Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Samsung Galaxy S5 €379.99

• 02-07-2015 10:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Samsung Galaxy S5 16GB is for sale at €379.99 on Groupon.

New phone and is unlocked so doesn't seem like bad value.

Can't post a link because I'm a new user.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭foxy_j

Ya I bought one when they were doing the same deal back in April and I love it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Is it safe to assume that sellers on GroupOn are legit? Or is there anything I should look out for?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

I wondered was it legit also :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Wang King

Bought my LG G2 from GroupOn about 10 months ago, completely legit and nothing to worry about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭Crumbs868

Wang King wrote: »
    Bought my LG G2 from GroupOn about 10 months ago, completely legit and nothing to worry about.

Would it not depend on the particular seller?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭foxy_j

Yeah maybe- the seller was innovations int. If you look at their own site its not v professional and they don't accept paypal. Groupon does so I figured i'd go with it and at least you have some security then.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,713 ✭✭✭masterboy123

What about s6? please

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭markc2951

Bought one in argos for €375 with a friends discount...bargain

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Always be wary about expensive ( > 100) tech buys on groupon. A lot of sellers are selling grey imports, weird refurb deals and such. Always google the seller and make a decision yourself. This deal could be alright, seeing that it is brand new and sealed etc. But do a search before parting with cash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭Mechanical Clocktail

If anyone has bought this phone using this deal or knows more about the seller then info would be appreciated. My S2 is still working (mostly) but an upgrade wouldn't be a bad thing at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭GaGa21

I bought the S4 with Groupon last year and tho I have had no problems with the phone itself, I'm having a constant issue with my network on it. I'm with 3 and my mobile data connection keeps dropping. 3 said this can happen with unlocked phones bought from outside Ireland.(mine came from Poland)Advice was to leave roaming on constantly but I am always having to reconnect to the 3 network manually. It's so annoying and wouldn't buy a phone like this again. Just my 2 cents!

Advertisement