Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Smokers in the house

• 05-03-2017 1:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

I offer rooms for accommodation to lodgers and someone in the house is smoking but I don't know who it is. I don't want to wrongly accuse anyone but it is becoming problematic.
    Is there a smoke detector available for identifying nicotine and e-cigarettes in the air. I have a respitory problem which is triggered by both e and traditional cigarettes

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

• Registered Users Posts: 81,115 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Ashbx

If I were you, I would say it to BOTH tenants that you are aware someone is smoking, not sure who it is but if it doesn't stop smoke alarms will be installed into both rooms to ensure it doesn't happen again.

I wouldn't go spending 200 on an alarm when simply saying it to both/all of them could do the trick. Don't pinpoint anyone. Just tell them due to health issues, you cannot have anyone smoking in this house and you know someone is and you are giving them a chance to stop! If it doesn't, further precautions will be taken!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 smeraduibhe

Ashbx wrote: »
    If I were you, I would say it to BOTH tenants that you are aware someone is smoking, not sure who it is but if it doesn't stop smoke alarms will be installed into both rooms to ensure it doesn't happen again.

I wouldn't go spending 200 on an alarm when simply saying it to both/all of them could do the trick. Don't pinpoint anyone. Just tell them due to health issues, you cannot have anyone smoking in this house and you know someone is and you are giving them a chance to stop! If it doesn't, further precautions will be taken!

The problem of smoking has extended to electronic cigarettes and "vaping"
    Any helpful suggestions to deal with Vaping inside a shared house especially with the odourless vaps which are affecting someone in the house who has an allergic reaction to them whether or not the vaps are flavoured/scented.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Yea, here's some advice. Throw them both out and get new lodgers. Is it your house? Don't pussy foot around them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement