Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Self Build Home appliances fit out

• 13-01-2020 3:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

Hi all,

Im currently in the process of a self build at the stage the i really need to start narrowing down our option on kitchen appliance.

What sort of bands are people going for these days. With all the news about certain companies having to recall items im not sure where to go.

We need the following items

Integrated separate Larder Fridge/freezer --?
    Integrated Double oven -- Electrolux?
    Integrated dishwasher -- ?
    induction Hob -- Electrolux?
    Washer -- Boosh?
    Dryer -- Boosh?

Out kitchen crowd have put forward NordMende for all of the above but i assume that because they can make a commission from them?

Any help or comments on above would be great appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Depends on your budget and what you want.

We went with Neff for the oven because of the slide and hide door and we could get a digital model with no buttons to catch grease on the outside. We also went with Neff for the Hob, but it could have been Bosch, Siemens or another brand as well.

For the Dishwasher, Washing Machine, Dryer and Fridge we choose Bosch because we had them in my last place and they were going strong after 11 years.

We paid a premium for those brands so it does depend on what budget you have. If I had to choose I'd splash out on the Oven and Fridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,326 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

dots104 wrote: »
    Out kitchen crowd have put forward NordMende for all of the above but i assume that because they can make a commission from them?

Correct. The brand was purchased off the shelf by KAL, an Irish distributor. It has no connection whatsoever with the original Nordmende company which (along with Telefunken) was one of the first brands of colour TVs to arrive in Ireland in the 1970s.

Bad customer service, poor availability of parts. Avoid.

The OP on this thread bought all his appliances from Nordmende, don't make the same mistake .....

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057767447

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭dots104

coylemj wrote: »
    Correct. The brand was purchased off the shelf by KAL, an Irish distributor. It has no connection whatsoever with the original Nordmende company which (along with Telefunken) was one of the first brands of colour TVs to arrive in Ireland in the 1970s.

Bad customer service, poor availability of parts. Avoid.

The OP on this thread bought all his appliances from Nordmende, don't make the same mistake .....

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057767447

Great thanks thats what i was thinking. We'll look at getting the appliances sorted ourselves. Like all thing there is too much choice. Any other brand to stay away from?

Don

dots104 wrote: »
    Great thanks thats what i was thinking. We'll look at getting the appliances sorted ourselves. Like all thing there is too much choice. Any other brand to stay away from?

Happily I have no experiences with crap brands. I just replied here to say that I agree with poster gandalf above and his choice of brands as I have a Neff oven and hob and they're excellent and I also have a Bosch fridge/freezer and dishwasher and they're performing fine. Siemens and Bosch are effectively the same brand for white goods.

Thanks> think we're going to look at bosch for fridge/ freezer and see how the budget is for the neff cookers

• Advertisement

Anyone recommend any shops in particular other than usual big chains? Im Based in Meath

I have no experience with returns or warranty claims involving electrical appliances but have seen positive comments here about DID and post sales support.

For small appliances, I would always deal with Argos, they give you your money back or a replacement with zero hassle.

Advertisement