week for the past 2/3 weeks and really getting nowhere. Told that my enquiries were on the system and would be looked at. So I decided two weeks ago out of curiosity to try use 2018 and 2019 and the application went through! It told me to submit my 2018 return which was easy to do as we didnt get paid in Ireland for that year. I thought we would get the statement of liability relatively quick.

After a week I didnt get anything back. We are drawing down tomorrow week so there was a bit of urgency to get the application processed. I called Revenue on Thursday and talked to a chap and explained the situation. He said I would have to cancel the application as they couldn't issue the statement of liability for 2018 as we had no income. I said by using 2018 with 2019 it was the only way to successfully submit the application and 2019 would not work on it's own. I said no solution had been offered to me and what was I meant to do. He replied "I dont know". I almost lost it!

Finally he put me on to his supervisor, who was absolutely lovely and helpful. She said she would directly contact the help to buy team as a matter of urgency and if they didnt update me, she would keep an eye and get back to me.

Thankfully we got approved on Friday morning! I got two missed calls and voicemails to update me so the supervisor was true to her word. The encouragement from this thread to hound Revenue to get it through is what I would echo to anyone who is in a similar situation.
(2) thanks from:
24-02-2020, 10:27   #2895
Devil08

What's peoples thought on Sinn Feins plans to scrap the HTB scheme? I think a lot of people are unaware of it...

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion