Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Guns N' Roses Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,416 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    As far as I can recall, Slash's second one would've been 2001 when his heart gave out after all the years of drugs and booze. Originally given between 6 days to 6 months. He got a 2nd opinion, and thankfully he's still kicking about.

Axl, overdosed in '86, said overdose went on to eventually inspire Coma.
    Oh yeah the pacemaker. I’d forgotten about that.
    I know the song coma was written after an overdose but I don’t think it was 1986. My recollection was it when he marriage to Erin was breaking down so it was late 80s.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Looking forward to returning too Ireland in June (all going well) to visit Rathfarnham for their gig in Marley Park

First GNR gig since 2017, first time in Dublin since 2015

The GNR concert in Costa Rica which was scheduled for March 18th has been cancelled by the Costa Rican government.

Well given the government here won't allow gatherings of 5,000 or more until September 1st it would seem the gig in Marley park is postponed until at least then(if GNR dont just cancel it).

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Well given the government here won't allow gatherings of 5,000 or more until September 1st it would seem the gig in Marley park is postponed until at least then(if GNR dont just cancel it).

Or it'll be rescheduled to next summer.

• Advertisement

Or it'll be rescheduled to next summer.

Yeah that's possible I suppose. We shall see.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Really hope it’s rescheduled instead of cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Can't see there being any gigs at all this year. Be great to just push every gig / event forward by 12 months instead of cancelling anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

fin12 wrote: »

MCD said thy wanted to have the full schedule done by yesterday - hopefully they are still working on a date as opposed to a cancellation

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭evillive

fin12 wrote: »

Same here but was thinking Slash might have agreed 2021 be put aside for recording/touring with Myles and the Conspirators and would be committed to that or still trying to re-organuse
    They are due a new release/tour

• Advertisement

Now Susan McKagan's adding more fuel to new GN'R tunes..... On the Appetite For Distortion podcast she said this, picked up by Blabbermouth
    I will say GN'R have been working fastidiously on killer new stuff. And I can't say much, but I've heard bits and bobs and it's pretty epic. I do wanna spread the good news, but not detailed news, I guess.

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/guns-n-roses-have-been-working-fastidiously-on-killer-new-music/?fbclid=IwAR2oQ5acaTh2G5J67_TuxiMeml5kgVTFlOJQ-FIACTGs2QkuzkfBR6WZVzE

• Registered Users Posts: 37,716 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Now Susan McKagan's adding more fuel to new GN'R tunes..... On the Appetite For Distortion podcast she said this, picked up by Blabbermouth

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/guns-n-roses-have-been-working-fastidiously-on-killer-new-music/?fbclid=IwAR2oQ5acaTh2G5J67_TuxiMeml5kgVTFlOJQ-FIACTGs2QkuzkfBR6WZVzE

wasant see the first person to announce the return of Duff/Slash ??

going through a few old bootlegs of shows i was at and found one from GNR here in 2012 (not the axl walk off that was 2010 as we knw). It was a decent show and the hired guns were ok but my christ those extended guitar solos/jams. Its actually a pretty similar setlist to the shows on the NITL tour

Disapointed we never got a doc on the reunion but ya never knw it might come out someday

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

PTH2009 wrote: »

going through a few old bootlegs of shows i was at and found one from GNR here in 2012 (not the axl walk off that was 2010 as we knw). It was a decent show and the hired guns were ok but my christ those extended guitar solos/jams. Its actually a pretty similar setlist to the shows on the NITL tour

Disapointed we never got a doc on the reunion but ya never knw it might come out someday

i was at the 2012 gig and it was a ZZZZzzzzzzzzz snoozefest, even ronan keatings exwife and the kid were gone before the encore, incidently Joe elliot was nearby too and he had the same hair as mrs keating, that' s how boring it was!

Slane 2017 on the other hand!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

Think I've the Apollo Theatre show soundboard downloaded..

i was at the 2012 gig and it was a ZZZZzzzzzzzzz snoozefest, even ronan keatings exwife and the kid were gone before the encore, incidently Joe elliot was nearby too and he had the same hair as mrs keating, that' s how boring it was!

Slane 2017 on the other hand!

Axl had a prolonged mid life crisis

He looked cool in 2001 at rock in rio but then got those dreadlocks, beard and went downhill from there. Hes in very good nic since the start of the NITL tour

I think it was on an instagram live she did one of her friend said it.

