Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good deal on Sunflower hearts if anyone interested

• 15-06-2019 8:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭

I find the these attract a wide range of small birds (finches/tits/ robin ect) and no mess but pricey when not on offer and could easily go through a couple of KGs quite quick.

Cheapest I could see off the shelf was Homebase, approx €33 for 12.5KG. If you have a parcelmotel account you can get 2x15KG for just over €31 in the UK with free shipping to Antrim and then the usual €7 oversize from PM so all in for 30KG €38. Worth while doing if you can get a number of bags in and divide between family. Not sure at what point PM oversized price would go up.

HB=€2.64
    UK=€1.27

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Snowc

Great price thanks for the post ,just goes to show how much profit pet stores make here:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

The corn store in ballyfermot sells unshelled and shelled sunflower seeds at 2.5 kilos for a 5 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭bkrangle

I usually buy from Amazon but tried to buy over the weekend and 23% VAT was added on (this did not happen with any of my many previous orders for bird feed)

There's no VAT if shipping to a UK address as bird feed is zero rated there but the 23% is added to Irish bird feed orders.

I checked the revenue.ie website and this suggested that bird feed was zero rated here as well unless it is designated for caged birds so I don't know what has happened to change Amazon's policy.

Advertisement