Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Neighbourhood Watch Merged Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭quank

• Registered Users Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Cheers for the link, got to be the one yeah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭triple-M

I actually saw a car getting chased by an undercover mondeo pass the wrong way around a roundabout outside my house in mulhuddart,I think it was a dark colored megane or laguna,could this be the same one you's are talking about

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

Was just driving past Laurel Lodge there about 20 mins ago ... about 4 patrol cars full blues and sirens flew past into Laurel Lodge.

Anyone know what's up?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭peteypop

they were on there way to dominos:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭Keith186

Random wrote: »
    Was just driving past Laurel Lodge there about 20 mins ago ... about 4 patrol cars full blues and sirens flew past into Laurel Lodge.

Anyone know what's up?

Thanks

My g/f works in HSE and she told me there was a swine flu outbreak :D

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭glossy

peteypop wrote: »
    they were on there way to dominos:D

pmsl :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Febe00

Hi, Does any one know what happened in Beechfield last night? The Garda had the road blocked off and had all cones on the ground. The Garda just said it was a serious assault. there was blood on the footpath.

Does anyone know what happened? Is the person ok?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 DAnlee

Hi All,

Just wondering did anyone hear any gun shots at bout 3 am in the Clonsilla Road area of Coolmine last night? (Monday the 26th)/ Any1 know what it was about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭Enii

DAnlee wrote: »
    Hi All,

Just wondering did anyone hear any gun shots at bout 3 am in the Clonsilla Road area of Coolmine last night? (Monday the 26th)/ Any1 know what it was about?

Could it have been bangers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Stinjy

I'd say it was mostlikely bangers.. you would have heard about someone being shot if it was a gun shot.. (imo)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Not to mention the Garda cars and general fracas surrounding it.

There's often sounds like this between bangers, the odd car-crash etc. No need to worry about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,108 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Living in Manorfields & was awoken at approx 1am this morning by a couple of blokes attempting to break in to my house through the back, they'd climbed over the boundary wall between my house & the neighbours (in turn breaking the timber section of it) which thankfully set off the sensor security light which alerted me, they scarpered out the side entrance when i shouted at them to clear off & that i was calling the garda & they both jumped into a waiting white coloured ford transit van (the type with the raised roof) which had a NI or GB reg (yellow number plate on rear), sadly i was unable to get the number as it drove off rather sharpish.

Whatever about break-in's when people are out & a house is empty, to have this happen while i was asleep upstairs with my family was quite unnerving i must admit, although all my doors and windows are locked & checked every evening & i have an alarm i'll be upgrading the front & rear doors today with additional dead bolt locks, any additional security will help my peace of mind... anyway was just wondering has anyone else from the area have anything similar happen and did if so were the garda able to do anything? This is the first time anything like this has ever happened to me & i'm not sure if theres anything i can do or whetehr to just mark it down for experience & be mindful to make the house as secure as possible.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭Enii

Sorry to hear about your experience but it was lucky that they didn't get in to your house.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll consider extra security measures for my house.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭gollyitsolly

My friends house on the Clonsilla road was broken into a few weeks ago. Well not broken,they walked in the hall door. My friend has a door that you push up the handle on the inside and lock it. She didnt have it locked because her son wasnt home. The robbers put a wire through the letterbox and pulled down the handle. They must have been disturbed because the hall table was outside the front door and the door was wide open when they got up in the morning. Probably looking for car keys. My friend and her husband never heard a thing. Scary. I alwaysbring my handbag and car keys up to bed with me. And my dog sleeps on the end of my bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Gone Fishin

My Aunts house in East Wall was broken into a couple of weeks back. The go out at a particular time on a particular day, so they were obviously watching the house. My cousin arrived home early to find two of them in the Kitchen, they scarpered over the back wall and into a waiting Van. Not sure of the reg either but it could be a crew doing the rounds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 LiveRock

Hi Everyone,
    Does anyone know what happened in Collegewood in Castleknock on Friday night? What can only be described as SCUM has moved into the neighborhood recently and they held the party to beat all partys on Friday night. I am in my mid 30s and have been at lots of partys in my time but I have never seen anything like the total disrespect for other residents as I did on Friday. I heard the "F*Ck THE NEIGHBOURS, THEY'RE ONLY A LOAD OF POSH CUN!S" being shouted a number of times from their balcony on Friday night. Neighbors of mine confronted them and they were told to "**** off or we'll do ya in and torch your car".

Later in the night they took a car and started joyriding through the estate and doing doughnuts on the main road outside Kavenagh Hall - They could have destroyed peoples cars. I couldn't believe my eyes!! Half the estate were watching in total shock!!

I bought a house in Collegewood three years ago and i have never come across any problems before - I don't mind anyone having a party, we all work bloody hard to live in a nice area but this behaviors is unacceptable. We need to get these scumbags out! Will people please get onto Smith Management and tell them what happened - we need them out!!

God, they sound like a nightmare. Smiths will send them a written warning. Thats about it. I would report them to the guards for threatening to burn you or your property. The guards wll probably be able to find out more about them. You need to get your neighbours to back you up.

Im on the roads quite a bit. I,ll keep an eye out for that van.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 baldyback

Saw and heard it alright - Saw them piss off the balcony onto the parked cars too. Been trying to get the management company this morning but as usual there's nobody there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭rocco

I am living in Little pace and I had a laptop stolen out of my car on Friday night. It was an old piece of junk with no resale value at all and nothing on it of personal value . I stupidly left it in the front side passenger foot well. That's all they took left an expensive pair of sun glasses which were in the glove box. . A girl on the road said a few cars had been done in the area recently. Never any issues with house theft (touch wood) , I have a big retriever who sleeps in the kitchen he wouldn't be happy if someone got in....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Victor_M

It's being taken care of, this evening! I will post any update about this when I have one.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,007 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Victor_M wrote: »
    It's being taken care of, this evening! I will post any update about this when I have one.

Care to explain, Victor_M?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Frogy

About 3 weeks ago in Luttrellstown someone was going around all the cars to see if any of the doors were open and going through the glove compartments. A neighbour a few doors up had small items taken. Have not heard anything since then.

Gaspode wrote: »
    Care to explain, Victor_M?

Not until it's been dealt with fully, suffice to say there should be an eviction order issued later on this evening.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,644 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Shocking behavior.

Makes you wonder did the landlord/letting agent get references or even care who they were renting to??

Any update now Victor M?

Not as of yet! I will speak to the property manager in the morning, hopefully he will have spoken to the SCUM, it's been pretty dark in that Apartment since Saturday morning, someone may have got to them before me! I'll give a full update as soon as I have confirmation that they are out, hopefully the property manager (not Smiths, this apartment is let and managed by a company in Drumcondra) will realise the seriousness of it and act, and not get greedy over the rent and be reluctant to throw them out. If he does I have a plan B in mind anyway, lets hope it doesn't come to that.

They Should be gone by the end of the week!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭dodgyme

Victor_M wrote: »
    I have a plan B in mind anyway, lets hope it doesn't come to that.

what was plan 'b'? Just curious

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Leprechaun77

The latest trend from what I hear is that these guys are breaking into Eircom/Bord Gais vans just to rob the high visibility vests with the logos. They are then sounding out housing estates to see which homes are vacant during the day. These vests make them look official. They can also nudge against doors etc to see if alarms are on/triggered. When I heard this, it start making sense as I have often seen men walking past the front window glancing in, (and not even having the courtesy of dropping in leaflets for me to sweep up:eek:)

Advertisement