There has always been guitar/drum solos in the previous eras of GNR. I’ve never understood why people complain about them during the last era. Matt sorum had very long drum solos. Axl left the stage between songs in the past, he also used oxygen during the UYI tour.

A documentary of this reunion ? We still haven’t seen the one that was recorded from 1991-1993 and Chinese Democracy took years to come out. Speedy releases of stuff isn’t this bands MO.

They've also forced their own fans, to find stuff through ill gotten means. Stuff from 1999/2000 can easily be found if you know where exactly to look.

So Matt sorum's autobiography was delayed but it was available for a day in digital form and some fans have posted detailed recaps of it. Dear good little to nothing is positive about any of his former band mates. He barely says anything positive about duff and nothing good about slash. He said he he got shafted on royalties for the live era album because of the additional musician tag.

He says little positive about his time in the cult.

Basically it comes across as a giant moan.

Edit: also slash had something to do with him losing money on UYI.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭wawaman

So Matt sorum's autobiography was delayed but it was available for a day in digital form and some fans have posted detailed recaps of it. Dear good little to nothing is positive about any of his former band mates. He barely says anything positive about duff and nothing good about slash. He said he he got shafted on royalties for the live era album because of the additional musician tag.

And even after all of that he still joined velvet revolver

• Advertisement

Jealousy perhaps that he didn't get the call for the Not In This Lifetime Tour, with Axl instead wanting to keep Frank.
    wawaman wrote: »
    And even after all of that he still joined velvet revolver

It's hilarious to see this jealousy from Sorum all of a sudden surface when he's got a book on the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Jealousy perhaps that he didn't get the call for the Not In This Lifetime Tour, with Axl instead wanting to keep Frank.

It's hilarious to see this jealousy from Sorum all of a sudden surface when he's got a book on the way.

as a working musician who had experienced stadium rock tours and playing on huge albums, velvet revolver would have been a decent job. Even though it was meant to be hell due to the singers heroin habit.

Didnt they do a soundcheck in the 02 (3Arenas name at the time) in 2012 to make sure Axl was in the arena ??? Almost sure they had a later stage time down for GNR and they still came on late :D:D

Thin Lizzy were a great support band but they had someother band supporting which were a disaster. Cant think of there name

Didnt they do a soundcheck in the 02 (3Arenas name at the time) in 2012 to make sure Axl was in the arena ??? Almost sure they had a later stage time down for GNR and they still came on late :D:D

Thin Lizzy were a great support band but they had someother band supporting which were a disaster. Cant think of there name

Well I think the Dublin show that year was the second show so maybe it was sound check for the band and not just axl. They had a full sound check the day before slane.

Vengeance and the panther queen was the name of the other band.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭gooner99

I was at the 2010 and 2012 gigs. They were actually a little later on stage in 2012 iirc. I think the big difference was that Lizzy were a great support act, so people were in a much better mood. 2010 was one interesting night. 2006 was a great gig, but the sound could have been a bit better. Best lineup of the three from that era and definitely the best Axl performance.

gooner99 wrote: »
    I was at the 2010 and 2012 gigs. They were actually a little later on stage in 2012 iirc. I think the big difference was that Lizzy were a great support act, so people were in a much better mood. 2010 was one interesting night. 2006 was a great gig, but the sound could have been a bit better. Best lineup of the three from that era and definitely the best Axl performance.

2010 was interesting, Danko Jones are an ok band but **** me it was forced overkill that night

Saw them support Volbeat last year and they played for an appropriate amount of time that night (30 mins)

2006 was handy for Axl I'd say next door to the Four Seasons

• "Live tour footage coming soon" - Recently posted on the GNR instagram.
    Cool picture.

After the hours and hours of badly recorded footage I've watched, it'd be nice to get some pro-shot stuff.

"Live tour footage coming soon" - Recently posted on the GNR instagram.
    Cool picture.

After the hours and hours of badly recorded footage I've watched, it'd be nice to get some pro-shot stuff.

Soon in GNR world hasn't always meant soon as normal people understand it. At least it's something and maybe we will get stuff going back to the UYI era and before that.

"Live tour footage coming soon" - Recently posted on the GNR instagram.
    Cool picture.

Soon in GNR world hasn't always meant soon as normal people understand it. At least it's something and maybe we will get stuff going back to the UYI era and before that.

Well it's nice that their finally bothering their asses to give their fans something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭wawaman

European tour has officially been called off the band have said. Will be making announcements with local promoters soon

Advertisement