Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Optician or GP?

• 07-06-2019 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,352 ✭✭✭

I wanted someone to look in my eye as they have stung/felt gritty for the past 4 or5 days.

They said to make an appointment but I am out of town so I left it.

Would I be better to see a GP or an optician when I get home? (I have a medical card)

It is not too bad so long as I stop myself from rubbing them.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

amandstu wrote: »
    I wanted someone to look in my eye as they have stung/felt gritty for the past 4 or5 days.

They said to make an appointment but I am out of town so I left it.

Would I be better to see a GP or an optician when I get home? (I have a medical card)

It is not too bad so long as I stop myself from rubbing them.

I would see an optician as they will have the equipment to look at your eyes in.more depth than a GP. You can get a form approved by your local HSE office and the eye exam will be covered by your medical card

Advertisement