Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

OnePlus One Available Direct to Ireland (Back to €299 + €18 shipping)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭Dwalsh58

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Ordered too, thanks OP.

Bit the bullet and went for the posh 19.99 delivery :D

What charger is with your order? mine says EU charger.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

I dont understand the whole Cyanogen thing... its running on Android 4.4? Can it be easily updated to Android Lollipop? (On the phone without a lengthy installing process)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Dwalsh58 wrote: »
    What charger is with your order? mine says EU charger.

Mine says EU charger too!

Ah well, if it is a 2 pin one, I have some spare adaptors around.
    You can get one for cheap if you have a dealz near you

http://www.dealz.ie/electrek-visitor-adaptor

Also saw some in Aldi the other day.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭mackcracknsack

Whats the deal about the OnePlus One? Is it that much better than the other phones. I have a Samsung Galaxy s3 mini.

I have had the OPO since August. Far better than S3 mini. Better storage, ram, battery and processor.

OPO is holding its own and is performing better than the "premium" smartphones which cost double if not more

Some good reviews
    http:// www. phonearena.com/phones/compare/OnePlus-One,Apple-iPhone-6/phones/8603,8346
    http:// www. techradar.com/reviews/phones/mobile-phones/oneplus-one-1244307/review
    http:// www. engadget.com/products/oneplus/one/
    http:// www. trustedreviews.com/oneplus-one-review

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭bidiots

Whats the deal about the OnePlus One? Is it that much better than the other phones. I have a Samsung Galaxy s3 mini.

It's a high end model for a very good price. Your Samsung mini is very low end compared to it, no comparison whatsoever...
    Research it to see if its for you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,865 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Mine says EU charger too!

Ah well, if it is a 2 pin one, I have some spare adaptors around.
    You can get one for cheap if you have a dealz near you

http://www.dealz.ie/electrek-visitor-adaptor

Also saw some in Aldi the other day.
    My invoice when I ordered it from UK months ago said EU charger aswell and it was a lovely Oneplus EU plug with a crappy poundshop UK adapter included, didnt even take it out of the box, I took the red Oneplus USB cable and plugged it into a Sony USB plug and that seems to charge 30% faster than other USB chargers Ive tried it with.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,999 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

How does it compare to a Xperia Z1 would anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Thargor wrote: »
    My invoice when I ordered it from UK months ago said EU charger aswell and it was a lovely Oneplus EU plug with a crappy poundshop UK adapter included, didnt even take it out of the box, I took the red Oneplus USB cable and plugged it into a Sony USB plug and that seems to charge 30% faster than other USB chargers Ive tried it with.

Ah yeah, I'm with you on that!
    Most phones I get these days, I don't even remove the charger from the packet.
    I have a 2 Amp charger that I got with a Nexus 7 back in 2012 and I've used it to charge all my phones since then ha ha :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

has the yellow hue issue been resolved?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭grimm2005

I dont understand the whole Cyanogen thing... its running on Android 4.4? Can it be easily updated to Android Lollipop? (On the phone without a lengthy installing process)

It's a custom ROM that's based on stock Android 4.4 which has been customised with extra features that are only available on a rooted phone but the look and feel is very much like stock Android.

Having said that, OnePlus had a disagreement with Cyanogen and are currently building their own OS called Oxygen OS based on stock Lollipop which is coming this month (an alpha build is already available):

http://www.knowyourmobile.com/mobile-phones/oneplus-one/22978/oneplus-one-android-lollipop-update-confirmed-march

For all intents and purposes, I'd basically call what you're getting on the One a stock Android experience.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

I took the plunge. Debating it for a while but that price sealed the deal.

I didn't hang around in case its an introductory price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Iron Man 2.0

What price is it normally?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

What price is it normally?

Had to be ordered from the UK site and was generally around 370e. Probably fluctuated with exchange rate.

Now there is an Irish site it is 279e for 16GB and 299e for 64GB not including delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Great deal as I was contemplating ordering off the UK site, Would have had enough on my o2 card if I didn't have to pay by PayPal ah well I'll get it tomorrow, I'll have to get a code for to order it, if anyone has one to spare I would be grateful and apologies for going off topic

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Great phone for the price it's outstanding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Iron Man 2.0

Is it that good? What phone cud it be compared to?

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭brijay

Will this phone work on any network

brijay wrote: »
    Will this phone work on any network

Yes, it is unlocked. If you plan on using 4G check your networks bands though, as some are not supported.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

How does this offer compare to the LG G3 on sale in Amazon UK for £285stg (about 400 euro)? Is the LG G3 a better phone?

Drag00n79 wrote: »
    How does this offer compare to the LG G3 on sale in Amazon UK for £285stg (about 400 euro)? Is the LG G3 a better phone?

