Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graham Norton

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Just watching now. I love the way Graham Norton is always cracking up laughing along with the guests. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

I didn't find that in the episode with Bill Murray, Matt Damon and Hugh Bonneville that anyone was looking down on Bonneville or anything. It just looked like a bunch of lads who actually probably get along very well in reality getting drunk and talking sh*te and taking the piss. Thought there was great chemistry between them all and really nice atmosphere overall. One of the best episodes ever of the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,186 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

There's always a nice atmosphere with Graham Norton, he makes his guests feel at ease and relaxed.

The episode with Martin Sheen and Ed Byrne is a particular favourite of mine, the chemistry is just amazing, imagine RTE nabbed Norton to do Late Late?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

IvySlayer wrote: »
    There's always a nice atmosphere with Graham Norton, he makes his guests feel at ease and relaxed.

The episode with Martin Sheen and Ed Byrne is a particular favourite of mine, the chemistry is just amazing, imagine RTE nabbed Norton to do Late Late?

"You mean I'd have to talk about about death and cancer and rape and murder during a Friday night tv chatshow?"

GrahamNorton_large.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

This weeks episode was again very good.

Lower key guests, but Miriam Margoyles steals the show.

I liked Miriam and Dominic but i thought Lilly Allen came across as a rude b****! She just looked bored for most of it - when she wasn't talking.
    And her miming was horrendous.

But yes, Miriam was priceless as always!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,759 ✭✭✭sporina

when is graham norton repeated? i missed last friday..

• Registered Users Posts: 84,331 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

sporina wrote: »

It might be on the player for BBC and TV3 still

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

Never miss the show, fair play to Matt Damon who made a point of saying it was the best chat show he was ever on....and clearly meant it.

Never miss the show, fair play to Matt Damon who made a point of saying it was the best chat show he was ever on....and clearly meant it.

If he didn't like it, he would hijack and become the host like he did to Jimmy Kimmel :p

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    It might be on the player for BBC and TV3 still

no i wanna watch it on tv - i know its repeated on tv3 some eve?

absolutely - i even quoted this today to a buddy,.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

Apparently Bill Murray goes up to people in McDonalds, eats one of their fries and says "no one will believe you."

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

It's on Thursday at 10.20pm on 3e

And it's also on TV3 on Friday at 11.10pm (the same time as the next episode is on BBC1 NI)

Skid X wrote: »
    It's on Thursday at 10.20pm on 3e

And it's also on TV3 on Friday at 11.10pm (the same time as the next episode is on BBC1 NI)

thanks a million

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Apparently Bill Murray goes up to people in McDonalds, eats one of their fries and says "no one will believe you."

Isn't that an urban myth? He did do a house party tour once though, where he'd just go to random people's house parties, college students and such. He was also a bartender as South by Soutwest a couple of years ago with the Wu-Tang Clan of all people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Mr Pseudonym

My favourite Murray story is that, during a Q&A following the premier of Hyde Park on Hudson, a questioner asked what special affects had been used to give the impression FDR's polio-withered legs in the swimming pool scene. The audience laughter following the question indicated that none had been used. Murray paused..."That...is acting."

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

31 Reasons Bill Murray Is A National Treasure

Here he is on Letterman just a month ago, afaik that's his 3rd visit since last Sept, you could watch him all day on youtube & not get bored, one of a kind.

Afaik, this is the only clip i see of him on the LLS, but bear in mind Jason's mum does running commentary over it :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

I just saw this earlier on, i thought it was very funny, as Dave reminded him that he was one of the first guests on the show 20yrs ago & Bill sets out to show him something.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rvrMDhV600

Anyone see this week's show?

Russell Crowe seemed very taken with Kylie Minogue

• Registered Users Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

So did the young lad in the wax museum and whats the story with Diaz, she seems fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Ann Landers

I thought the show was utterly painful with the humourless Crowe and the eejity Diaz. It was all very stilted. Kylie seemed fun and Richard interesting enough, but neither of them could get a word in edgeways!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

The women aren't aging well.

Addle wrote: »
    The women aren't aging well.

In fairness, Crowe isn't either.

In fairness, Crowe isn't either.

I think he's hot!
    At least he doesn't look as plastic as a waxwork.

Addle wrote: »
    I think he's hot!
    At least he doesn't look as plastic as a waxwork.

I think Cameron looks well, and AFAIK is not a plastic surgery head.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Graham was caught out when Kylie talked about Des and Daphne in Neighbours, and he had to admit he had no idea who they were! He said he was too busy working to watch it.

I thought it was good. I felt sorry for Richard Ayoade stuck on the end of the couch, none of the others knew him and he hardly got a word in.

Skid X wrote: »

I thought it was good. I felt sorry for Richard Ayoade stuck on the end of the couch, none of the others knew him and he hardly got a word in.
    I think that's part of his charm.

I did lol at Cameron taking about her lady gardening and rubbing Richard's hair :p

i thought that they were both flirting with one another - if you recall the way they were both sitting - kinda facing one another.. there was serious chemistry between them IMO

i thought that they were both flirting with one another - if you recall the way they were both sitting - kinda facing one another.. there was serious chemistry between them IMO

They're both single at the moment too. Maybe we'll hear of a new coupling soon? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

It's an Amzing Spider Man 2 couch on Friday, Andrew Garfield, Emma Stone and Jamie Foxx.

Advertisement