Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Limerick Work Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Erper

fl4pj4ck wrote: »
    tesco/dunnes for sure, I guess almost every other retailer will too

tesco wont take it for sure as their sales are directly proportional to hiring new staff...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

From previous years, dunnes, boots and argos have always looked for xmas staff, good place to start. Hell if you went to childers road, you can check all three at once!

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭mufc1993

I know somebody who is a distributor for Forever Living Products. Not sure if there are many sellers around Limerick but they are always looking for more people to become distributors for them. You can message me if interested for more info since links aren't allowed :) cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Charlie George

Wondering would anyone know if there would be a welder apprenticeship going for my young fella,19 and hard working.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭garryowenman

Does anyone of any full time part time work going in limerick at the moment

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

Hi

Could someone list the companies in limerick that take on general operatives?

From this thread, Vistakon and Styker do. Is there anyone else. The chances of getting a job are slim, but i will send off CVs anyhow or hand them in.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Roquentin wrote: »
    Hi

From this thread, Vistakon and Styker do. Is there anyone else. The chances of getting a job are slim, but i will send off CVs anyhow or hand them in.

Could also try ethicon, they are another johnson and johnson company.

phill106 wrote: »
    Could also try ethicon, they are another johnson and johnson company.

Thanks. Might try cook medical as well. Dont know if they take on general operatives though.

Is there any other big companies within the city or surrounding suburbs?

The chances of getting in are slim, but no harm in trying.

Hi

Our place has been taking on 2/3 people on a weekly basis for the last couple of months. I heard today that they are doing aptitude tests again soon. Fire a CV into the reception in Stryker with "F.A.O H.R dept" on the envelope. Don't post it, go in yourself personally. It always looks better. Some sort of mechanical background or trade will help you a lot here. Best of luck. Might meet you on the line some day

Our place has been taking on 2/3 people on a weekly basis for the last couple of months. I heard today that they are doing aptitude tests again soon. Fire a CV into the reception in Stryker with "F.A.O H.R dept" on the envelope. Don't post it, go in yourself personally. It always looks better. Some sort of mechanical background or trade will help you a lot here. Best of luck. Might meet you on the line some day

Cheers, will do.

• Advertisement

Cheers, will do.

No bother. While you're there, BS&B across the road is worth a shot. As is Analog.

No bother. While you're there, BS&B across the road is worth a shot. As is Analog.

Sound, will check them out also. Probably wont hear anything, but no harm in trying.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 neko_neko_chan

This is a long shot but would anyone have any leads on jobs that are only 20 hours per week? For a person that needs to ease back into work after illness.

Thanks so much xxx

This is a long shot but would anyone have any leads on jobs that are only 20 hours per week? For a person that needs to ease back into work after illness.

Thanks so much xxx

You could get part time work cleaning or something

Thanks so much xxx

The fas wesbite usually has part time work jobs.

What is the interview for stryker like? Just wondering if it is technical or does it just go by your previous work experience. If its too technical i probably wouldnt get the job, so there would be no point applying.

I worked in dell a few years ago and that interview was grand. Just education and where you have worked before, so if it is like that i will hand in a CV.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,509 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Anyone know of any pubs/hosptality looking for staff? Even retail?..
    Desperate at this stage..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,313 ✭✭✭Tefral

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭onethreefive

Is it a good idea to print off a lot of CV's and hand them out in town? I really need to get weekend/evening work asap.

Is it a good idea to print off a lot of CV's and hand them out in town? I really need to get weekend/evening work asap.

by default handing them in is always better than post or email. shows you are making an effort. Just be sociable when you hand them in as well.

What you are trying to do is covertly influence an employer and doing that can work.

Having said that, such is the amount of CVs being sent or handed in, the chance of a job is low for all of us, as in we all have the same chance. You could get lucky though

• Advertisement

by default handing them in is always better than post or email. shows you are making an effort. Just be sociable when you hand them in as well.

What you are trying to do is covertly influence an employer and doing that can work.

Having said that, such is the amount of CVs being sent or handed in, the chance of a job is low for all of us, as in we all have the same chance. You could get lucky though

Hopefully! I need to get something or it'll be popcorn for dinner.... again :P Going to hand them in literally everywhere.