The G3 has an array of issues, including the phone itself shutting off randomly. I wouldn't recommend it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭BetterThanThou

Seriously tempted to buy one of these, only bought an iPhone 5s about 7 months ago, at this point the novelty has worn off, great phone, but it's boring as hell. Due to the release of the iPhone 6, the value of the 5s has greatly fallen, I'd be taking a huge loss from what I paid for it if I were to sell it, so I nearly feel like I have to keep it to get my moneys worth. Is the One Plus One 4g compatible? I can't seem to find a straight answer on this, not being 4g compatible would be a deal breaker.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

I know it definitely works on 4g with Three.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭BetterThanThou

A bit of research showed that it does seem to work with 4g on Meteor, which is the network I use, can anyone confirm this? Two more questions, firstly, is there an otterbox like case I can buy for this? I'm not great when it comes to keeping phones intact, so I'd be much happier if there was a case similar enough to an otterbox available. And, I've heard the stock OS on this isn't too great, would I be correct in assuming flashing it and installing standard android or a custom version wouldn't be any issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭N64

Sam Mac wrote: »
    The G3 has an array of issues, including the phone itself shutting off randomly. I wouldn't recommend it.

On the contrary, the one plus one has a plethora of issues. The touch sensor isn't properly grounded and a lot of people are reporting phantom touches. At the end of the day, OnePlus are a new company with very little experience making devices and it shows from what I've read on the official forums.

https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/fixing-the-ghost-touch-grounding-issue-once-and-for-all-hint-it-was-never-a-software-problem.186235/

for the LG G3 if you have the extra money (€80) . It has a better camera, screen, smaller form factor, SD card slot and build quality. The reboot issue has been fixed with subsequent hardware revisions.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Jack Sawyer

N64 wrote: »
    On the contrary, the one plus one has a plethora of issues. The touch sensor isn't properly grounded and a lot of people are reporting phantom touches. At the end of the day, OnePlus are a new company with very little experience making devices and it shows from what I've read on the official forums.

for the LG G3 if you have the extra money (€80) . It has a better camera, screen, smaller form factor, SD card slot and build quality. The reboot issue has been fixed with subsequent hardware revisions.

Thanks to the OP for posting :)

O+O does seem to have a lot of complaints over screen issues - A yellowish tinge, and unresponsive touch screen/phantom touches etc in certain cases.

Am tempted to buy but very concerned re this?

The LG G3 32GB seems to be €541 before delivery on Amazon - Assume prices quoted are for 16GB? Which after OS leaves v little storage...

- Can anyone confirm that a 16GB LG G3 with a 64GB micro SD card is essentially equal to a 70GB phone? ie no issues with installing apps to Micro SD or other annoying impediments to a happy life?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

O+O does seem to have a lot of complaints over screen issues - A yellowish tinge, and unresponsive touch screen/phantom touches etc in certain cases.

All these issues were raised when 1+1 was just starting. Very few of those issues are still in existance. Given they are a small company and other larger companies have issues with new phones as well ( sony for their camera issues, apple for their plethora of problems ) i wouldnt worry. I never had yellow screen and iirc it was an easy fix. Phantom touches were addressed in an update. I think if you check through the android thread oneplus owners thread you will see what you are raising actually hasnt happened in a good while.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭peaceboi

Ye....can agree with this, had problem with touch sensitivity on the certain screen areas, the first few days. But can confirm they gone for good since the latest I update s. Brilliant to use now & getting excellent battery life. Coming from iPhone 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭thomasj

A bit of research showed that it does seem to work with 4g on Meteor, which is the network I use, can anyone confirm this? Two more questions, firstly, is there an otterbox like case I can buy for this? I'm not great when it comes to keeping phones intact, so I'd be much happier if there was a case similar enough to an otterbox available. And, I've heard the stock OS on this isn't too great, would I be correct in assuming flashing it and installing standard android or a custom version wouldn't be any issue?

It does. I have had it for months and have no problem with LTE. Am on meteor.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Sync

Mr.S wrote: »
    Great phone, but it is very very big so don't be fooled!

This is almost becoming the standard now though, I have the LG G3, 5.5" screen and I find it painful to use the iphone4/5 or my older HTC. The phone is almost all screen and it's great, imagine the One+ is similar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Sync

The LG G3 32GB seems to be €541 before delivery on Amazon - Assume prices quoted are for 16GB? Which after OS leaves v little storage...

- Can anyone confirm that a 16GB LG G3 with a 64GB micro SD card is essentially equal to a 70GB phone? ie no issues with installing apps to Micro SD or other annoying impediments to a happy life?

Nope keep your apps and music etc on the SD and you should be fine.

What I would look out for is try to get the 3GB RAM version, not sure if the 16GB has that... but apparently the 2GB RAM version can lag.

Advertisement