Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Lord Iveagh takes back the market.

Options
2»

Comments

wheres he been for 20 years?

I'm not versed on the legal side of it but i guess it couldn't be invoked unless a clear failure of the 1906 agreement was shown. 20 years in grand scheme of things isn't that long.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭BowWow

How ironic is it that the solicitor's name is Smithwick!

IIRC he's a member of the Kilkenny Smithwick brewing family and has acted for the Guinness family in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Bits_n_Bobs

L1011 wrote: »

I amend; aparthotel/future slum :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,731 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

What Irish person would take the title Lord from a country which occupied his homeland?

I'd rather a Lord than a slumlord.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,753 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

cisk wrote: »
    I'm not versed on the legal side of it but i guess it couldn't be invoked unless a clear failure of the 1906 agreement was shown. 20 years in grand scheme of things isn't that long.

it is the building is near failing down

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭bocaman

I regularly pass this building. The potential for developing a food market is there for all to see. However the building will have to undergo major renovations before this becomes a reality.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

L1011 wrote: »
    DCCs legal advice was that Martin Keanes sub-lease had been voided anyway as he had delivery timelines that clearly weren't met. Quite likely he'd be throwing money in the fire trying to challenge this.

Well, we shall soon find out :cool:

The Business Post today tells us that he has lodged a high court action against Lord Iveagh and DCC.

It also mentions an architectural report expressing concern over the deterioration and damage to the property.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,036 ✭✭✭✭neris

At 2.45 bit on ivegah markets

Advertisement