Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Big Little Lies (HBO) [** Spoilers **]

• 05-01-2017 12:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 84,809 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Marje wrote: »
    Oscar winners Nicole Kidman and Reese Witherspoon could be coming to TV. The actresses have signed on to star in a limited series based on the New York Times best-selling book Big Little Lies, with David E. Kelley (The Crazy Ones) attached to write and executive-produce, EW has confirmed.
    From author Liane Moriarty, the subversive comedy tells the story of three mothers of kindergartners whose perfect lives begin to unravel to the point of murder.
    Kidman and her production banner Blossom Films, as well as Witherspoon and her banner Pacific Standard, optioned the rights to the book in August for a potential feature film, but the project will now be shopped as a limited series to various cable networks and streaming services. Kelley, Witherspoon, Kidman and Moriarty will all executive-produce.

Link

Looks to be shown on Sky Atlantic in March

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84,809 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

This starts tonight on HBO

David E. Kelley has wrote all 7 episodes based on Liane Moriarty’s novel with Jean-Marc Vallée directing

• Registered Users Posts: 55,444 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

OP updated with working trailer (previous one was broken).

I've heard great things about this so I can't wait to see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,981 ✭✭✭Unearthly

First 2 episodes are out there.

Very good start in my opinion. Good mystery and interested to see how it plays out

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭messy tessy

Really good! What a cast! Reese Witherspoon plays a great character in it.

It starts on Sky Atlantic on Monday March 13th at 9pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

Slow start, but enjoyable so far.

Reese Witherspoon is great, her character makes me laugh quite a bit.

Definitely feel it'll all kick off at some point, well worth watching.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Have watched the first 3 episodes. Really liking it.

The homes are absolutely spectacular :(

The homes are absolutely spectacular :(

The walk in wardrobe in Celeste's house is amazing!!

Really great episode this week - proper laugh out loud moments :D

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭frogstar

Haven't read the book so do not have any idea on the characters involved.

Reese (and I'm not a fan usually) and Laura Seen play great parts, as well as the men and children, love Ziggy.

Can't help but think that Nicole is completely mis cast in this. She's not all that and i think Elle McPherson or Denise Richards would be better cast. I think Nicole is the only thing that lets it down

It reminds me of a darker take on Desperate Housewives, so far Reese's Madeline is the mvp, show stealer for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Reese is excellent in this, can't take my eyes off her when she's on screen. The kid playing Woodley's son (Ziggy) is terrific. Excited to see where this goes. I like that there's suspicion surrounding every story line.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭whatever76

Ep2 tonight was great - really enjoying it ...Agree Reece is playing a blinder !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Excellent finale. Very clever.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Rfrip wrote: »
    Excellent finale. Very clever.

I had a feeling about halfway through the series that
    Perry was the rapist in Jane's flashbacks. Glad he finally got his comeuppance, the little sh!t

Have to say I thoroughly enjoyed that series from beginning to end (I binge watched the first 6 episodes over the weekend!). Top notch acting from the cast too, especially Kidman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Very good miniseries, though I attribute much of my fondness for it to salivating over Monterey.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭tupenny

Brilliant mini series. I didnt see that ending coming at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

Really loved this show. Nicole kidman looks awful now.though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

I think I'm very much in the minority here but I didn't love it. I think the hype around it is a bit much.

I anticipated the "reveal" at the end, mostly because of
    how Jane and Perry would be scheduled to be at the same event and Perry would have to work. They kept missing each other.
    and it made sense from the whole "soap opera" vibe of the show.

Don't get me wrong, It's well-made and there are some really nice performances (Witherspoon in particular was very good and it was a joy to watch Dern chewing up the scenery) but it felt like the satire didn't land properly. Like the whole thing just missed the mark in terms of tone. I think one of my primary joys watching the show was seeing the houses, as some have mentioned. My God.

I'm on episode 3 and loving it. Not gonna click on your spoilers. Music is great.

I stayed in Monterrey last year and it is a beautiful place. I've been on you tube listening to the soundtrack too. At the end of EP2, Celeste and her hubby danced to my wedding song! Harvest moon by Neil Young.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭claiva

Snoopy1 wrote: »

What ?
    She looked pretty good to me !!!!
    Considering she is nearly 50 years old.

She is in amazing shape.

Yes, a little too much botox and the wig was weird but other than that I thought she looked great.
    She never uses a body double either don't forget.

Most others do (for the nudey bits)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Finished this last night. Fantastic show. I see Witherspoon and Kidman are set to coproduce another adaptation from the same author. I'll be on the look out for that. Witherspoon particularly was great in this.

Absolutely loved this series. Very satisfying ending, which is rare these days! Every single actor was fantastic, from adults to the kids, but for me Shailene Woodley absolutely stole the screen. Fantastic actress.
    What an amazing ensemble of actors. Great scenery, great soundtrack. Loved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭WoolyJumper

Yeah I have to agree, everything worked for me. Great acting, soundtrack and the storyline built up nicely to a really satisfying ending. It was pretty funny at times and I genuinely felt tense throughout the entire final episode. Glad to hear Kidman and Witherspoon are working on another project together

Snoopy1 wrote: »

Nicole Kidman is absolutely gorgeous in this.

Nicole Kidman is absolutely gorgeous in this.

I thought she looked great too. I was never gone on her as an actress but she impressed me so much in this, especially her solo scenes with the therapist.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭youngblood

How do these 6 year olds have better musical taste than me????

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

youngblood wrote: »
    How do these 6 year olds have better musical taste than me????

This is one of the best mini-series Ive seen, and i went straight on spotify to to the playlist. The music is very good.

Is there a big little lies playlist on Spotify?

youngblood wrote: »
    Is there a big little lies playlist on Spotify?

Yep - Big Little Lies Soundtrack. Actually first thing I did too after the first episode. Thank you Madeline's daughter! Such good music.

• Advertisement

What an ending! Loved it!

Advertisement