Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***Grant Regulations for Masters Students from 2012/2013 onward***

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭matchboxyouth

splashuum wrote: »
    Earlier this month I was only awarded a fee contribution by SUSI as I was over the threshold. I then asked for my outcome to be reviewed by applying online and included proof of my “change of circumstances”. Upon review I was granted the full award. I would advise people to do the same if you are receiving less income in 2018 in comparison to 2017.

Also does anyone know is postgrad maintanence paid monthly or in one “lump” sum?

I got a letter from SUSI today which said I've been awarded fees but not maintenance.

The letter I received is in three parts and in the third part it shows that they have added my household total assessed income as €21159, which is under the €23000 limit.
    The course I have been offered a place on is in Cork, 180km from my home address; and I am assessed as a mature dependant.
    As my father passed away in 2013 they were calculating only my mothers income and she has been on invalidity pension all of 2018. I was on the BTEA and JA for 2018 and was full time in college.(level 8)

The course is a masters (level 9) and I hold no other postgraduate degree. Has there been a mistake somewhere? From all I've read online about the requirements to qualify for a maintenance grant I was pretty certain that I did qualify, so was surprised and disappointed to see no mention at all.
    Is there a possibility that I will be receive another letter for the maintenance or does this look like something I should start appealing asap?

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭kapisko1PL

Does anyone know the current situation with master fees and possible scholarships, funding?

Wife is currently unemployed and is looking to go into a master or possibly a further education (some sort of HR degree or equivalent). Is there any funding available for that?

I am the only one working at 39k gross/year. We both live in Dublin and renting.

Advertisement