Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Businesses opening in Dublin 15

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Zaph wrote: »
    Phew, I was getting very worried there. Was that not a Carryout beside The Greyhound?

Was a Molloys years ago anyway... might have been a Carryout recently. Probably why it failed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

It was a Molly's last time I was there.

Why would it being a Carry Out make it a likely reason for failure?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Didn't they close their Santry branch a while back?

It was definitely closed (but fully stocked, for some reason) the last few times I was in Omni

• Registered Users Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭AlanG

With Camille, Insomnia and Mao opening it will make a big difference to the look of blanch village Insomnia will have a decent seating area which is great and will bring people into the village. Mao has planning for 18 seats in a fast food sort of layout so that is not too bad. Camille even have a few seats which is better than just take away. Hopefully Fingal will ensure all these places keep their seating once opened.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,712 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

AlanG wrote: »
    With Camille, Insomnia and Mao opening it will make a big difference to the look of blanch village Insomnia will have a decent seating area which is great and will bring people into the village. Mao has planning for 18 seats in a fast food sort of layout so that is not too bad. Camille even have a few seats which is better than just take away. Hopefully Fingal will ensure all these places keep their seating once opened.

Where is Insomnia going?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Where is Insomnia going?

In the old AIB building, across from The Greyhound.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

amdublin wrote: »
    I've rejoined Dublin 15 bikram yoga after about a year/year and half. Boy is it sooooooo much harder to get any kind of parking space for a class in the industrial park where it's located. Apparently due to all the businesses there now, and must be doing well too. Good to hear.

*I'm parking literally across the road (near the paint shop) for my classes so no problem!

Its very busy there these days, ive stopped using the chipper because of the lack of parking.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Hilly Bill wrote: »
    Its very busy there these days, ive stopped using the chipper because of the lack of parking.

I hear ya! Could you park on the road or across the road? Rather than going into the ind estate.

I don't like to hear of a man missing out on his chipper because of parking.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Assume ye're referring to Coolmine? It really seems to have the most unusual mix of tenants not normally seen in industrial estates. I once had to go into the Blanchardstown Job Centre there and the same building seemed to house a pizzeria, hair extensions shop and ethnic food store. Similar mix of shops in other parts of the estate! Not sure I like the idea of all these retail shops all laid out in such a disorganised fashion. Would look nicer if they were part of an organised street with traditional shopfronts. Assuming cheap rents are the attraction for them. The butchers and baby store strip at the front in the old car dealers looks somewhat more attractive with nicer shopfronts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,834 ✭✭✭Arciphel

ongarboy wrote: »
    The Art & Hobby chain are opening a shop in the Centre and looking for staff. Another good store to add to the retail mix there.

http://www.blanchardstowncentre.ie/exciting-retail-opportunities

Was there tonight and the Art & Hobby shop is now open, on the lower level across from the fountain where Lifestyle sports used to be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

Arciphel wrote: »
    Was there tonight and the Art & Hobby shop is now open, on the lower level across from the fountain where Lifestyle sports used to be.

This is bad news for my wallet. When it was in Omni it was easier to avoid! :)

Has anyone tried Camile yet - it seemed to open during the week?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Mao seems to be ready to go too. Not sure if it's open yet but they have all the signs up and stuff.

Not quite a new business opening but I see in today's Sunday Business Post that Ryan's Garage on the Main Street is relocating and the site is now for sale for commercial/mixed use development. That could also help further enhance the village if the right mix of new tenants move in to whatever will be developed.

ongarboy wrote: »
    Not quite a new business opening but I see in today's Sunday Business Post that Ryan's Garage on the Main Street is relocating and the site is now for sale for commercial/mixed use development. That could also help further enhance the village if the right mix of new tenants move in to whatever will be developed.

Does it say where they are going

Maybe they are moving into the new car showroom that is going to be built next to the new Maxol on the N3...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,856 ✭✭✭dodzy

Arciphel wrote: »
    Maybe they are moving into the new car showroom that is going to be built next to the new Maxol on the N3...

I had heard that this was going to be a commercial vehicle set-up ?

It was just a real estate advert for the site. No mention of where Ryan's were relocating.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,375 ✭✭✭fletch

Has anyone tried Camile yet - it seemed to open during the week?
    Yes, tried it at the weekend...
    Bit of a disaster really...went in to collect and waited over 30 mins...heard the guy on the phone saying there was a 2hr wait for delivered :eek:
    In saying that, they were keeping people waiting well fed. By the time my food arrived I had eaten so much free stuff, I wasn't that hungry :)
    My food was ready about 10mins before my partners so by the time (partly our fault as we ordered separately although at the exact same time) we got home mine was cold and needed microwaving.
    We complained while we were there and got a free €10 voucher.
    If I was ordering again, I would order in advance (on the same bill so food arrives together) and go down and collect it.
    The food itself was very nice but they definitely need to improve the service (although they had bundles of staff and every cooker on the go)

Toys R Us has opened, went in to have a look around. Very expensive! I'd say easily 20-30% dearer than Smyths.

• Advertisement

Will have a look, the little one wants a Flickr for her birthday so will shop around.

Tried Camile last night - very impressed with my noodles dish, not so impressed with the curry dish we got. I rang in advance and the food was ready when I got there 15 mins later. There was some confusion about the order but it was ok in the end and we got free cashew nuts so that was good. We wanted a sharing size portion that they had on the online menu but they didn't do or know about that option in Blanchardstown, so we went for the two mains for 20 take away option which was pretty good value.
    The shop was really nice and there were a good few customers around. It has seating for around 18 people. Camile has definitely added to the village and hopefully Diep, Mao and Camile will all survive.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭MrMaki

I was waiting long for this shop as on the other side of the boarder they have really good prices.
    Went there today to find that they got mad... 1tb ps4 €493, bought the same one 3weeks ago in argos for €
    Lego star wars large set €188, same one in Smyths €139.

I'm really surprised does toys r us thinks celtic tiger times are back?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭Staplor

I was in there too, they certainly are pricey, I had picked up a toy for the kid the night before in Tesco for €6.99, it was €8.99 in there, and looking at other toys they were all quite pricey.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Gate Automation

they tray second time and still did not take lesson after first time ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,475 ✭✭✭daymobrew

MrMaki wrote: »
    I saw that too.
    I saw that the Twister game was 2 euro cheaper in Toys R Us (15.99 vs 17.99). It was the only item I checked - just a random check.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

TRU are clearly stocking stuff through the UK and shoving a further margin on top.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,125 ✭✭✭beer enigma

MrMaki wrote: »
    I was waiting long for this shop as on the other side of the boarder they have really good prices.
    Went there today to find that they got mad... 1tb ps4 €493, bought the same one 3weeks ago in argos for €

I'm really surprised does toys r us thinks celtic tiger times are back?

Surprised at that as I did all of my lego shopping in ToysRus Newry at Christmas as they were so much cheaper than Smyths - even including the petrol I still saved.

That star wars set is £129.99 stg in Newry now which equates to roughly €180 ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

Andip wrote: »
    Surprised at that as I did all of my lego shopping in ToysRus Newry at Christmas as they were so much cheaper than Smyths - even including the petrol I still saved.

That star wars set is £129.99 stg in Newry now which equates to roughly €180 ?

Smyths appear to aggressively discount Lego after it has been on sale for a few months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Tried Camile. It only took 15 minutes to deliver (it was at 10 on a weeknight though!) and the food was really good.

Has Mao opened yet?

Advertisement