Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Post pics of your watches ***Please NO QUOTING PHOTOS***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,503 ✭✭✭baldbear

SNIP

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,071 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

baldbear take a two day break for trolling.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Here's my Tag, I also have a Yves Behar motion watch, which is a bit out there, I'll post photos of that another time.

img4825.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

my last and current watch, both g-shocks, still looking for my ideal dress watch, but still with that sporty look, the rugged g-shock doesn't go great with the shirt and cufflinks

DSC00183.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,071 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Gshock and dress watch?

G011D-1A.jpg
    G Shock G011D-1A

sorted. :) well kinda.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

nice, bout how much will one of those set me back

From what I gather around 200 quid online

• Registered Users Posts: 64,766 ✭✭✭✭unkel

@Wibbs - some collection you have there!
    Cyrus wrote: »
    the aquaracer is a non chrono

this is the lad, should be here today

IMG_2421.jpg

Beautiful watch. Very nice indeed. Gets my vote of the best looking watch on this thread :)

Here's a picture taken from the interweb of the same watch as mine. I've had it since '96:

img1007fq3.jpg

I tend to prefer the simpler dials myself. Must be the shortsightedness:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Fabritzo

ah i get you now, i do like a chrono, very handy on the rare occasion i cook

the aquaracer is a non chrono

this is the lad, should be here today

IMG_2421.jpg

I wouldn't be a tag fan but that's a handsome watch, any more details about it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭gaz wac

Hi,

Dont know how to upload pix :o so here is mine...

http://www.professionalwatches.com/seikovelatura_oceanracer-thumb.jpg

used to have the old verson ( when you could twist the front, but left it in a filed after training :() it was a prez for my 18th or 21st so gutted !!!!

love the kinetic's

• Registered Users Posts: 19,670 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Fabritzo wrote: »
    I wouldn't be a tag fan but that's a handsome watch, any more details about it?

Dont have it long but the basics are its a 1000ft dive watch, automatic (base eta 2824 swiss movement)

here are some 'artier' pics

DSC04362.jpg
    DSC04364.jpg
    DSC04365.jpg
    DSC04358.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Bill-e

I got this watch back in 2006. Not really a watch person until this time.
    I often get complimented on it even now and it looks just the same as it did except the black Tachymeter text has come off. IMO the most important feature for a watch is comfort. With this one unless I look I don't even know I'm wearing it...

watch.jpg?action=view&current=watch.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

here's mine don't have a picture of it, the face is blue on mine :) and the hands arnt so bulbuss at the end....

Swatch__YRS_406G_Fool_Fly.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Noffles

Here's mine, INTERNET picture but you get the idea, as someone else has said they like Seiko stuff... as do I ... Although I'd love a Breitling one day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

This is mine. :)

pulsar-pf3753x1-chronograph-watch-large.jpg

that Grand Seiko SBGM003 is pronography.......

stuning watch slumph.... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Ass

this is a thread for people to post pictures of their watch, your contribution has been to slag someone off but post none yourself

If you must insist...

Ass wrote: »
    If you must insist...

loks lovely, quite fitting :pac:

Here's mine, swatch watch my every day watch. Ive got an old Omega think its dateing back to about 1950s, left to me buy my grandad (not shore on that) and another one I cant remember:).. Yup i know the date has'nt been changed eather :D...

qnn3mh.jpg

Il have a pic of the other two when im back home at my perent's:)

• Advertisement

Ass keep on topic. Stop trolling and if you pull that guff again you'll get a long ban for your trouble. Infracted

BTW I've deleted other users posts referring to the offending posts as a clean up. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭Darwin

Great forum, I'm always on the lookout for new watches. Anyway, here's a few watches I've accumulated over the years:

Festinas.jpg
    I picked up both Festina chronos at different times on sale in the watch shop on the ground floor in the square Tallaght. They are a bit on the heavy side to wear though. The middle watch is a Sector Mountain Master which has a lot of sports features including altimeter, barometer, storm alarm etc. I bought it on ebay from Italy, but had to return it as it was damaged in transit. The shop sent it off for repair and 4 months later I still don't have it back :mad: I may end up buying another...

Tissot.jpg
    I pictured the Sector again for size comparisons against the Suunto Core - a similar watch in terms of the feature set (barometer, thermometer etc) The Suunto is really comfortable to wear despite its size - I tend to wear it a lot in the summer when exercising as the whole watch is easy to clean. Changing the battery is a cinch too. The Tissot on the left is a T-Race with a sapphire crystal - a nice sized watch that keeps good time.

Citizen.jpg
    This is a Citizen Skyhawk A/T with a titanium case and bracelet, it's really light to wear. Its solar powered and receives nightly updates from the atomic clock in Germany so timekeeping is spot on.

timex.jpg
    I picked this up on ebay as well for a third of the normal retail price. I haven't seen any for sale in Ireland, a pity as Timex have really moved upmarked with this new line of watches. It also has a sapphire crystal and built in compass.

Casio.jpg
    My oldest watch, a casio pathfinder from 1996. It's still running ok but needs a new battery. It has a nice twincept display where the digits appear to float above the hands. It now sits in a drawer collecting dust :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭anthony4335

Dont have pics at the moment, but this is what is use weekly
    Omega Seamaster pro coaxial blue face (pride and joy)
    seiko kinitic ,The great blue
    2 Citizen pro-masters one all metal with blue face the other black resin strap
    Casio g-shock solar
    Tag F1 black face metal strap.

Several swatch watches not in use an accurist and a few older casios, including the beloved calculator phone database watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,964 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

An old Seiko chronograph from the 70's. The strap isn't original and is pretty awful, I must replace it with something decent:

3374689726_aa0e0314ee.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭jimboddb

Cyrus what model is that new tag you've got? Beautiful watch imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

jimboddb wrote: »
    Cyrus what model is that new tag you've got? Beautiful watch imo

Aquaracer Automatic according to the dial

Sean_K wrote: »
    Aquaracer Automatic according to the dial

correct :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭jimboddb

Ah lads I can see that!! but what exact model is it? Thats like saying its a bmw 3 series when i wanna know is it a 316 or a 325!

• Advertisement

jimboddb wrote: »
    Ah lads I can see that!! but what exact model is it? Thats like saying its a bmw 3 series when i wanna know is it a 316 or a 325!

lol sorry its

Model: WAB2010.BA0804

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement