Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

CRT madness!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,369 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Can I has that Hantarex cube :D

o1s1n wrote: »
    Can I has that Hantarex cube :D

Remember the ones we had before ?
    Shame we never got them going.
    I even brought mine to a old school tv repair guy and he got nowhere,he was out of the game 20years in fairness!

Master of the Universe

Remember the ones we had before ?
    Shame we never got them going.
    I even brought mine to a old school tv repair guy and he got nowhere,he was out of the game 20years in fairness!

Oh yeah! Think I stuck up a post about that years ago.

Here ya go!

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin//showpost.php?p=87263645&postcount=6888

Yeah I never got any working unfortunately. Went to the recycling centre in the end :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭geotrig

nice finds ,hopefully someone gets their hands on them !!

Master of the Universe

I quite like the look of that Mitsubishi commercial set too, reminds me of the one my parents bought in the 80s.

Only discovered recently that Mitsubishi and NEC were the same CRT manufacturer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭safetyboy

I just took one as that would all that could fit in my lift, looking fwd to testing it, says no sound on it is there an external speaker source? Its the one Oishin was talking about. so any one any ideas how to set this up let me know, is there special BNC connectors needed etc?

Master of the Universe

safetyboy wrote: »
    I just took one as that would all that could fit in my lift, looking fwd to testing it, says no sound on it is there an external speaker source? Its the one Oishin was talking about. so any one any ideas how to set this up let me know, is there special BNC connectors needed etc?

You got the BVM2015p with the key and the drawer? Excellent.

You'll need a scart to BNC cable, then you'll be good to go.

No speaker on these no. The scart/BNC cable will have a 3.5mm jack on it so just run that to some pc speakers or a hifi.

Master of the Universe

Here's what you need (the audio actually goes to 2 RCA jacks rather than a 3.5mm audio but you can get little adapters for that if you've no RCA inputs)

https://www.retrogamingcables.co.uk/sony-pvm-scart-converter-bnc?search=bnc

What's the story with the other monitors btw? Reckon they wouldnt mind if someone else popped by or do you reckon they're gone now?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Here's what you need (the audio actually goes to 2 RCA jacks rather than a 3.5mm audio but you can get little adapters for that if you've no RCA inputs)

What's the story with the other monitors btw? Reckon they wouldnt mind if someone else popped by or do you reckon they're gone now?

I was able to set my RGB/BNC so that I only needed one set of those linked to cables from a Bandridge scart switcher and then just bung a bunch of RGB consoles into it, works a treat!
    I'll probably have to buy a couple more though, as I'll need a set per BNC hogging display

Master of the Universe

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I was able to set my RGB/BNC so that I only needed one set of those linked to cables from a Bandridge scart switcher and then just bung a bunch of RGB consoles into it, works a treat!
    I'll probably have to buy a couple more though, as I'll need a set per BNC hogging display

Yep that's spot on what I have in my setup too, works great.

The front of the bandridge actually has a 3.5mm audio jack on it too, so I don't bother using the audio cables on the BNC to scart cable and just take audio from there instead.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Yep that's spot on what I have in my setup too, works great.

The front of the bandridge actually has a 3.5mm audio jack on it too, so I don't bother using the audio cables on the BNC to scart cable and just take audio from there instead.

Same... I think... Either way it works a treat!

I sent brown finger the details but i will get back on to them today as they will only deal with me for some reason. leave it with me.

Edge of my seat here....

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Edge of my seat here....

contact brown finger, but mention my name jay if he hasnt gotten them.

I haven't heard a peep .
    I can get them collected anytime (I think)

mention myself and Ella shes my buddy that got me them.

Mention myself and Ella as she is my buddy that got me them.

I did but he said he had to talk to his boss???
    I don't want to badger him.maybe I'll what's app him on Monday.

I did but he said he had to talk to his boss???
    I don't want to badger him.maybe I'll what's app him on Monday.
    Ill do it for you if you do my egret

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Ill do it for you if you do my egret

Still definitely interested in one of these bad boys. So if extra lifting hands are required give me a shout

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,211 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

So, do we have a CRT geometry fixing wizard on A&R? The 21inch Sony Trini needs some work and it's a mind melt to me. There are CRT service folks out there in/around Dublin right?

I've been in touch with the guys, If you are taking them taken for yourself and not to flog on please, I'll let you know tomorrow.

I've been in touch with the guys, If you are taking them taken for yourself and not to flog on please, I'll let you know tomorrow.

I solemnly swear if I get my hands on one of these it'll be for personal use only!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Absolutely would not even try to sell anything like this on.

Exceptionally rare I ever sell anything on tbh. If I’ve no use for something I just pass it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Get a free savage CRT and flog it on and you know what happens.....

A man with a 6 inch Sony PVM for a head shows up to your house and blows your head up with a degaussing wand

Master of the Universe

Get a free savage CRT and flog it on and you know what happens.....

A man with a 6 inch Sony PVM for a head shows up to your house and blows your head up with a degaussing wand

Totally 100% legit

081219-wpvi-cnn-vsd-tv-prankster-vid.jpg

Totally 100% legit

081219-wpvi-cnn-vsd-tv-prankster-vid.jpg
    :) ordered that BNC cable, how long id delivery from that company. my BNC is still in my mates jeep :eek:

Master of the Universe

:) ordered that BNC cable, how long id delivery from that company. my BNC is still in my mates jeep :eek:

They're usually quite good, based in the UK so I'd say you'd probably have it within a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Anyone else get the email from retro gaming cables about their supply from China for a few cables delayed.

Some big companies around here all saying the supply from China is being delayed too. The virus over there must be pretty bad and trying to be kept quite

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Also meant to say, that cable will get you the best RGB picture you can.

However, if you're eager to get it tested now, your monitor more than likely has a composite input too. All you need is one cable for that.

It's really simple actually, just connect a composite video cable out of a console into one of these and that'll go right into the BNC composite input on the monitor.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BNC-Plug-to-Phono-Socket-Adapter-Gold-Plated-Composite-Video-Cable-to-CCTV/383002811809?hash=item592cbf1da1:g:TfAAAOSw8iJeKiCM

I actually have a bag of them if you want one.

Advertisement