Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Businesses opening in Dublin 15

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭raheny red

miamee wrote: »
    The first thing I thought when I saw it is it's going to be fleeced...very wide open.

Ha, good point. Seemed like they had a trolley blocking the "exit" at the fridges.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

raheny red wrote: »
    Nice layout for the new Tom Stanley's newsagents in the Centre.

Where abouts is it located?

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭LorelaiG

ongarboy wrote: »
    Where abouts is it located?

Across from boots

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Daeltaja

Work has started up on Lidl on the Clonsilla Link Road. Pallets of materials are on-site. I wonder how long the build will take?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

The old Brophys shop on Clonsilla Road is being relaunched as Taste of Provence patisserie and boulangerie.

Notions!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Sounds great. That’s definitely something that’s missing from the area. Hope it’s decent and not just a bunch of bought-in stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

The old Brophys shop on Clonsilla Road is being relaunched as Taste of Provence patisserie and boulangerie.

Notions!

What’s wrong with having a decent Bakery in the area?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭Phil.x

Pat Dunne wrote: »

Not posh enough! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

I wondering to my self earlier why they didn't design the aldi portion of the extension at the red entrance, like the lidle in Castleknock. Car underneath and lidle above. That would add more car parking.

Umm, nothing? I'm very much in favour

• Advertisement

Speaking of bakeries, there’s a guy in Ongar who delivers fresh sourdough at the weekend. The delivery area is pretty small but you can also order for collection. You need to order the day before at least. The bread is decent and he also does a couple of sweet things that we haven’t tried.

https://sourdoughandbeyond.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Notions!

Sorry for asking a similar question again to my last post but where exactly is this? Living in Ongar/Clonsilla 15 years but I've never heard of Brophys!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 11,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

It was most recently a Mace/Centra I think and is very close to the Garden House on the Clonsilla Road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

ongarboy wrote: »
    Sorry for asking a similar question again to my last post but where exactly is this? Living in Ongar/Clonsilla 15 years but I've never heard of Brophys!

Opposite the crdit union.

https://www.google.com/maps/@53.3886617,-6.3818847,3a,75y,145.15h,82.22t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sY_q0c0Ey0pEZEksmCFw-pw!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

I still think of it as Brophys. Probably hasn't been that in 20yrs+

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

beauf wrote: »
    Opposite the crdit union.

https://www.google.com/maps/@53.3886617,-6.3818847,3a,75y,145.15h,82.22t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sY_q0c0Ey0pEZEksmCFw-pw!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

I still think of it as Brophys. Probably hasn't been that in 20yrs+

I remember wrecking the poor heads of those who use to work there whenever having to pick out jellies and that from behind screen below the counter, which was along the left-hand side of the shop right when you came in the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Hiitsme

I remember it as Brophy's too. Mrs Brophy ran a good shop, it never the same after she sold up.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Rather weirdly when it was a Mace (or for at least part of the time) it was actually owned by the doctor with the surgery out back

Anyway, 'Taste of Provence' is opening on March 1st apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭miss misty

Open now ...looks fantastic. Official opening on 1st March

• Registered Users Posts: 3,103 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Anyway, 'Taste of Provence' is opening on March 1st apparently.
    miss misty wrote: »

Really hopeful for this, a good bakery in the area would be great and something I'd make a d-tour for. Any idea of prices for the staples yet.
    While I like the rustic wholemeal baguette Tesco have in their section I'm so sick of them never having any stock of any baked goods. Totally defeats the purpose of having an in-house bakery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Really hopeful for this, a good bakery in the area would be great and something I'd make a d-tour for. Any idea of prices for the staples yet.
    While I like the rustic wholemeal baguette Tesco have in their section I'm so sick of them never having any stock of any baked goods. Totally defeats the purpose of having an in-house bakery.

I have held the belief that the Tesco’s in Roselawn is a poorly managed shop with regard to selection and availability of products. The Management (not ordinary staff) have a take it or leave it attitude in regard of customer service, there also appears to be poor staff moral over many years.
    Tesco’s have missed the boat in D15 completely, when you compare some of their other shops at Cabra, Liffey Valley, Finglas, Darndale and Maynooth.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,991 ✭✭✭Caranica

I have held the belief that the Tesco’s in Roselawn is a poorly managed shop with regard to selection and availability of products. The Management (not ordinary staff) have a take it or leave it attitude in regard of customer service, there also appears to be poor staff moral over many years.
    Tesco’s have missed the boat in D15 completely, when you compare some of their other shops at Cabra, Liffey Valley, Finglas, Darndale and Maynooth.

Precisely. I was there the other night at around 9.30pm and it was like an assault course with towers of boxes everywhere and stock trollies blocking the aisles. I generally use shop and collect, or go to Cabra

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

I agree, its an awful shop. Incredibly cramped and difficult to find anything. If you compare it to Supervalu or the Tesco in Cabra it looks completely dated and awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭AlanG

miss misty wrote: »

Do they have a seating area or is it all takeaway? Is there an actual bakery on site?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Hiitsme

AlanG wrote: »
    Do they have a seating area or is it all takeaway? Is there an actual bakery on site?

I called in today. It's early days ... I hope it gets better. The selection of French baked goods on sale was somewhat limited. They did have baguettes, croissants and a few pastries. The deli section was what you see in any Spar (sausage, lettuce, coleslaw, tomato ... nothing authentically French). They had a small selection of groceries in the corner (I saw boxes of Cornflakes and your typical Irish brands). There are a few seats inside and outside. They are having a grand opening on Sunday 1st March with free coffee ☕ I will call in to support this new venture. I would love it to be a proper French bakery but at the moment it's a cafe/deli/shop selling French pastries, baguettes, sandwiches and groceries.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭AlanG

Hiitsme wrote: »
    I called in today. It's early days ... I hope it gets better. The selection of French baked goods on sale was somewhat limited. They did have baguettes, croissants and a few pastries.

My wife and one kid went around on Sunday. There was a steady stream of people in the door. The selection of breads and pastries was limited but the croissants were far fresher and far better tasting than Tesco and I think a bit better than SuperValu. It was 1:50 for a croissant and about 1:85 for a pan ou chocolate so the prices are somewhat higher than the competition.
    Overall a very good addition to the area and good quality food. Coffee is Lavazza so very tasty.
    The people in charge seemed to be Romanian so not sure if there is a French link.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Got some cakes there yesterday, I didn't eat them but I was told they were amazing. They looked very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Fiddle Castro

Elephant & Castle, Wow Burger & Dollard & Co. pizza are all listed on Just Eat & Deliveroo with an address at Captain America's in the centre. Hopefully it's not just temporary.

Tried Wowburger this week. The chips don't travel well but happy to have a decent burger nearby. (It's no Bunsen or BuJo!) Fast delivery too. I noticed that they drop off Deliveroo fairly frequently so if it says 'back soon' try again in a few minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Tried Wowburger this week. The chips don't travel well but happy to have a decent burger nearby. (It's no Bunsen or BuJo!) Fast delivery too. I noticed that they drop off Deliveroo fairly frequently so if it says 'back soon' try again in a few minutes.

You probably already know this but Bujo have made a ‘bujo at home’ kit to make their burgers, they deliver all over Dublin.

Advertisement