Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

13-02-2020, 17:54   #46
Summer2020

Looking for a recommendation for a good solicitor in Dublin, south Dublin preferably for selling our house , thanks
Advertisement
13-02-2020, 19:21   #47
Luluk

Looking for a good solicitor for a house purchase in Dublin 15 please. Currently with a solicitor based in Blanchardstown Village but level of service has been beyond terrible, so looking to change asap. Would appreciate recommendations for solicitors who communicate well and have good attention to detail.
13-02-2020, 20:10   #48
Summer2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luluk View Post
Looking for a good solicitor for a house purchase in Dublin 15 please. Currently with a solicitor based in Blanchardstown Village but level of service has been beyond terrible, so looking to change asap. Would appreciate recommendations for solicitors who communicate well and have good attention to detail.
My experience of all solicitors so far is poor communication and no attention to detail. It seems to be the exception to get a good one. Went off a recommendation here before for one in Tallaght village and she was beyond bad. Undercharged us by €700 (I figured it out and said nothing, waited for her to find the error). 6 months later got a Letter demanding the money or my property wouldn’t be registered with the land registry.
13-02-2020, 20:27   #49
Luluk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer2020 View Post
My experience of all solicitors so far is poor communication and no attention to detail. It seems to be the exception to get a good one. Went off a recommendation here before for one in Tallaght village and she was beyond bad. Undercharged us by €700 (I figured it out and said nothing, waited for her to find the error). 6 months later got a Letter demanding the money or my property wouldn’t be registered with the land registry.
Thanks, this is my first house purchase and I'm astonished at the incompetence and lack of communication I've seen so far. They never reply to my emails, don't know who I am when I call, and took two weeks to send me out documentation only to get my name wrong on every page along with getting the figures wrong by 100000 euro... It seems I could waste more time changing solicitor and end up in the same mess. Hard to know what's best really. At least I'm not the only one suffering.
13-02-2020, 21:08   #50
Dolbhad

I have mentioned this before. For house purchase you only need to visit your solicitor once to sign everything. You could think of getting recommendations of solicitors outside of Dublin. Could be cheaper, less busy and maybe better to deal with?
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
13-02-2020, 22:58   #51
Summer2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolbhad View Post
I have mentioned this before. For house purchase you only need to visit your solicitor once to sign everything. You could think of getting recommendations of solicitors outside of Dublin. Could be cheaper, less busy and maybe better to deal with?
House sale similar?
Also maybe a stupid question - do people use the same solicitor if selling a house and purchasing another ?
14-02-2020, 09:42   #52
lastusername

Hi folks,

Looking for a recommendation for a solicitor with good conveyancing experience in south Dublin or city centre?

Many thanks
14-02-2020, 11:18   #53
borus22222

I can recommend our solicitor. PM me for details.
14-02-2020, 19:10   #54
Dolbhad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer2020 View Post
House sale similar?
Also maybe a stupid question - do people use the same solicitor if selling a house and purchasing another ?
I would expect one visit to be enough to sign contracts and closing documents. Most other things should be able to be done over email.

I would use same solicitor for sale and purchase. I can imagine it would too messy otherwise having to update each solicitor. Esp if trying to balance a sale and purchase. Your loan offer may say the purchase is conditional on the sale of house for certain price or unconditional contracts etc. You don’t want to have to play go between two solicitors. I’d also try ask for a discount if they were going both.

Also if you found a house to buy, and found the auctioneer good, I would use them to sell your house. They would keep everyone informed and more likely to ensure the deal goes through (as they get two fees out of it).
Advertisement
15-02-2020, 05:10   #55
KilOit

Interested in a solicitor in south Dublin, knocklyon area. Mortgage switch

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size