Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Veganuary 2020

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I got some yesterday in Supervalu and I was very impressed, they were gorgeous, sold out in our local shop in a day. It would be great if they were made by a 'meat' free company, but every step towards vegetarianism/veganism is a good step.

Yup and when every company is putting out vegan versions now it is less space on the shelves for their meat products, there's only a finite amount of space in a supermarket. To get a company to change to being vegan, first one product goes vegan, that is the beginning of any potential change. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Jjjjjjjjbarry

Got the Denny vegan sausages in SuperValu. They're game changing!!!

So is the new Chicago Town vegan pizza.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

Picked up Eden sausages in lidl last week. Ended up buying a few more packs, they're lovely!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Really recommend the meatless farm co sausages too, in dunnes, and the naturli mince mmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,981 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Still nothing with Dominos yet. They have had vegan pizzas in UK for 2 years now. Have they forgot about Irish market :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

Saw 2 pizzas in dunnes this eve (their own brand)

Jackfruit
    Chickpea tikka

I think that’s what the 2nd one was anyway. €2.50

• Registered Users Posts: 2,794 ✭✭✭Xcellor

Denny vegan sausages! hmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

Tilikum17 wrote: »
    Saw 2 pizzas in dunnes this eve (their own brand)

Jackfruit
    Chickpea tikka

I think that’s what the 2nd one was anyway. €2.50

Had these last night. The bbq jackfruit one was quite sweet. My OH said the tikka one was spicy but I didnt taste it. Didnt blow my mind tbh. I added some smoked mozzarisella and that helped matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

I treated myself to a sausage sambo for breakfast, and while they did taste exactly like a sausage, they left a weird greasy taste in my mouth for hours.

• Advertisement
Advertisement