Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Restaurants doing take away - South Dublin

• 07-01-2021 3:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭

It’s my 10 year wedding anniversary tomorrow & would like to do something special-ish.
    The few places I know that were doing takeaway are closed for Jan.
    Can anyone recommend somewhere doing nice takeaways?
    Failing that, there’s always the chipper.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Hard to beat the chipper, in fairness, but I've really enjoyed food from Bloom (venison) and The Winding Stair (chateaubriand) in recent months. Both perfect for a special occasion.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭New2Dubs

This is exactly what I was after - thanks a mill.
    Both look fantastic - only issue is deciding between the two!

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

Bastible and mister S had good click and collect over the last few months, but I think they might be suspended for now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Dax is top quality

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭CharlieHaghy

Why not have a large mac Donald’s meal with all the trimmings?

• Advertisement

Plumped for Bloom - top quality food & generous portions - steak was enormous! Thanks Beernut for recommendation.

Glad you enjoyed. I had a second go of the Winding Stair chateaubriand myself. Couldn't face the dessert afterwards so that's on today's menu.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Galadriel

BeerNut wrote: »
    Glad you enjoyed. I had a second go of the Winding Stair chateaubriand myself. Couldn't face the dessert afterwards so that's on today's menu.

Does the food come cooked or do you have to throw it in the oven to reheat etc?

EDIT: Question stands for any of the restaurants, cheers!

Bloom delivered fully prepared & ready to eat. We nuked a couple of items as I prefer steaming hot food.

Galadriel wrote: »
    Does the food come cooked or do you have to throw it in the oven to reheat etc?
    There's a bit of assembly and reheating with the chateaubriand but the instructions are great. And it means you don't have to eat it as soon as it arrives.

• Advertisement
Advertisement