Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Weekend with the young wan in Limerick.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Where is the "fashion quarter"?

Girlfriend is 27 so I'd be looking for H&M, Next etc.

Roches St and a small part of Catherine St. She might not find what she is looking for there so. Best bet would be to head to Cruises St or else head to the Crescent Shopping Center (outside of the city)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

Where is the "fashion quarter"?

Girlfriend is 27 so I'd be looking for H&M, Next etc.

Im 28 - forget about the "fashion quarter" its for more mature ladies. In the city centre - Brown Thomas is good and has Mango, Oasis & Warehouse inside it. Dunnes on Henry st. has a really good Savida range (which i love). Honestly thats it for me in town clothes shop-wise. Edit: New Look is also on Cruises street.

You need to head to The Crescent Shopping centre for anything else clothes-wise - H&M, Zara, River Island, Next, Mexx, Vero Moda/Only, Tesco clothes (great!), Dorothy Perkins are based there.

Town isnt good for shopping for clothes unless she likes day-glo leggings and bellytops.

Parchment wrote: »
    Im 28 - forget about the "fashion quarter" its for more mature ladies. In the city centre - Brown Thomas is good and has Mango, Oasis & Warehouse inside it. Dunnes on Henry st. has a really good Savida range (which i love). Honestly thats it for me in town clothes shop-wise. Edit: New Look is also on Cruises street.

You need to head to The Crescent Shopping centre for anything else clothes-wise - H&M, Zara, River Island, Next, Mexx, Vero Moda/Only, Tesco clothes (great!), Dorothy Perkins are based there.

Town isnt good for shopping for clothes unless she likes day-glo leggings and bellytops.

whats wrong with day-glo leggings and bellytops :pac:

Mc Love wrote: »
    whats wrong with day-glo leggings and bellytops :pac:

What isn't ...?!

I like to accessorise my ensemble with see-through "leggings" and smiley face penneys knickers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32 NinjaMasterPro

Limericks grand so far. I don't think I'm enjoying it to its full potential as I don't really know the city at all. I'm just wandering around like a lost sheep. I'm liking the cafes and stuff hide hidden in basements. Saw some Italian place down in a basement and a really nice lookin wine place called copper house or something. Any more of these hidden basement places that i can check out?

I just came back from dinner in Mejana. Not great food as I'm comparing it to a great Lebanese place in Cork. While enjoying my meal a belly dancer came out and bellydanced at us when we were trying to eat. Kind of disturbing.

• Advertisement

You should definitely try that Italian place you saw, although I think its closed on Sundays, however the pizzeria (same family) beside is open and do one of the best pizza's in Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

This very day, for free, you can visit Ormeston House to view The Enclave, EVA art exhibition in 3 different locations in the City Centre (Limerick Art Galley, The Milk Factory, Hunt Museum)

Check out the urban street art that is covering the city, it is everywhere.

The city has a very rich history, it is, and always has been a very interesting city, there is a very good reason why it has been seiged 6 times.

Imagine if other cities had as choice as wide as that, there has never been as much tourists in this city as there has been over the last year or so, do not for a second feel sorry for the them, they are here by choice.

the Chicken hut gravy?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32 NinjaMasterPro

Went to bunratty castle. Went to get into the castle and it was closed for some banquet at about 4.20. Mother****ers. They never told us about this when we paid 15e for the ticket. *****! Nice weather to be depressed in at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

The fashion quarter is a complete joke!

seachto7 wrote: »
    The fashion quarter is a complete joke!

Is it though?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,713 ✭✭✭✭phog

Went to bunratty castle. Went to get into the castle and it was closed for some banquet at about 4.20. Mother****ers. They never told us about this when we paid 15e for the ticket. *****! Nice weather to be depressed in at least.

Poor form from Shannon Heritage, I think you should write to them and complain.

Mc Love wrote: »
    Is it though?

Yes. Had some friends over from England who found it hilarious.

It's not a fashion quarter, it's what every other big town centre normally has.

It's fine if you're a lady of a certain age who loves "boooteeeeks". :rolleyes:

If you're a bloke, it's a disaster.

I can just imagine the smug get together when they planned that "fashion quarter" signage...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

That's what you get for going to Clare.
    Shower of %$£!" is all they are.

Is it just me or is Bunratty folk park a total rip off?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

I've never been out there but the Easter thing that was on yesterday looked pretty good value for someone with young kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,713 ✭✭✭✭phog

Probably depends on your interests, I like it and anyone I ever brought they enjoyed it.

I should have said expensive instead of a rip off. I dunno, I thought it was pricey.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

Yes. Had some friends over from England who found it hilarious.

It's not a fashion quarter, it's what every other big town centre normally has.

It's fine if you're a lady of a certain age who loves "boooteeeeks". :rolleyes:

If you're a bloke, it's a disaster.

I can just imagine the smug get together when they planned that "fashion quarter" signage...

It's a bull****, contrived, lame attempt at 'marketing'. The area has a handful of clothes shops, and none of them would be considered high end.

That very same area is probably the most interesting, avant garde area of the city given the cafés, pubs, art, etc but Limerick City Council went and designated it 'the fashion quarter'. It just goes to show how good at selling the city the council are. (not good at all)

I will say, friends over in England had a nice day around the town on Friday, but thought the city of culture events could have been advertised a bit better, in that the brochure was overloaded with info, and they didn't know where to start!

That was just them though.

I live here and have no idea whats going on for the City of Culture- i do see the Eva exhibition signs on Clancy Strand but its never ever open and i pass it twice daily.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Stellaluna

I live here and have no idea whats going on for the City of Culture- i do see the Eva exhibition signs on Clancy Strand but its never ever open and i pass it twice daily.

It's open from 12-5pm daily except public and bank holidays

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭gryff

http://limerickcityofculture.ie/
    its all here - Ive been to loads of stuff.. there's no excuse not to know whats going on really...

Advertisement