Hopefully! I need to get something or it'll be popcorn for dinner.... again :P Going to hand them in literally everywhere.

same with me. i eat sandwiches for the week

• Registered Users Posts: 2 whocares?

Hello everyone, I have a bit of a problem. I have been offered the opportunity to pursue a PhD and the tuition fees for this year have been covered. This is, of course, great news. However, I need to find a way to feed myself while I pursue this opportunity. To that end I have been searching for jobs - unfortunately, there does not seem to be much out there that will fit with me trying to study simultaneously.

Some additional information/obstacles - I do not drive so I need to try to stay within the city bus limits from Limerick city centre and I occasionally need to travel to conferences to present work/papers. My masters is in music technology and my PhD research has to do with the applications of evolutionary computing to creative tasks so arts/media/computer/technical skills are quite good, I'm terrible at sales but generally good at customer service, I'm quite tall so stocking high shelves on evenings or weekends plays right into my wheelhouse. Anyway, you get the idea.

So I thought I'd ask - Does anyone know of any part-time work in Limerick that might suit someone who is studying full time at the same time? Any information/help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

whocares? wrote: »
    Hello everyone, I have a bit of a problem. I have been offered the opportunity to pursue a PhD and the tuition fees for this year have been covered. This is, of course, great news. However, I need to find a way to feed myself while I pursue this opportunity. To that end I have been searching for jobs - unfortunately, there does not seem to be much out there that will fit with me trying to study simultaneously.

Some additional information/obstacles - I do not drive so I need to try to stay within the city bus limits from Limerick city centre and I occasionally need to travel to conferences to present work/papers. My masters is in music technology and my PhD research has to do with the applications of evolutionary computing to creative tasks so arts/media/computer/technical skills are quite good, I'm terrible at sales but generally good at customer service, I'm quite tall so stocking high shelves on evenings or weekends plays right into my wheelhouse. Anyway, you get the idea.

So I thought I'd ask - Does anyone know of any part-time work in Limerick that might suit someone who is studying full time at the same time? Any information/help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

youd have a better chance of finding oil on henry street than work stocking shelves. the minimum wage market is saturated. You can try, but you will have to sell yourself like a one legged hooker

• Registered Users Posts: 2 whocares?

youd have a better chance of finding oil on henry street than work stocking shelves. the minimum wage market is saturated. You can try, but you will have to sell yourself like a one legged hooker

Yeah, that's more or less what I'm finding. The thing is I'd be overqualified for those types of jobs, but it's pretty difficult to find something willing to work around my academic requirements.

whocares? wrote: »
    Yeah, that's more or less what I'm finding. The thing is I'd be overqualified for those types of jobs, but it's pretty difficult to find something willing to work around my academic requirements.

thats the reality of the situation. There are jobs, but there are too many people applying for them.

If you know someone it helps. Ive been apply and handing in cvs for my line of work and nothing. All i can do is ride it out.

I saw a hairdresser's in the crescent I think looking for hair models. I'm not sure if you get paid or not but it might be worth a look

I saw a hairdresser's in the crescent I think looking for hair models. I'm not sure if you get paid or not but it might be worth a look

they are looking for hand models in o briens. you know a nice hand to complement the even nicer sandwich in the picture:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Miike

thats the reality of the situation. There are jobs, but there are too many people applying for them.

If you know someone it helps. Ive been apply and handing in cvs for my line of work and nothing. All i can do is ride it out.

I don't think there is anything more depressing than applying for jobs like a lunatic and not hearing a thing back. I'm on the verge of cracking up! I can't even get something on the jobs bridge sc(heme)am! :D

• Advertisement

Miike wrote: »
    I don't think there is anything more depressing than applying for jobs like a lunatic and not hearing a thing back. I'm on the verge of cracking up! I can't even get something on the jobs bridge sc(heme)am! :D

i am not one of those dole scroungers as well. I want to work and do a solid up at six finish at 4 days work. Nothing going though. Having said that i have got into rhythm with regards not working. Still though wish i could work

Advertisement